Labor sometimes soon signs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have bloody cm!!!

So I know it doesn't mean much more than soon, but I'm just 37 weeks so maybe this side of 40?

I've had a bunch of bloody Cm, so somethings going on down there. Funny thing though every night for the past 4-5 nights I've had contractions for 8 minutes apart all night, I finally get the cm show stuff and last night I got to SLEEP. no contractions...

On the not so happy side I am so so sick when it comes to looking at any kind of food, so trying to feed DS has been fun. And I've been pooing like crazy (TMI sorry) Which has been annoying with DS who tries the help me wipe when he wants to get out of the bathroom (we don't have a gate for the top of the stairs) 

My body is gearing up for something!!! I'm excited even though Dh response wasn't so great. He ask what it all meant and I said, "We'll generally I'm going to have a baby anytime between now and the next few weeks" He said..."Didn't we already know that?" orngtongue.gif

Anyone else still preggo with body gearing up signs?

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#2 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM

I think mine is as well. I have been having a ton of contractions at night and my baby has really settled in low. I woke this morning to a big chunk of snot and for the past 2 days have had increased loose BM's. So here is hoping.

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#3 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 AM

well, i don't think mine is imminent...but, i have noticed changes going on....i've started having cramps in the lower uterus and my breast tissue has at several times seemed more sensitive again...

like i said, not as soon as you ladies, but definitely changing and preparing! thumb.gif

so excited for those of you getting really close! how exciting!!! i'm so ready for a rush of births in our month!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#4 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM

lol.gif I can't help but chuckle about the fact that this is the only time in a woman's life where sitting around chatting about snot-like mucus, poop and blood are met with excitement and happiness orngtongue.gif  It's so awesome...

#5 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post

lol.gif I can't help but chuckle about the fact that this is the only time in a woman's life where sitting around chatting about snot-like mucus, poop and blood are met with excitement and happiness orngtongue.gif  It's so awesome...

LOL

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#6 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Totally rainbow!  LOL!

I did a check for the first time last night and found a posterier but soft and at least slightly dialated cervix.  Yikes!  I wish I wouldn't have, in a way, as it's hard now to contain myself, to not think it could be any day.  I am only 36 weeks so I believe I have at least two weeks.  I believe, but who knows?  My babes have been late (two weeks) and right on time (one day after due date).  In a way I hope to, somehow, have him on the 19th of Feb. as my parents will be here and it's my dad's birthday.  That would be cool.  Then again, two weeks before that would be nice too, just to meet this little guy AND continue on the pattern of two weeks earlier each time.  orngbiggrin.gif

Babe has been staying head down (finallly!) and I have had more pressure and pinchy pain down below so I take this as a good sign.  We shall see.

I too am WAY excited each time one (or two) of our babies here are born.  I also love going to Jan. and reading about their births.  Especially the fast ones.  I am sending all my energy to fast as last time was two nights and day of no sleep.  Zero fun.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#7 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM

How fun!  I love how TTC and pregnancy is all about the discharge. 

I was woken up this morning with really strong menstrual cramps...which is how my son's labor started.  Nothing else though, I'm sure I'm just going to be tortured for 3 or 4 more weeks with cramps and contractions.  No discharge, no nothing yet.  I don't think I'm dilated, I don't 'feel' dilated. 

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#8 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM

I don't either Michelle.  It was quite a surpise to me!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#9 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I also woke up this morning with a glob of snot mucus (no blood though) in my underwear after a night of pretty good strength contractions, and a bout of loose stool, that have been still going on today. I think baby has also dropped about 2 inches, too. About halfway through the day today I realized it might be a good idea to go to the grocery store today instead of waiting til Monday like I was planning since I may or may not make it that far. For me though I think I might be in a little bit of denial about the possibility of labor being soon but then a contraction comes and I have to focus through it a bit.

Can't wait for DH to get back from being out of town so we can DTD and see what happens! kiss.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#10 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM

I also lost my plug today which was unexpecting because my OB told me that I lost it three weeks ago. I didn't remember losing it then so I figured she was wrong. I have been having contractions for so long know that I am really just ready for real labor. I am more anxious every day to hold my sweet baby girl. My DD was a bit concerned when I showed her the plug and once I explained that it meant were one step closer to baby she got really excited.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#11 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM

I have been been having loose bm's for 3 days now! Yikes! I probably just have a stomach bug. I have "flu-like symptoms" but apparently it is an early labor sign also! I have been losing bits of my plug forever now....i think back at like 28 weeks i started seeing some here and there.  I have also been having lots of period like cramping and braxton hicks.  My boobs have been leaking colostrum a bunch too--especially in the shower. Oh and i have been having a very achey low back for a few days as well.  I feel like I have morning sickness all over again too for some reason. When i'm hungry i'm super nauseous but when I eat my stomach hurts and I throw up :(

Come on baby!! I'm 37 weeks and 2 days and getting anxious to meet this little one :)

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#12 of 32 Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM

Hm, I forgot loose, frequent bms can be a labor sign. I think that's really all I've got going on now that I haven't had for a couple weeks, though. Plenty of BH, though those did get a little tingly this evening. Course that was after I thought a cop was pulling me over (it was just DS's toy flashing blue lights in the dark car) so maybe the adreneline caused a few slightly stronger BH or very mild contractions? I lost a bit of plug a few wks ago, but that's never implied anything in either prior pregnancy. All in all I have to say I don't feel like my body is doing too much gearing up.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#13 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
mcs

i have never had more than bx's as an indicator. no gross fluid talk for me to get giddy over!...

but, i was talking to my dh this morning about how foggy and generally "out of reality" i so often feel, and we were thinking that maybe it is another nice thing that your body does for you at the end- having a new baby around is such a pause from reality- maybe without a sort of adjustment period, the shock of living with the baby would be too huge. so, if suspension from reality counts as an indicator- i am a space cadet ready for lift off- plug intact, no show, no dialation- just weightlesness and seeing stars. lol

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#14 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 AM

I keep waiting for something to change - something to signal that labor may be on it's way soon. I never had that with my other babies...labor just sneaks up on me and takes me by surprise. I shouldn't expect anything different this time....it's fun to keep up with everything that's happening on board though! Some of you are getting so close!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#15 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 05:06 AM

I have already started to dilate, but I think after 5 babies I am probably always a little dilated lol. My bh have gotten more intense but still not painful. I have been having a lot of pinchy feelings in my cervix for the past few days & loose bms. I can also tell the baby is fairly low. My breasts are super tender again. All of which means I am going to have a baby sometime between now & 2/27 (although highly unlikely I'll go past my due date 2/13 as I have never made it to a due date yet.) I am so not stressed about it. There are some things that need to get done before I am ready so I guess it makes me less anxious.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#16 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Very exciting for those that are starting to see signs! I have been stalking our DDC and Jan to see all the progress & announcements. 

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#17 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 AM

Ugh! I had been having such GOOD signs lately and then after a trip to the grocery store yesterday they ALL stopped. No more low backache, contrax, low feeling pressure, loose BM, etc. Oh well, my induction is only 11 days away so it's not like I can't wait that long. Baby seems pretty happy to stay in my tummy and not out in the -20* weather we have been having, which I think is a pretty good choice. thumb.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#18 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 AM

I feel like I'm playing a game of Red Light Green Light.  The stop and start is ANNOYING, but I don't deal well when I'm not the one driving the ship.   I'm 38 weeks 4 days and I thought Monday was the day.  Loose BM all morning, contractions (some getting quite strong), and feeling sick to my stomach.  I have precipitous labor, so I'm on guard when I start feeling symptoms - but Monday didn't amount to anything.   Haven't felt much of anything the rest of the week!   It is such a bizarre feeling to wake up every day and wonderful - will today be a birth day.   I could have a baby in my arms in just a couple hours!   SO AMAZING!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#19 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM

I'm 37+2 and I've been having sometime-soon signs all week. Looser bm's, tons of bh contractions, a generalized fed up and DONE feeling, a need for private space. I've been getting a lot of those pinchy cervix feelings and the bh contractions are starting to come stronger at night and are increasingly uncomfortable, which makes me wonder if I'll be having another prodromal labor like I did with my daughter. I've also been feeling sort of menstrual crampy down low on my abdomen.

I told the baby he had to stay in at least until we got the baby shower over with. The birth tub's due to be dropped off and set up in a few hours and the shower was yesterday (and BOY is my freezer stocked with pp meals now!), so really. Any time would be nice, thankyourverymuch.

DD came at 39 weeks to the day- I can't fathom going all the way to 42!

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#20 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 12:43 PM

I thought I was in labor in Friday night. MW checked me at my appt. that afternoon (yeah, I know, so unnatural but I was way too curious, lol) and I was 2 cm. That night I started having good, regular contrax, so I called her to come over. I was 4 cm! Thought I was on my way to baby for sure. Then, they fizzled out that morning and I just had irregular contrax the entire day. Last night came and NOTHING. Not even a bh!  So, here I am, not really feeling much. No blood, no mucus, no contrax. With my other babies, once I get to 6 cm, I dilate to 10 cm in just an hour or two, so I'm kind of nervous about things going really quickly and my mw missing. 

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#21 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 PM

As someone who has gone to 42+1 with both of my babies I am not getting my hopes up! Just excited that my body is getting ready and before I know it I will be holding my baby. We will all be holding our babies!!!!

How wonderful

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#22 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 01:32 PM

I wouldn't go anywhere too far, Homemade! I think I figured out that my baby doesn't want me to lay down. When I sit or stand she is low and anterior but as soon as I lay down she floats up, goes posterior, kicks me in the belly button, and then I get some back labor style ctx.

#23 of 32 Old 01-23-2011, 02:25 PM

My first labor was by the book, started in with contractions, got bloody show, started having super loose bowel movements and the whole time i was so excited!!!!  fast foward to 5th pregnancy and i have had BH practically the whole pregnancy, mucus all the time,  i've tended to be very effaced and dialated without labor starting and having midwives freakout on me so i wont even have an internal check because i am probably wide open but still wont have the baby for a month.  oh and i have loose BMs but i also have been taking prune juice so i am not blocked up so i cant count on that.  my body definately feels ready but i have so much still to do that i will be happy to wait until feb.  It does make me so excited that some are having very soon signs!!!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#24 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 02:24 PM

After a night of regular (but weak) contractions that ended up stopping after a couple hours I'm having a little  bloody show.  This is new to me...I've never had bloody show until I was well into labor...this is exciting!!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#25 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Exciting! Good luck!

#26 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

So cool and exciting reading about everyone!  I swear each new thing my body does, I'm like OMG is this it??  hehe    I thought it was because this is my first and I don't know what my body will do.  But it's weird getting stretchy or sharp pains here and there, or sudden crampy feelings, a bit of loose stools.  That's all I've got going on now.  Will be 37 weeks in 3 more days.  And very excited about meeting my baby!  I'm so excited for all of us.  Can't wait to read the birth stories!!!

Happily married to my best friend, and nature loving mama treehugger.gif of one sweet boy (Feb 2011). femalesling.GIF

#27 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Ive been having looser bms for the last few days and thought it might be a sign but then both girls and my husband started getting them too so Im thinking the stomach bug is making its way around again. Im about to get some heavy duty cleaner and scrub the house again to try to rid us of the germs but I don't think it will help. Theres something about living in the "towers" (that is what they call the apartment buildings like what we live in since they are 9 stories and ugly as sin) that spreads illnesses around. Im thinking its because it is a closed ventilation system so we share everything..

I keep hoping to get signs that labor is soon though. Im between 38-39 weeks so Im about ready to get this show on the road, if anything my husband is driving me nuts with the constant "Do you think the time is soon" questions.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#28 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM

Okimom, my dh is driving me crazy, too!  He keeps asking me if I think we should change this or that plan or cancel appointments or whatever. It's too much pressure! I don't want to be the one to completely rearrange our day to day plans to sit around staring at each other when the contractions fizzle.  It's annoying! We're supposed to have painters come tomorrow and he's asking me if we should cancel. At this point, I'm happy to have the painters finish the %*$& house and I'll just close the bedroom door to give birth!

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#29 of 32 Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Luckily hes not canceling plans although his boss (his boss's wife is watching the girls for us when I'm in labor) is putting in days that he doesn't want me to go into labor. I guess there is a big fight on the 6th and he wants to have friends over to drink, his wife told him if the girls are there no drinking (we don't drink for religious reasons so his wife doesn't want the alcohol around the girls and for me to worry) so he told DH to tell me PLEASE NOT THE 6th!!.. haha Superbowl is the 7th (we are a day ahead over here so 7th here is Sunday there) so DH keeps telling me if I go into labor then can I have the baby before the game starts so he can still watch it.. Sure, Ill pencil that one right in..

My doctor was funny though yesterday and told me she was on call on Sunday so if I just wanted to have the baby Sunday night she would be there to deliver it. I told her that was to close to my biggest daughter's birthday. My next appointment is the 4th and Ill be either 40+3 or 39+5 depending on the date you go by so they want to set up an induction date at that time. I told DH when we get that date hes totally welcome to put it in his calendar and cancel everything the next few weeks after.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#30 of 32 Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Ahhhh.... I'm so relieved to hear what I'm goon through is normal! I too have had almost two weeks of on and off bh, loose bm, flu-like symptoms, cramps, back pain, fatigue, etc! It's been so new to me as with my first born I had one night of "signs" and then real labor the next night. This stuff has me on an emotional roller coaster! But the good thing is that after the first day of loose bm and cramps and bh, I made sure we had he hospital bag packed and ready to go. Now I'm stocking the freezer and waiting.

It's an exciting time. I think the earlier poster is right.. Maybe this is a great way to prepare for going from everyday life to new baby life--- less of a shock:)

Blessings to all on your "Pre" and "real"'labors!!!

Stephanie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page