Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-16-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay!

The stomach flu.

Kill me now.

Any tips?  I'm trying saltines and some water right now, I couldn't even finish a glass of sprite earlier.  I'm SO thirsty but SO nauseous.

And I have a fever.  Should I be concerned?  I do have a MW appt tomorrow but I'll cancel because I don't think I'll feel well enough to drive the 45 minutes each way.  :(

I don't know which end is worse.  To be honest, the thought of the H Roid this late in the game isn't to appealing. 

:(

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

I am so so sorry.

Last time I had it (gross I know) I just sat in the shower and threw up and pooed and just enjoyed the water as best I could.

Horrible for you, but I could keep down was eating sour patch kids one at a time..settled my stomach a bit and tasted ok coming back out...

((Hugs))

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#3 of 15 Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM

Totally understand what you are going through, I think I'm catching something as well for the millionth time this pregnancy. Ive been eating small meals no matter what since I want to try to keep something down for the baby's sake and trying to get myself to drink water. Other than that I'm very thankful my husband is home right now to take care of the older two so I can sleep and relax as much as possible. I just pray it doesn't cause labor to start or something. I got a few contractions yesterday (probably from the diarrhea .. TMI.. and dehydration) and thought "sorry kid not now".. Luckily they went away when I forced myself to drink some water.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#4 of 15 Old 01-16-2011, 06:52 PM

I had a terrible stomach flu 2 weeks ago-everyone in my house did. I froze gatorade into ice cubes. Little tiny ones then sucked on them one at a time.

Hope you feel better

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#5 of 15 Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

When my terrible morning sickness kicks in in the beginning of my pregnancies I found the sparkling water instead of sprite or ginger ale made me feel better, the sugar of the soda made me feel worse.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#6 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hugs ladies.  I'm still feeling awful, and obviously dehydrated so I have a pounding headache.  And for some reason heartburn?  From the 3 sips of water I drank earlier?  Really?

I've been having TONS of painful BH contrax which seems to really annoy the baby, to the point there he/she is pushing and kicking and fighting them. 

Maybe I'll ask my husband to go get some gatorade or some vitamin waters....I need something, I'm parched but everything is going right through me.

On the bright side, maybe I won't gain 7 pounds at my next MW appt...

#7 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthmama View Post

I had a terrible stomach flu 2 weeks ago-everyone in my house did. I froze gatorade into ice cubes. Little tiny ones then sucked on them one at a time.

Hope you feel better

I had it over Christmas and Gatorade was the only fluid that I could drink and (sometimes) keep down. I'm sorry you're sick. DD is home with a fever today, I'm hoping that she doesn't have the flu.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#8 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 AM
mcs

i hope you are feeling better...or are at least able to keep some food down.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#9 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Im so sorry you are sick. I just got over the stomach bug. I threw up once but had the runs for a day. I drank gatoraide and iced sleepy time tea that entire day. That evening I ate a few crackers  and some apple sauce but thats it. I did not trust my system to be able to handle anything. The next day I ate a banana, apple sauce then finally I had some Chicken noodle soup. I am still feeling a bit slishy sloshy right now but Im eating. Ive discovered milk does not agree right now but yogurt is fine. With all the stomach distress every time the baby moved it was painful. :(

Hope you feel better soon. Key is to stay hydrated!!

#10 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had it a few weeks ago over Christmas for 4 days. I didnt throw up, I took a lot of zofran though, and was still having green (TMI) diarrea constantly. I could eat, but it went right through me, plus i had horrible nasty reflux that made me so nauseated. Feel better mama.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#11 of 15 Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry that you are sick! What a sucky time to get a stomach bug. If I can't keep anything down, I drink a little jello water. Basically make jello but stop after you heat it up, before adding any cold water. Then drink a little of the warm liquid. It coats the stomach nicely and calms it down. I prefer orange because it doesn't smell as strong as the rest do. I hope you get some fluids in you. Maybe when you cancel your appt tomorrow you can talk with you mw to see if she has any suggestions about avoiding further dehydration.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#12 of 15 Old 01-18-2011, 12:28 AM

The biggest risk is obviously dehydration. It can even send you into premature labor. Drink gatorade like mad. Plain water doesn't have electrolytes, and will not repair the dehydration. Take small sips of gatorade every 15 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 5 minutes, trying to get something to stay down. IF you continue vomiting through the night & cannot keep down fluids, I would even go to the ER for an IV. Dehydration during pregnancy requires urgent care.

#13 of 15 Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the tips.

I ate some food last night and then spent the night with issues on both ends. My bathroom is a crime scene.  The contractions were so out of control I had to breathe through some of them.

I'm going to try to get out for some gatorade in a bit.  My stomach is SO SORE.  This is day 3, not sure how long I should let it go on before getting concerned.  I don't feel fevered like I did 2 days ago, but I do feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Also, the heartburn?  Really?  Insane.  My ears hurt and are burning from the heartburn, if that makes sense.  At least the baby is still really moving around, probably more annoyed than anything. 

#14 of 15 Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I second the ER thing. I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy and they said if you puke more than 10 times in 24 hours you should come in for IV fluids.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#15 of 15 Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 AM

I just heard on the radio tonight that there is a vicious stomach bug circulating around my state. I wonder if you have something similar. I hope by now you are feeling better but if not I would get checked out. I'm so sorry you are sick! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page