new here, and Q about feeling "off" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Feb ladies,

We are expecting a little one (his due date is the 5th of Feb), planning a water birth and homebirth.  Getting really really excited to meet him!! 

Anyhow, the last two days I have been feeling "off" - not quite dizzy or nauseas, but sort of like that.  Super tired and a bit hazy.  Lots of tiny random BH contractions.  Last week I had a bout of nesting.   I am wondering if anyone has experienced this feeling.  I am thinking that maybe I am getting close?  But I cannot remember if I felt this way with my others.

In the back of my mind I am thinking, "Should I be prepared for something soon?  Is this just normal end of prg stuff?"

Sorry if I sound really dopey, but am I the only one feeling this way?

Thanks for listening.   Maybe I'll go wash diapers....orngtongue.gif

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#2 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 07:05 PM

I'm due 2/9 or 2/11 and I've been feeling this way the last three days. I'm attributing it to the hugely full (orange!!) moon out. I'm cleared for a homebirth at this point so I'm trying to just relax, but surrender at the same time to whatever might be coming. And for all I know, that could mean...nothing's coming soon. hug2.gif Hang in there- we're almost done!

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#3 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 05:31 AM
mcs

that is how i was feeling last week, and i was wondering how i could make it for another month- this week has been much better. i don't remember feeling "things" so strongly till closer to the end with my other two either.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#4 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 08:24 AM

thats how i felt all last week...i'm still really tired, i dont remember how i felt before things got going either. i keep wanting to think that everything i feel is a sign things will start...and things arent starting so i get a little disappointed. last night i had 6 contractions in an hour, but as soon as i laid down they went away hopmad.gifhaha

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#5 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM

I am due on the 11th but I am feeling EXACTLY like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdingkittens View Post

Hello Feb ladies,

We are expecting a little one (his due date is the 5th of Feb), planning a water birth and homebirth.  Getting really really excited to meet him!! 

Anyhow, the last two days I have been feeling "off" - not quite dizzy or nauseas, but sort of like that.  Super tired and a bit hazy.  Lots of tiny random BH contractions.  Last week I had a bout of nesting.   I am wondering if anyone has experienced this feeling.  I am thinking that maybe I am getting close?  But I cannot remember if I felt this way with my others.

In the back of my mind I am thinking, "Should I be prepared for something soon?  Is this just normal end of prg stuff?"

Sorry if I sound really dopey, but am I the only one feeling this way?

Thanks for listening.   Maybe I'll go wash diapers....orngtongue.gif

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#6 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

ok, then i am not crazy.  today i am feeling better - a bit more pep in my step.  yeah, last night I had a bunch of BHs and woke up normal again....it is so hard not to get too excited at this point!!!  auuuggh!!!  bouncy.gif

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#7 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 PM

Im totally exhausted.. Im chopping it up to being pregnant and up 10 times a night. Nights like last night when one of my others have a bad night so Im up a bunch with them it gets worse.. I haven't had the energy to do much but sit here and think "I need to be doing something".

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page