February Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I lost what surely must be the rest of my plug last night after having bloody show earlier in the week.  However, today is my due date and unless my water breaks at work, I highly doubt we're having a bundle in arms anytime soon.

I am excited for all the mamas having their babies this week!  You all are doing such a great job with handling your births even though we have a lot of short labors and some pretty long ones (I'm lookin' at you, 3xmama!  :)  I just want to say what a great group we have here in February!!!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#62 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 06:36 AM

Sending labor vibes your way Holly!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#63 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks gals, just packed up ds to get ready to go to "uma and bampa's" for a bit...then when DH gets back we are gonna do some serious walking and i'm gonna listen to my hypnobirthing tracks (instead of saying "ouch ouch" at each contraction...lol).

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#64 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Good luck Holly!

I'm due tomorrow and don't see anything happening soon.  I actually had even energy to put socks on today (that's HUGE for me, I haven't bent down in weeks).

I walked for hours yesterday and just was sore, nothing of interest came of it.

Hopefully within the next week....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#65 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

My navigational skills suck! I just happened to stumble across the "forum" section of mothering - only took me 2 months! I was "due" yesterday... and reading all of your posts about BH's and the tease contractions leaves me feeling so much more relaxed. Finally! A place where someone else will understand my frustration and my impatience :) This is my third baby - and I was sure that it was against the rules to go "over due" with your third baby. I was wrong. Congrats to all the "new" mommas!

#66 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM

Welcome, katiewatson!  We're happy to see you no matter when you stumble in!  I haven't been here since the beginning either.

Holly - Can't wait to see your birth announcement!

FinnegansMom - I know totally how you feel.  I hate wearing socks (for non-pregnancy reasons, I normally reside in flip flops) but with all the rain lately, I've had to do this weird contortion on the stool in our bedroom to sort of fling them onto my feet.  LOL.  If someone saw me, they'd probably laugh and/or be worried about me!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#67 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM

I was up walking from 1:30 until 5:30am...first outside on the curb and sidewalk alternately (I think I got her back down head into my pelvic region, body straight) and then for two more hours at the Walmarts. On the upside of being at the Walmarts at 3am...I got cord to string my birth bead necklace finally! So now I have a project to do although I don't think I can do that and walk simulataneously. DH and I were wracking our brains for how I could sleep standing up. When I finally went to back to bed at 5:30am she stayed where she was and (never thought I'd write this!) I had to get up every hour and a half to pee! Yahoo! smile.gif That definitely means things have changed because prior to that I could sleep 4-5 hours at a whack! Hopefully she'll get things going soon! orngbiggrin.gif

Holly- Wishing you an easy, fast birthing time!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#68 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Yay holly!!! So excited for you!

I've been having contractions 7-12 minutes apart since 4 am but random bouts of stalled labor in between. They are strong and I have to breathe through them but nothing else seems to be happening. I'm trying to rest now but they seem to recede a bit when I lay down so I'm not sure if I should be walking around to help them progress or if I would just be wasting my energy. Hoping they become stronger and more regular soon!

Doula, Childbirth Educator, Happily married to DH heartbeat.gifand SAHMfemalesling.GIF 

DS bikenew.gif(12/08) and DD diaper.gif(02/11)

winner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

#69 of 103 Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM

I've been having contractions since I woke up this morning...they're sporadic and mostly short-lived irked.gif  They're pretty intense, though, which makes me wonder what's going on.  I just hope this won't be going on for days and days...

#70 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 AM

how's it going rainbow_mandala? holding a babe? i hope so, but if not, it sure sounds like you're getting closer! 

all these beautiful babes being born! how exciting to see. 

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#71 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM

So DD's had a cold the last several days, and now it looks like DH's caught it...

I really, really don't want to get sick!

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#72 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Sick before labour sucks! I was super sick a week before my last baby. 

I hired someone to come in and help me deep clean my kitchen. I think we will have it all done in four hours total. I tackled all the drawers while she has done the fridge, freezer, microwave and stove. I think she is going to scrub out the dishwasher next while I clean the floor on the pantry. It would have taken me two days to do this and it feels so good to have it getting done. It won't be hanging over me with a new baby. I think she will have time to wash the cabinets doors and walls too. I can scrub the floor and baseboards if I have to but it would be cool if she could do that too. 

I also have her coming in next week to dust and vacuum and hopefully scrub the bathrooms and all the floors. It is so nice to have help!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#73 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post

how's it going rainbow_mandala? holding a babe? i hope so, but if not, it sure sounds like you're getting closer! 

all these beautiful babes being born! how exciting to see. 

Meh, I wish irked.gif  I was thoroughly drained yesterday from all the intense contractions...woke up this morning and nothing.  Feels like a big joke...I have to keep reminding myself that every contraction does something.  How are you doing?

#74 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post

Meh, I wish irked.gif  I was thoroughly drained yesterday from all the intense contractions...woke up this morning and nothing.  Feels like a big joke...I have to keep reminding myself that every contraction does something.  How are you doing?

I hope that you were able to get some rest!

The heartburn isn't nearly as bad today as it has been lately, which is a nice change! I had contractions about every 7-10 minutes for most of my evening yesterday but once I went to bed they seem to have gone away.

Midwife appointment is tomorrow, I told DH that I'm still feeling that Friday is the day... Regardless of whether it is or not, most likely sometime in the next two weeks we will have a baby. My first was born just shy of 38 weeks and my mom delivered all three of hers between 34-39 weeks.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#75 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM

Jenne & Holly - any news today?

I'm still having some crampiness, nausea and low back ache every evening and last night I had a couple of bh that were crossing the line to being painful...but thankfully not experiencing the start and stop labour some of you ladies are. That must be so frustrating.

We explained to ds that baby will probably arrive some time in the next two weeks and now every morning he wakes up and says "Mom, I'm so disappointed the baby wasn't here this morning."

This is cute but also funny because I wake up every morning feeling like phew, I made it through another night. I've still been struggling with some anxiety about the birth so every night I go to bed feeling nervous and not ready. I know once it starts for real, I'll be fine (because I'll have no choice but to ride it out) and I'll get the adrenaline rush...but leading up to it, I'm having a hard time getting psyched. Plus, I'm waiting for Friday for my favourite midwife to go back on call. winky.gif

I've been really struggling with the kids the last few days. I just don't have the energy for keeping up with their normal kid behaviour/energy. I'm super tired and just don't seem to have any patience for normal kid messes and attitude. My 2 yo is generally being a monkey (getting into stuff, making messes faster than I can clean them, spitting and hitting her brother - but all with a good natured grin on her face) and my 5 yo is whiney and defiant whenever he's asked to do anything. Anyone else finding they just aren't in the mental space for dealing with the older kids right now?

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#76 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Haven't been around much - I'm so fed up with being pregnant but know that it's completely unreasonable to expect labour to start any earlier than this time next week, I'm avoiding this place, since it seems like everyone is having their babies!

(in other words, I'm having a snitty temper tantrum like a teen!)

I'm in a very dark mood today.  Blah.  My only sign of labour at all is that I've been losing chunks of mucous plug since yesterday.  But even then, it's just tiny pieces, nothing significant.  Grr.  Oh and my doctor said baby had dropped a bit this morning, but since it's been OP almost all day that's not encouraging. 

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#77 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post

I've been really struggling with the kids the last few days. I just don't have the energy for keeping up with their normal kid behaviour/energy. I'm super tired and just don't seem to have any patience for normal kid messes and attitude. My 2 yo is generally being a monkey (getting into stuff, making messes faster than I can clean them, spitting and hitting her brother - but all with a good natured grin on her face) and my 5 yo is whiney and defiant whenever he's asked to do anything. Anyone else finding they just aren't in the mental space for dealing with the older kids right now?

Me. I'm just too tired to deal. My kids have been really good lately, not much attitude or misbehaviour. I have 3 days left to walk ds to school & pick him up- was supposed to today as well but he was sick with diarrhea so he stayed home (YAY!!). When I walk him to school I have to get very bundled up, as well as bundle up both kids & walk at a 3 yr olds pace. It should take 10 mins but it takes about 20. Then after school they always want to stay and play & slide on the hill, it's sooooooo cold here & I just want to be in bed or at least in my nice warm house in a comfy chair! I think the next few days I may bribe them with tv and cookies to get them home faster LOL.  My dd has been great about playing by herself while I rest for a bit but that means that the toy areas get DESTROYED. Fortunately she's been great about helping me clean up which only happens once a day, after supper cuz I just can't muster the energy to do it multiple times a day. And by then I'm happy to be crawling around on all fours putting toys away.

I had a midwife appt yesterday and at 39 wks am only measuring 35. She was pretty confident he's head down & quite low, though not engaged, but thought we should do an u/s to make sure of his position & his growth- I've been measuring behind for a while. So I went for the u/s today & had a really nice tech who told me the baby looks fine, he's head down & is measuring to be about 7lbs 11oz right now! And he's definitely a boy :)

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#78 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM

Ugh. Spent last night at the hospital due to a high blood pressure reading. When we arrived I thought I would be having an immediate c-section for baby girl's non-reactive/reassuring heartrate. That would have been fine. But then she was fine. So the OB changed his mind and recommended an induction with BP meds. So, we consented and moved over to L&D. Spent the night going to the bathroom every 60 minutes, resettling, drifting to sleep, having alarms/nurse/IV discomfort, waking to use the bathroom. Wash, rinse, repeat. At 7am the new OB came in and said the "trial of labor" hadn't worked. I was on pitocin for 5 hours at 2. He expected I should have dilated to 1. I didn't. The baby was not engaged in the pelvis. The new OB gave several options- cytotec (it is the only inducer the hospital uses) doses and then increasing pitocin which would likely lead to a c-section when it didn't work because she isn't engaged, c-section, or I could go home and wait and see what happened. We had several questions about the options and the OB (BTW I really liked both of the ones we saw) answered them and then stepped out to give us a chance to discuss. We attempted to. As we had more questions the OB came back and answered them. After awhile the nurse came in to tell us that the OB we had seen the previous night was going to take me as a private patient and come in and talk to us. His recommendation was to send me home and do a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning. So that's what I guess will happen if I don't go into labor in the next 36 hours or so.

Gonna go post in I'm pregnant for info on primary planned c-section experiences....

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#79 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

Ugh. Spent last night at the hospital due to a high blood pressure reading. When we arrived I thought I would be having an immediate c-section for baby girl's non-reactive/reassuring heartrate. That would have been fine. But then she was fine. So the OB changed his mind and recommended an induction with BP meds. So, we consented and moved over to L&D. Spent the night going to the bathroom every 60 minutes, resettling, drifting to sleep, having alarms/nurse/IV discomfort, waking to use the bathroom. Wash, rinse, repeat. At 7am the new OB came in and said the "trial of labor" hadn't worked. I was on pitocin for 5 hours at 2. He expected I should have dilated to 1. I didn't. The baby was not engaged in the pelvis. The new OB gave several options- cytotec (it is the only inducer the hospital uses) doses and then increasing pitocin which would likely lead to a c-section when it didn't work because she isn't engaged, c-section, or I could go home and wait and see what happened. We had several questions about the options and the OB (BTW I really liked both of the ones we saw) answered them and then stepped out to give us a chance to discuss. We attempted to. As we had more questions the OB came back and answered them. After awhile the nurse came in to tell us that the OB we had seen the previous night was going to take me as a private patient and come in and talk to us. His recommendation was to send me home and do a scheduled c-section on Thursday morning. So that's what I guess will happen if I don't go into labor in the next 36 hours or so.

Gonna go post in I'm pregnant for info on primary planned c-section experiences....

Jenne

hug.gif   

#80 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM

hug2.gifJenne-

I am sure that this is all very hard for you. I can only imagine what I would be feeling in your shoes. Sending love and support to you and your DH.

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#81 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Many hugs and much love and support to you and your DH, Jenne. hug2.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#82 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM

hug2.gifJenne

hug2.giftwinklefae

grouphug.gif to all mamas having a rough time!!! i'm thinking of you all and sending out general good vibrations for all in our DDC

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#83 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Oh I am so sorry Jenne. hug2.gif

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#84 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Jenne, I am so sorry. I know this isn't the birth you were planning.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#85 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

Quote:

I hope that you were able to get some rest!

The heartburn isn't nearly as bad today as it has been lately, which is a nice change! I had contractions about every 7-10 minutes for most of my evening yesterday but once I went to bed they seem to have gone away.

Midwife appointment is tomorrow, I told DH that I'm still feeling that Friday is the day... Regardless of whether it is or not, most likely sometime in the next two weeks we will have a baby. My first was born just shy of 38 weeks and my mom delivered all three of hers between 34-39 weeks.

Thanks, lyterae winky.gif  This might sound weird, but I feel a special bond with you because we were both waiting to test at the same time back in June...I felt like I had a testing buddy orngbiggrin.gif  And, now, here we are about to give birth to our little ones...time sure does fly.  I'm going to send us both some birthing vibes goodvibes.gif

Also, twinklefae--I totally know how you feel.  I was in a pretty bad funk last night and this morning...it's worn off some, but my energy is still pretty low and I still keep wondering if I'm ever actually going to give birth lol.gif

Jenne--my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family hug2.gif

#86 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 05:37 PM

And the roller coaster of my life keeps on twisting...the OB I had been seeing says she thinks an induction will work. So I guess I'll be doing that now. eyesroll.gif I'll keep you posted...

Thanks again for all the warm wishes and good thoughts. It really, really, really means a lot!

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#87 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Good luck Jenne, hope it all goes well!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#88 of 103 Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 PM

Jenne - I can imagine you will be incredibly relieved when you finally have that sweet baby in your arms. Hang in there! You're one amazing mama! I'm incredibly impressed with your ability to roll with the punches. We're rooting for you! grouphug.gif

#89 of 103 Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks, lyterae winky.gif  This might sound weird, but I feel a special bond with you because we were both waiting to test at the same time back in June...I felt like I had a testing buddy orngbiggrin.gif  And, now, here we are about to give birth to our little ones...time sure does fly.  I'm going to send us both some birthing vibes goodvibes.gif

It's hard to believe it's almost time already! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

And the roller coaster of my life keeps on twisting...the OB I had been seeing says she thinks an induction will work. So I guess I'll be doing that now. eyesroll.gif I'll keep you posted...

Thanks again for all the warm wishes and good thoughts. It really, really, really means a lot!

Jenne

Jenne - My goodness this has been a roller coaster for you! Sending labor vibes your way, we're all cheering for you and can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post

Jenne - I can imagine you will be incredibly relieved when you finally have that sweet baby in your arms. Hang in there! You're one amazing mama! I'm incredibly impressed with your ability to roll with the punches. We're rooting for you! grouphug.gif

This!

-----

Visited the chiropractor this morning and we're off to the midwife tonight, 38 weeks today!

#90 of 103 Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Holy cow, Jenne! Is the induction at the same point the c-section would've been? I'll be thinking of you! And ITA with bluebirdmama!

lyterae-A chiro visit sounds awesome about now! Lucky you!! thumb.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page