Two more weeks... sounds like an ETERNITY! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The rational me recognizes that 2 weeks is not a long time to regular, non-pregnant people! The pregnant me thinks 2 weeks sounds AGES away!!! I'm nearly 38 weeks and likely have 2-3 weeks left (#1 was born at 41 weeks, #2 at 40 weeks). 

I'm so anxious to meet this little person and kiss pregnancy goodbye! Who's with me?

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#2 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I get induced in 11 days and sometimes I feel like that's a perfect amount of time left and sometimes I STILL feel impatient...and I am not quite 37 weeks yet! The beginning of this coming week I know I am going to be so bored and feeling impatient again because I have n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do, then midweek I have an appt, then BAM my birthday, and then BAM - 3 days later induction!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#3 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Honestly, I am still really enjoying this special time with little one - but I am also soooo sick of being on pre-e watch, doing my blood pressure twice a day, driving an hour and a half both ways to my OB's office weekly, and all the other crap that that comes with high-risk pregnancy.  I'm also really scared of the cesarean that I am likely having at the end of this, and so I am ready to get that over and done with and have my baby safely here in my arms!  

Getting stretch marks on my belly that itch like the worst poison ivy I've ever had has also helped push me into the "ready to be done" camp.  Being awake for hours trying not to itch is becoming nothing short of torturous!!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#4 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 03:12 PM

This whole past month seems to have sloooooowed doooooown. So much of the pregnancy flew by and now, it seems to be taking forever to get to Feb. I'm just over 38 wks but I went to 42+1 last time. So not only am I looking at a good two weeks, but I could be looking at much more!

I'm torn between kissing pregnancy goodbye, though. This is my last, and I've enjoyed it. I want to continue to enjoy it. That said, I'm cranky, uncomfortable and very tired of paying close attention to every BH to see if it turns into something more.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#5 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Here, here!  I'm only working at home now, so it seems like time has come to a near standstill.  I feel lost without my old routine and it's hard to focus on anything but the upcoming big day.  There are lots of projects I could do at home, but I want my project to be the baby!  At 38+1 and my first child, it could be around another three weeks.

I may soon resort to mall walking or reading trashy novels at coffee shops.  Any other ideas for getting out of the house without becoming too exhausted?

#6 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 06:03 PM

I wish I only had two more weeks to go... I'm not due til the very end of February. Still working full time and the baby is up in my ribs. I've been really wanting to be done being pregnant but totally not ready to have another baby KWIM?

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#7 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM

i'm another due late february...so i could go for another longggg while. to be honest, i'm feeling very done starting just this last week, but i was looking down at my belly today thinking, i am going to miss this a bit too! :) it was a bit of a sad moment...but happy too. YKWIM? i'm sure you mamas close to your due date are really feeling over it! and i agree, it's like time has slowed way down...

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#8 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 PM

Ha, yeah, I'm barely into my 35th week...feels surreal that I still have another month+ to go.  I'm feeling more and more excited about going into labor and seeing this amazing little being...pregnancy is really starting to lose its charm and yet I love the feeling of being pregnant, feeling the baby squirm around, it's truly miraculous. 

#9 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM

oh it is so nice to hear others that feel the same way i do. I am do around Feb 18th. 37 weeks this week and am so ready. I have been having bh all day but need to keep this little bun in the oven until next Sunday. I have a baby shower on Thursday and hubby has big plans on Saturday. Next Sunday bring it on. I really don't know when this ds will decide to come. Ds1  was 5 days over, doctor broke my water with dd and with ds2 I went 10 days early after having membranes stripped twice. so who knows, but for my families sanity as well as mine I hope it is sooner than later. I sure hope that these braxton hicks are doing some work not just super uncomfortable and useless.

#10 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 AM

Im between 38-39 weeks depending on the date you go by.. Im so done and so not done. Im tired of being tired and the heartburn and the backaches.. But Im not ready yet for him to come so he can just stay there. DD1's 4th birthday is this weekend so after that he can come whenever he is ready!

It seems really short to me and far away at the same time. I keep catching myself thinking "I have plenty of time" when I really don't!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#11 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 AM
mcs

"yes" to what okimom said. i am really tired of the body woes (and dreaming of what i will eat without the heartburn reprecussions,) but not ready for a baby yet! and she is coming.....eventually (but for me, please not this week.) 

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#12 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I thought I was ready I am 36 weeks this week with twins but now that it is getting closer I am freaking out!!!!! lol I am hurting and miserable and huge but at the same time, going to enjoy this alone time while I can.!So it seems to be flying by for me! 

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#13 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 05:42 AM

Totally on the fence like most of you!  I would be *nice* if he waited until after the 8th, when I plan to be done with my work for the month.  Not due until the 19th or so.  I imagine I will go at least to the 8th as with DS I was two weeks overdue (induction) and DD was born the day after her due date.  We shall see!  DH and I have been nesting.  Luckily he has taken over big jobs like organizing the laundry/mudroom/pantry and I have been able to focus on doing baseboards and what not.  I was not going to go into the midwife this week but I think I will.  IDK, why not?  redface.gif

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#14 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 AM

It was so much nicer this pregnancy to have Thanksgiving then Christmas then New Years to distract from time passing. Now its been SOOOO slow.

I want to be done, but then I look at DS and everyday day for the past week I keep thinking "This could be the last day of just the three of us." Every meal, every nap...I'm feeling a little guilty (a little late for this feeling I might add.)

So ready to be done, yes, ready to change our lives forever...maybe soon....

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#15 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

I'm ready! BUT... I'm still 2 days short of 36 weeks, and my last baby was induced at 10 days passed (or is it "past"?) my due date. I could have 6 weeks to go (I refuse to entertain the thought of going to 43 weeks...).

I'm sick of people asking me when I am due and getting the response "Wow! Really?" I carry big.... Maybe I will just start saying "any time now" just to avoid the annoying surprised look. 

I'm ready for the baby. I'm ready for my VBAC. I'm ready to give birth and get over the first 6 weeks postpartum so I can go outside and do some heavy yard work. 

I know. I need to practice patience. They say that getting impatient can make the baby stay in longer.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#16 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Part of me can't wait and part of me wants baby to stick around inside! I'm 37 1/2 weeks but fully expecting to go another 4+ weeks. 

But you are SO right about the wait. 2 weeks is NOTHING usually but now it's like AHHHHH soooo far away!!! When it's a baby it's the longest 2WW (beginning OR end of pregnancy!) but when it's a bill that's coming in 2 weeks it's the shortest 2 weeks of dread. lol.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#17 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 AM

If I could spend the remainder of this pregnancy at the point I was at 20wks (no awkward rolling in the bed, no peeing every 30 minutes, etc.) then I would be MUCH more patient.  I'm 38 weeks today and Jeni has dropped which is infinitely better than having her up in my sternum and trying to eat or breathe with her bottom up there!

I feel oddly more at peace with her coming once I lanolized her wool diaper covers last night.  I don't know why that was such a fixation for me,  Maybe it's because that was my last BIG baby chore other than just keeping the house in homebirth readiness (harder than I thought!  I'm picky!)

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#18 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Sometimes I want the baby come around 38 1/2 weeks other times I want him/her to come on time(I am about 36 weeks). This is also my last pregnancy like some others. And I still need time completely feel prepared (frozen foods, activities scheduled for the kids, some sewing needs to finish). I have no clue on when this baby might come, my first came at 41 1/2 weeks, my 2nd at 38 1/2 weeks. I am thinking that the baby may come eighter on time or before my due date though.

#19 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 AM

I am SO ready!! I'm 38w 4 days and just trying to keep occupied. My house is clean, everything is ready for the birth... baby is giving me lots of cramps and BH contrax but nothing major.

I'm trying to realize it probably WILL be another two weeks and NOT expect her to come early...but for some reason I've felt like she'll be a little early this whole time. My DS was born at 39 w, 6 d so right before his due date. (basically on it..)

Come on babies!

Doula, Childbirth Educator, Happily married to DH heartbeat.gifand SAHMfemalesling.GIF 

DS bikenew.gif(12/08) and DD diaper.gif(02/11)

winner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

#20 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM

I am totally ready.  I am 37 weeks today due on Feb 14th.  I have been so swollen I am miserable.  My hands hurt all day and my ankles and feet are swollen before I even get out of bed.  That said, we are not ready here at home.  I still have to put in the carseat which includes moving the two seats, sort of cold and I am pretty big for that right now.  I still need to look at baby clothes too.  I don't think we have enough.  I am done being tired and pregnant. 

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#21 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM

I was feeling ready to be done until about lastnite I suddenly started having major anxiety about the baby coming home. Mostly just about not feeling 100% confident that I know what the hell I am doing or maybe just that now I am totally realizing that her life literally depends on me. It's been an overwhelming 12 hours and everything has been setting me into a ball of tears. My poor husband...I made him breakfast and he made some totally normal comment that he normally would and I just started crying, and then he asked why I was wearing his socks today, even though I am pretty sure they are mine, and I started crying all over again. HE is so ready for me to be done, poor guy. At least he's really understanding.

Lastnite I also decided that I should probably change which bag I use for a hospital bag since the one I have packed now is more like a beach bag and doesn't close on top, but I am feeling like I can't even bring myself to do that. I feel like as soon as I pack that other bag I will go immediately into labor. I don't know if its my good intuition or an irrational fear.

I even lost more plug this morning and I wasn't even excited. Hopefully I will feel like less of a basket case tomorrow or at least by my appt on Wed.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#22 of 22 Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComplexOphelia View Post

Honestly, I am still really enjoying this special time with little one - but I am also soooo sick of being on pre-e watch, doing my blood pressure twice a day, driving an hour and a half both ways to my OB's office weekly, and all the other crap that that comes with high-risk pregnancy.  I'm also really scared of the cesarean that I am likely having at the end of this, and so I am ready to get that over and done with and have my baby safely here in my arms!  

Getting stretch marks on my belly that itch like the worst poison ivy I've ever had has also helped push me into the "ready to be done" camp.  Being awake for hours trying not to itch is becoming nothing short of torturous!!

Yeah, I'm also on both sides. I'm really enjoying the special time with the baby, and I'm so glad I'm almost at 37 weeks (two more days), so he's strictly forbidden to come before then. But I'm also sick and tired of the high-risk pregnancy stuff, going to the hospital every week, and generally having this worry all the time. Which makes me understand the whole "I'm done!" feeling that others have. 

I won't breathe properly until he's safe in my arms, and I'm so ready to get there.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page