Not Emotionally Ready! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my last baby and I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to my pregnant belly.  I'm due next week and torn between wanting to hold my baby and wanting to hold on to my belly!  I'm excited to meet baby, although I know how fast each of these next stages will go....SLOW DOWN THE CLOCK!  (unless we are referring to labor----time can then continue at normal speed)

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#2 of 12 Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Yes.  Totally.  This is our last one, unless some miracle occurs.  So it's very bittersweet. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#3 of 12 Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Maybe you should do a belly cast! That would be fun.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#4 of 12 Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Make sure you take a lot of pictures and the belly cast idea would be fun too..

Im totally not emotionally ready but not because I don't want to not be pregnant Im just not feeling ready in general right now.. I honestly wish I could turn the clock back to August and redo from then on so maybe by now Ill feel ready.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra_lea View Post

This is my last baby and I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to my pregnant belly.  I'm due next week and torn between wanting to hold my baby and wanting to hold on to my belly!  I'm excited to meet baby, although I know how fast each of these next stages will go....SLOW DOWN THE CLOCK!  (unless we are referring to labor----time can then continue at normal speed)

I feel totally the same way. I'm 37 wks now & the time is going by tooo fast! I'm not ready to be done, but I'm getting SO excited to have this baby!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#6 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 AM

My last one too. I need more time to prepare actually.

#7 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 AM

A friend is going to do pictures.  I've always taken them myself but this is this last rodeo so might as well do it up. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#8 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Maybe this shouldn't be your last one? If you feel so strongly it could be that something is trying to tell you that another little spirit is out there that wants to get here through you. Do you have to make that decision now? Is there room for a "maybe"? 

:) You don't have to answer those questions as I know that they are very private things. Just giving some food for thought :)

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#9 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes, definately very bittersweet. So ready to meet my baby, so not ready for this to be my last.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#10 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Yes me too.  I'm going to be 40 this year.  I got married at 34 and we have 2 boys with #3 on the way.  I feel LUCKY to have the kids we have, considering my age and I think we'd be pushing our luck to try for another after 40...money is tight, our house is small, etc.  My body this time feels tired, I think I'm ready to done.  I know I'm ready to be a good mommy again to my 2 boys, I've been such a cranky loaf who can't bend down to pick up toys and play with them on the floor....I'm sure they want me back to normal.

I need another 2 weeks - I'm 38 today - to get the car seat in and tie up some loose end (plus find time for a hair cut and a pedicure) and then I'm READY and WAITING!  :)

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#11 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Bittersweet for sure. Especially since dh says we can have more. I will be 35 in April & I have 5 healthy fantastic children, hopefully soon to be 6. My body has been telling me enough is enough - along with everyone I know. It just feels selfish to have anymore, no matter how much I love being pregnant & my children.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#12 of 12 Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

This is our 3rd and definitely our last as well....long conversations in deciding to have 3.  I'm almost 37, finances are tight,  and have definitely "felt" this pregnancy more than the others.  I've also been less patient with the boys, and I know they are ready for more active mom.   And, I feel done.... just trying to savor every stage.   

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page