Trying not to get too excited. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

So yesterday afternoon baby had failed her kick counts. I had some cookies and juice and kept trying to push on her to get some sort of wiggle out of her, but nothing. So about 6 last night we went off to the L&D to get checked out. At first she was still very quiet so they gave me some orange juice and after about 25 minutes of sitting on the monitor she was moving around and seemed to be back to normal. Both us and the nurses and doctor were very reassured that she was fine. Then the nurse turns to me and asks, "Have you been feeling those contractions you've been having since you got here?" Uh...what contractions? Apparently I had had 2-3 regular small contractions in the 30 minutes I was on the monitor. Anyway, baby is fine and doing her little baby thing today and staying good and active and I've been feeling contractions off and on all day but nothing regular as far as I can tell. I tried to check myself today and I could fit 2 fingers inside the opening and if I could've stuck another finger in my hoohaa I probably could've fit 3 fingers in the opening. I'm pretty jazzed that I might be close to labor even though I know it could still be a week or more of this. The only downside is that DH is about 4 hours away for work and won't be back until tomorrow evening. So I'm just sitting here sipping my RRLT, watching tv, and debating whether or not to skip the EPO tonight. haha. love.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Woohoo!! 

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Glad she's doing ok! Nothing like our kids to get us freaked out and worried, hey? Here's hoping labor will come soon, but after your DH gets home. thumb.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM

so glad everything's okay!!! 

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM

So glad she's kickin' around :D Good luck with everything!

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM

So glad she's doing good. How awesome your body is prepping without you knowing! Lets hope most of your labor follows suit!

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

User Tag List