Newborn diaper stashes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Would anyone like to share pics of their diaper stashes?  Or the way they are stored?

I just washed and put away everything (I'll take a pic tomorrow, I've been sick sick sick).

Everything looks so cute and tiny in their little baskets (watch, I'll have another 10#er and these won't be worn.  again).

Yes, my 2 year old diapers are nice too but there is something just freaking adorable about an itty bitty newborn diaper...

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#2 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 02:50 PM

All our diapers are one size bum genius and fuzzy buns and #3 will be sharing his sisters' diapers.... poor kid better like pink and purple. I plan to snap a bunch of them into "newborn" size, hopefully before he's born. lol

I tried to keep my diapers gender neutral, but many of them were gifted to us from friends who "tried" cloth and quit, so I still ended up with a stash of many girlie colors and patterns.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#4 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 03:38 PM

I have a buttload of prefolds and some fuzzibunz...not sure how I'm going to store them.  In the short term they'll stay next to the bed, in the long term I have no idea.

#5 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Here's my set up- it sure isn't fancy but it will work for now! I have in one basket under the bassnette about 3 dozen prefolds, in the other basket are some fitteds & covers, a bag of sposies & a change pad. Over the bassinette is a hanging blue basket with baby washcloths for wipes, a few receiving blankets & a few onesies & sleepers in case of overnight changes. Beside that is ds' artwork. In the bassinette right now is my hospital bag (I'm all set!) and on my bed next to the bassinette is Princess Coochie :)

001.JPG

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#6 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM

What an awesome set up, Cujobunny!  I really like it...it's very cozy and organized.  I can't tell where/what Princess Coochie is, though lol.gif (I'm curious now).

#7 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post

What an awesome set up, Cujobunny!  I really like it...it's very cozy and organized.  I can't tell where/what Princess Coochie is, though lol.gif (I'm curious now).

Thanks! It's unlikely we'll use the bassinette , most likely I'll co sleep but you never know. Princess Coochie is the cat on my bed towards the front of the photo :) She won't leave me alone, she's always curled up with me these days!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#8 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Here's mine, with bonus crib shot. 

100_2434.jpg

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#9 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM

I store all the stuff as of now in a dresser and some storage baskets... We won't move the changing table into our room til she is born, cause we use it for DS still... It has two shelves that accomodates 6 of those baskets, which will be a good amount of space for all the fitteds, covers, pockets, AIOs, prefolds and such. I will move the wipe warmer and butt cream onto one of those prince lionheart changing table organizers that hang off the side and the diaper pail goes there too. I figure it cannot be stinky with newborn poop, right? I want it in our room so I don't have to walk for a mile with a crying newborn ;) 

@ Cojobunny: I put up the cosleeper yesterday to be prepared, on my side of the bed, and my cats totally think it's their bed now. Hahaha. I know though that once there's a squirmy baby in there they won't come close.... When I sat it up weeks ago just to make sure it works, they slept in it too:

168552_481292235918_527630918_6402372_5169207_n.jpg

#10 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Loving the stash (and cat!) pictures!  I just ordered the last few.  We are starting new as DD is 4 and there was not to be a #3.  So excited though!  For the babe and the diapers.  ;-)

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#11 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 AM
mcs

fancy fancy!

i guess we are pretty old fashioned (i.e. poor) we are just using flatfolds with nappys (? i think that is what they are called) and wool covers- all on loan to us. but, i still oooh and ahh when i look at it all. and i am really happy with the way that our changing table/crib area has turned out. it is mostly in white and looks so peaceful.

my dh got internet for the iphone again, maybe i can take a picture with it and then post when we are at a place with a faster connection. i changed my profile pic yesterday and had to wait for sosoooo long. grumph.

in cat news- i can't believe that neither of our cats has been on the changing table or in the crib. i guess with #3 they are catching on.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#12 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 AM

My prefolds are in poor condition after 2 kids.  I just invested a bunch in the new "Best Bottom" system.   They arrived yesterday.  SO cute.  Can't wait to try them!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#13 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM

Mine isn't ready yet. Still waiting on some stuff but will definitely show it off when it is finished!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page