Very itchy Belly! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! This is my first post in this DDC. My name is Holly and I'm due 2/15 with a baby boy. This is my second child. I have a 4 year old daughter,Eva. Anyways do any of you have an extremely itchy belly? Mine is so itchy tonight. I put lavender shea butter on it but it's still so itchy. Any other suggestions?

#2 of 7 Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM

palmers cocoa butter maybe?

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#3 of 7 Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I put aloe vera on it and it seemed to help a bit.

#4 of 7 Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 PM

I just put straight coconut oil on mine, it becomes so unbearable just above my pubic area

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#5 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 AM

Welcome!

I have some lotion I got thats meant for that. My belly hasn't been that itchy this pregnancy though luckily enough. My first pregnancy it drove me nuts, I took lotion to work with me and would go into the bathroom and lather it on just so it wouldn't drive me batty when I was trying to concentrate.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 AM

This has just hit me too - I'm finally starting to get some stretch marks, and the place where they're happening (the lower part of my belly, I can't even see them but DH tells me they're there!) itches to the point that I want to put hydrocortisone on it.  I've got a fair amount of nerve damage there, so scratching it hurts.  Dyah!  Does slathering lotion on help?  

Exfoliating in the shower feels really, really good, and I actually didn't notice any stretch marks or itching at all until I got lazy and didn't do it for a couple weeks. I make this scrub with olive oil, and even though it really requires being rinsed from my shower since otherwise it turns the walls brown, it works WONDERFULLY.  Hoping that getting back in the habit of using it daily will help with the itchiness, because it's driving me crazy!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#7 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 05:25 AM

Make sure you mention your itchies to your HCP, it could be PUPPP.  I had that last time.  It's not harmful, but it might make your crazy!  (I'm so paranoid about it this time.)

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page