February Chat - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jenne--hang in there! neither induction nor C-sec are much fun, but sometimes they are called for.

I had a sore throat coming on by the time I got off work this morning, and woke up this afternoon after 5 hours of sleep with a bigger sore throat, and congested.

So now I'm vegging on the couch, eating ramen, and contemplating taking some nyquil before going back to bed. I don't think the teensy bit of alcohol is likely to do much harm at this point...

And my patience is limited w/ DD, too. She's getting over her cold, fortunately. I pretty much canceled school for the week. I'll be satisfied if she gets the valentines done for her enrichment class on Friday, and I'm not asking much else of her just to avoid conflict.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 103 Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ravin-- hope you feel better soon! 

on a different note i woke up this morning feeling like dh and i needed to make some (mental) space for baby. it's weird because at the same time i feel like we're going to be just waiting for baby...i'm just 38 weeks, and i actually didn't want that...i wanted to keep busy... but it feels necessary. i told my dh i could feel his mental to do list, and we need to clear some mental space! :) our work is a bit crazy at the moment, and my dh just finished the last of business trips before the arrival...so, all that to say, i'm feeling the need to be more available for baby coming! :) 

anybody trying to get their taxes done before baby comes? i wanted to do that, so we have an appointment for next thursday...but being self-employed, it's actually a rather big project to take on next week...not necessarily making mental space, unless you consider that we wouldn't have to think about it after the babe comes! :) we'll see. i'm feeling the need for several weekends starting now, and not stopping! make sense? no work, no to-do list, slowing down to the baby's speed...

better stop rambling now! looking forward to life on the other side...but so enjoying this beautiful belly! amazing life miracles! :)

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#93 of 103 Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Not much going on here, we had our appointment last night. I am measuring right on for 38 weeks, my blood pressure is holding steady (I had problems last pregnancy), and baby is in a good position. The birth tub is now at home with us and we finished picking up supplies. We're ready to go!

We just found out that daycare is closed next Wednesday so I'm hoping we have a baby before then because I'm not "allowed" to have anymore time off.

I also just got a link to this article and I'm excited! It looks like we'll be able to use our FSA for the pump rental I will need, I was trying to figure out where I could scrap the extra money from so this is definitely a blessing!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#94 of 103 Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM

ravin-Feel better!

ashley-makes sense to me to need to get into a mental baby space. Its a huge transition! As for taxes, we got those done as soon as we got all the info necessary, about midway through Jan. We actually already got our return!! We wanted to be sure to have it done before baby arrived and we had a few things that needed to get done so we got it in early!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#95 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM

I had a midwifery appt yesterday and baby is apparently perfectly positioned so that's good news. I started having more intense bh as I was making dinner last night - normally they start around bedtime - and I was just feeling a bit out of it so I got it in my head that I had a premonition that last night was the night. So then, silly dh and I stayed up until midnight tidying the house and doing last minute things. Well, no baby. Ha! So much for intuition. Anyway, no big deal but I guess the good part is that I've finally reached that mental place where I feel ready for baby to come so that's probably a vital part in getting it to happen. We'll see...

Ashley - I totally agree on the mental aspect of getting ready for baby...but it's also this funny dance where you have to balance that with not just sitting and watching the pot, yk? :) I hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.

Ravin - hope you feel better.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#96 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Had my mw app on wed 4 cm dilated and 50% effaced, station -2 had tons of bh that day and thought it was it dh stayed home in case and now it's all gone:( Everyone cant believe I am not in labor I wish I had not told anyone waiting.....

Due 2/18/2011

#97 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM

hug2.gif mimihol...it sounds like you're getting really close...i hope to be reading your birth story soon! 

thanks 3xmama...i agree it's a big transition!

bluebirdmama-- and i agree it's a fine line between mental space and overtaking your space! :) i do feel like baby won't come for a while yet...probably into march, so it did feel odd to need to make that space...but i think i just needed to say it's okay to be connected to that, and then be contented to also let baby pick the timing....i don't know if that makes sense...but to make the space, but not put on the pressure? and it's interesting, my dh and i had a good business meeting yesterday, and i somehow already feel that the mental to do list has cleared out a bit, even though it's just mentally cleared! :) btw, i loved your pic in the silhouette. 

today in southern cali we have absolutely beautiful weather! the sky is clear and the sun is bright...i've already got the whole house open and letting in fresh air! we just had our midwife appointment and it just seems silly to meet so frequently! :) i mean, we're all just waiting! and i'm feeling healthy, so why meet so often? it's not a big deal, as she comes here...and i get it if you have complications..but anyone feel this way? at least she's my age so i feel like it's seeing a friend weekly..but it's funny! 

i better go, i don't have much else to say! :) xoxo take care mamas! i'm looking forward to reading our next batch of births! joy.gif

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#98 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM

Afternoon everyone!

I'm so excited that it's Friday, I'm ready for the work-week to be over!

DD seems to think that tomorrow would be a fanastic day to have a baby, I can't say I disagree. The weather is supposed to be "warm" (mid-20's) this weekend and snowy. I keep hoping that it will be sunny and snowy when I go into labor. :)  I finally had DH blow up the exercise ball last night and read a book and bounced, today it feels like my pelvis is going to break in two (only when I try and move).

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#99 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 12:49 PM

I just started seeing my midwife every week. It does seem silly but she let me go once a month for most of the pregnancy. It is just such a hassle to get all the kids there and then I never have any problems or questions and I can feel the baby move so I know it is fine. Anyway, she wants to meet once a week and I can do that but it is more beneficial for me to go to the chiropractor more often then meet with her!

I need to mentally prepare for a baby as well. I think I need to meditate and welcome it. I keep forgetting I am going to have a kid out of this and I wonder if it senses my ambivalence? I am also finding that I am dreading labour and am afraid I might be holding myself up.

I just had the best, much needed 2 hour nap and all my children are still alive. I am trying to wake up so I can get some cleaning done. 

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#100 of 103 Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Such postive waiting mamas you are!  I am pretty postive too, felling like I need to clean and finish up a few things for work.  But then again I feel like I have to clean all the time.  You know, just in case tonight is the night...every night....LOL!

Better get to it.  Hang in there mamas!  XOXO

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#101 of 103 Old 02-12-2011, 12:02 PM

I have another UTI...blarrrr....waiting waiting waiting for baby

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#102 of 103 Old 02-12-2011, 03:26 PM

A UTI? I hope you feel better soon! That's way worse than this cold, which I think I'm on the down side of now. DD is definitely feeling better, I've hardly seen her all day, she's been out playing. My to do list has been seriously whittled down; I think we may actually make it out of here on time Monday!

I have felt kind of short of breath much of the day, and a little bit queasy.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#103 of 103 Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM

Long day yesterday, We drove to the other side of the island which is a 2 hr drive, spent most of the day at the beach. The girls had a blast. I even got my big ol' belly on the boogie board and caught some waves! Skipper thought I would just roll off, lol. Then we did our monthly Costco shopping, had dinner with a friend who was in town from Alaska, and drove the 2 hours home. Rolled in around 12:30. Today I am totally worthless, soooo tired!

Sorry about the UTI upnorthmama, I've had two this pregnancy and a kidney infection. They are horrendous! I'm actually supposed to be on a low dose of antibiotics to fight them off for the remainder of my pregnancy, but I haven't taken them for a few weeks now. Does the UTI make you have contractions? All of the UTI's I had made my stomach and back hurt so bad, felt like I was going to have the baby. And now that it's almost time to have the baby, the contractions have calmed down and nothings happening! GRR.

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page