Too high! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies!  So I need some advice.  I am perfectly content for our LO to cook for as long as he needs but I am totally sick of him being up in my throat.  Sometimes I wonder if he is confused and maybe heading for the wrong exit?  I am 37 weeks today and would love for him to "drop" so I can get some relief from heartburn and breathlessness.  Any suggestions?  I have tried walking, what else is good?  TIA!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#2 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM

well, I don't know any tips on how to make a baby drop but I know mine is VERY low and engaged.  I can feel the head bulging at my pubic bone, and the heartburn I have is unreal.  LOL.  To the point that it burns my ears it's so bad.  I've never had heartburn this bad with my last 2...Oy.

Rocking on a yoga ball and doing some positions on all 4s might help move the baby a bit.

I think if I recall, first babies stay higher longer ???

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#3 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM

I don't know for sure, but I'd try squats, lunges, and a chiropractic adjustment.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#4 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post

Sometimes I wonder if he is confused and maybe heading for the wrong exit?  I

LOL!!!! ROTFLMAO.gif That's hilarious!! I wish I had some advice. This LO is progressing really well but my last one didn't go down until I was induced. Maybe just think heavy thoughts, IDK.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#5 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Yeah, I don't know if there's much you can do, but mine is also VERY low and frankly I don't know which I'd rather have at this point. When he moves his head or hands it sometimes hurts so much it makes me cry.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#6 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Mine is also really low and I have horrible horrible heartburn!!  I thought that once he dropped the heartburn would disappear but that didn't happen.

I second the other suggestions,   bounce on the exercise ball, squats, lunges, lots of walking.  He'll drop when he's ready!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#7 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM

nintendork...ride the train! it helped my baby move lower...after we road on the trains we went to the store and i told dh, 'i can breathe!'...and he said my belly looked different. we went from plano to dallas, hung out for a while and had lunch then went back to plano...i didn't realize how many stops there were along the way though and the train made me a little nauseous but i could breathe better afterwards.

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#8 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

They did just open up the green line by my house, I will have to check that out!

What?  Dropping doesn't always relieve heartburn?  Ahhh nature, you fooled me!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#9 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post

I think it's actually supposed to be the opposite - first timers supposedly drop 2-4 weeks before due date and subsequent babies, not until labour starts - according to the books anyway.

My actual experience has been the opposite though. First one dropped at 36 weeks and it was like 1 day I just noticed a huge difference. This time and last time, the baby just got lower and lower as it grew bigger. I've been walking around feeling like the baby is in my butt for weeks now. Not comfortable at all. And my waddle is beyond ridiculous at this point.

nintendork - I'm sorry you're having such trouble with breathlessness and heartburn. That must be awful. I wish I had some good suggestions for you. Maybe dancing, pelvic rocking??

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#10 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post

I think it's actually supposed to be the opposite - first timers supposedly drop 2-4 weeks before due date and subsequent babies, not until labour starts - according to the books anyway.

My actual experience has been the opposite though. First one dropped at 36 weeks and it was like 1 day I just noticed a huge difference. This time and last time, the baby just got lower and lower as it grew bigger. I've been walking around feeling like the baby is in my butt for weeks now. Not comfortable at all. And my waddle is beyond ridiculous at this point.

nintendork - I'm sorry you're having such trouble with breathlessness and heartburn. That must be awful. I wish I had some good suggestions for you. Maybe dancing, pelvic rocking??

Oh maybe.  I assumed since I have absolutely zero muscle tone inside or out that the baby isn't supported.  I do know I have a larger pelvis (and several midwives have commented on it's roominess which I take as a total complement, LOL).  so maybe dropping in that vast space is easier?

But yea, the heartburn this time for me is just unbelievable.  I have never experienced anything like it before in my life.  Ugh.....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#11 of 11 Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobunny View Post

Yeah, I don't know if there's much you can do, but mine is also VERY low and frankly I don't know which I'd rather have at this point. When he moves his head or hands it sometimes hurts so much it makes me cry.

This! And I also still have horrible heartburn, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page