PIH anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went for my 37w2d check up yesterday and my BP is in the 150 and there is some protien in my urine.  Not to mention the fact that I have been swelling more and more.  My MW said "Wow, you look horrible" when she walked in the room.  :(  I am 3-4cm and 80% effaced.  I don't think I'll be making it until Valentines day with this babe.

This has happened with all my boy pregnancies.  I am just so ready to be done.

The MW said no birth center for me and she can't even talk about an induction until I am 39 weeks.  She mentioned a membrane sweep if the OB is in agreement.  This babe is probably pretty big, DS2 was 9lb 4oz at 39w 2d.  If you saw my huge belly you'd say I was past my due date. 

All I want to do is sit around or sleep all day.  We are in survival mode around here.  Even after I take an hour nap I am still exhausted.

I have been taking an antinatal and drinking pregnancy tea.  Nothing ever seems to help with the swelling.  My fingers have been numb for months. 

Blech.  I just feel miserable.  Anyone have any ideas or tips for me?  Or just some misery to share?

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#2 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM

I have a hug for you...

here it comes...

(((hug)))

So sorry mama, hope you are holding your LO soon!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#3 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Well the horrible comment doesn't seem very nice!  Here's to hoping baby is well and on his way to see you SOON!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#4 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Are you on any herbs or supplements? Red raspberry leaf? I think that is what caused my swelling and fluctuating blood pressure...as for the protein, have you done a 24 hour catch? What were those results? My blood pressure isn't that high and I don't have protein and I'm on bed rest. You should probably be on rest too. I know that is next to impossible with a family and responsibilities but it really sounds like your body is saying, "Hey!!! I need a break here!" I'm so sorry! Flirting with pre-e just isn't fun!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#5 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

I am drinking a herbal pregnancy tea from Love and Tea.  I take an Antinatal and an Anemia anihilator(sp?) from Birth Junkie(between those two it is herbals 3 times a day).  I can't imagine how swollen I could be.  No 24 hour catch on the urine. 

I probably should be on bedrest, I know I was by this point with my oldest.  I don't do much of anything most days anyways.  I have really been counting on DS1 to help with laundry and cooking, he tends to his sibs while I take a nap once a day.  I told him our days of outings with me driving are pretty much done. 

I am 40 and we have all be taking turns with colds, having a cough has been making me extra miserable.

I gained 5 pounds in a week, and I have barely been eating.  I know it will all magically disappear once the baby is born.  The babes head isn't in the right postition either, down but way over to the right.

I feel terrible being so miserable and wishing this was just all over.  This will most likely be our last pregnancy and I really wanted to just enjoy things.  I just want this baby out so we can get back to some sort of normal.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#6 of 8 Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM

Oh, Mama, huuuuge hugs.  I don't have PIH this time, but I'm chronic hypertensive, so my BP has been an issue this whole time, and it's just such a huge pain.

I can't read without saying that I would, at this point, call and ask for a 24-hour urine catch to be done, as well as a full blood work panel to check for pre-eclampsia.  With symptoms like this (not just BP, but being swollen, gaining weight quickly, and you generally not feeling well), it's probably a good idea to see exactly how much proteinuria you're dealing with.  I ended up with very severe pre-e because no one treated it last time when we were getting the early signs of it developing.

You're in my thoughts hug2.gif

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#7 of 8 Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 AM

hug2.gifhug2.gifhug2.gif

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#8 of 8 Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexOphelia View Post

Oh, Mama, huuuuge hugs.  I don't have PIH this time, but I'm chronic hypertensive, so my BP has been an issue this whole time, and it's just such a huge pain.

I can't read without saying that I would, at this point, call and ask for a 24-hour urine catch to be done, as well as a full blood work panel to check for pre-eclampsia.  With symptoms like this (not just BP, but being swollen, gaining weight quickly, and you generally not feeling well), it's probably a good idea to see exactly how much proteinuria you're dealing with.  I ended up with very severe pre-e because no one treated it last time when we were getting the early signs of it developing.

You're in my thoughts hug2.gif

YES! Please! I know it is a pain and scary to think about pre-e but it is so hard on your body AND your baby! Get yourself checked out! smile.gif Please update when you can...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page