life on the other side. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh lordy, yes. I was so convinced this was our last child- cut up all the girl clothes when we found out we were having a son, gave away all my maternity things after the birth. The grand plan was for DH to get a vascetomy in a few weeks but now I'm terrified, and I'm not even the one that would be getting cut up! It's just so scary, the thought of never being able to have more. I'm totally drugged by hormones right now and found myself planning our third child before this one was even two weeks old. What is wrong with me?! So for now, we've put the big V on hold and are just going to play it safe. No babies, but not literally cutting off the future possibility of more babies.

Oi. It's all I can think about right now!! I'm a real birth junkie too- I had this dream the other night that I had actually been pregnant with twins and we all just FORGOT about the other baby, so 2 wks later when I realized it I was so excited to just have to labor and push another child out- no 40 weeks of pregnancy! So sad to have woken up and realized the truth, lol. dizzy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

***Is anyone else craving having another baby already? I think the hormones are effecting my logic. haha. She's less than 2 weeks old, but now that my PP bleeding is done and my over supply is under control I feel like, 'Oooo, let's make another one!' I'm crazy...***

Elliott is super strong, dude. He was a fussbutt last night and so after trying to nurse, change, burp, rock, and everything else, I was getting frustrated so I put him about 2.5 feet away from me in the bed and was going to roll over and sleep when...the little bugger wiggled his way RIGHT back to my breast and grinned at me, I swear to god. Okay, fair enough. If you're going to worm your way back to my breast, I had better nurse you again! He also holds his head up foreeeeeeeeever.

We were all pretty amazed by the strength of his kicks/rolls in the womb so I guess it's no surprise he came out strong, right? lol

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm also craving another baby, which surprises me because three was always my limit. I think I'm just in mourning over Lucas being my last and the birth not being what I had envisioned with a healthy dose of pp hormones playing a key role. DH is definately done, he was done after two but I got my third via surprise baby, lol! So he's not even really considering it.  DH and I agreed to revisit having more kids in 18 mos to 2 yrs. We'll see what happens then, but I highly doubt we have more kids. So I'm getting the Mirena IUD put in at my 6 wk follow up. Its good for five years and pretty much infallible.

I hope you all are getting some good sleep!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm not sure if I'm craving another baby, or if I'm just mourning the end of this phase.  I'm no longer in my early 30's and starting the pregnancy/baby stage of my life.  I'm saying goodbye to pregnancy and with each phase Beatriz passes through feels like an ending.   Couple all that with the pregnancy hormones and the tears are flowing regularly.

Pregnancy and babies has been my favorite part of life so far.   I want to stop feeling this way and be able to savor and enjoy the NOW. 

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

I really hope the Mirena is good for you- I had it placed at the 6 wk pp visit after I had my daughter and I cramped and bled for 6 months after that- I went straight from lochia to implant bleeding and it didn't stop until I had the dang thing removed. It felt like my body was trying to reject it and the nurses were no help- "Comes with the territory- get used to it or get out!" That's what they told me. So I got out, lol. Best of luck to you with it and I hope your experience is far superior to mine. I really wanted it to work for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

I'm also craving another baby, which surprises me because three was always my limit. I think I'm just in mourning over Lucas being my last and the birth not being what I had envisioned with a healthy dose of pp hormones playing a key role. DH is definately done, he was done after two but I got my third via surprise baby, lol! So he's not even really considering it.  DH and I agreed to revisit having more kids in 18 mos to 2 yrs. We'll see what happens then, but I highly doubt we have more kids. So I'm getting the Mirena IUD put in at my 6 wk follow up. Its good for five years and pretty much infallible.

I hope you all are getting some good sleep!

I think, for me, part of my balking about never having any more kids is that I'm only 22. Even though we only planned two children from the get-go, I'm way young and have a lot of living left to do. DH is 33 and when I announced that I wasn't quite as ready to be done as I thought, all he could say was, "But if we had another in two years I'd be 35 or 36..." which to me, still isn't too old to be making babies, you know? But...I don't know. It's all so complicated. Throw in the pp hormone cocktail and I'm a wreck.

Waiting waiting waiting...revisit in 18 months to two years and I guess we'll see. Maybe we'll all end up on the ddc again together lol.

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
Old 02-16-2011, 02:26 PM

Wow, nosce, I'm surprised to hear that you had such problems with it. My mw has one and has done several for her clients and none have had that kind of result. In fact, the Mirena has done the opposite and has stopped their periods. I'm sorry that your expirence was so unpleasant! I really want it to work, its the best solution for DH and I. I have no confidence in condoms anymore since Lucas was conceived while using one.

I'm also pretty young, just 25, and for me that's also part of why I'm thinking about having another. I just feel so young to take it off the table completely. DH and I started when we were 20 and in some ways it'll be nice to be done so young. We'll be 45 when Lucas is 20 and we'll have plenty of our older years, God willing, to travel and play with our grandkids (maybe even great grandkids!) and just live life. But I just can't imagine being done with pregnancy and babies so early in life!!

Just my two cents, but I don't think 35 or 36 is too old to have more kids, either.  winky.gif

debra-hug2.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

I am right there with you, 3x. My first was born when I was 19- I turned 20 a month later. Lots of people have worried that I was screwing myself over by having a family so young but you're right on- travel later, and still be able to wrestle with the grand kids! And for me, there was a real bonus to having my kids while my own parents were still young enough to get down on the floor with them.

I also don't think 36 is too old to be having kids- most of his peers are having babies right now and are 32-36 and so it looks totally normal, to me. Plus, I can always counter that in two years I'll only be 24 you know? Which is way too young to be done having babies. winky.gif

You know, he was really balking a few days ago but last night he blurted out the names of our next child- and Elliott is only 20 days old! HA! Yeah, DH, you were SO done, huh? lol

It's funny how things change, and how fast.

I don't know what we're going to do for birth control- I really hate hormonal birth control, it's never been kind to my body and made me very sick. But I hate the lack of spontaneity with condoms etc, and that whole exam glove feeling. Ugh. My midwife was suggesting the lambskin condoms- they're supposed to feel a little nicer. Anybody have any experience with those?

I love how comfortable I feel talking with you ladies now after being here for nine months! We've kind of been through it all together and it's so neat to have a place to just talk about bodies. love.gif

Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM

DH was 43 when we had Baby #1, he's 45 now, and I'm STILL not letting him say "We're done."  He's a very young 40-something, though, which I think makes a huge difference.  It's more about attitude, energy level, etc. to me than the actual calendar age - which is, I guess, why my husband and I have a 21 year age gap lol.gif.

I'm jumping into this conversation late because I only just now have two hands to type - but we're doing the copper Paraguard IUD at my 6 week appt, which is hormone free and 99.4% effective.  I also don't really like hormones, especially while I'm nursing.  I hate condoms, but we were using them, and, well, that's why we've got Eliot!  DH now doesn't trust condoms too much ... or, as he says, my "grabby" cervix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosce View Post

I am right there with you, 3x. My first was born when I was 19- I turned 20 a month later. Lots of people have worried that I was screwing myself over by having a family so young but you're right on- travel later, and still be able to wrestle with the grand kids! And for me, there was a real bonus to having my kids while my own parents were still young enough to get down on the floor with them.

I also don't think 36 is too old to be having kids- most of his peers are having babies right now and are 32-36 and so it looks totally normal, to me. Plus, I can always counter that in two years I'll only be 24 you know? Which is way too young to be done having babies. winky.gif

You know, he was really balking a few days ago but last night he blurted out the names of our next child- and Elliott is only 20 days old! HA! Yeah, DH, you were SO done, huh? lol

It's funny how things change, and how fast.

I don't know what we're going to do for birth control- I really hate hormonal birth control, it's never been kind to my body and made me very sick. But I hate the lack of spontaneity with condoms etc, and that whole exam glove feeling. Ugh. My midwife was suggesting the lambskin condoms- they're supposed to feel a little nicer. Anybody have any experience with those?

I love how comfortable I feel talking with you ladies now after being here for nine months! We've kind of been through it all together and it's so neat to have a place to just talk about bodies. love.gif

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Ok, I think it was Bailey who was asking about a chocolate craving awhile back. Well, I have had the most intense craving for chocolate for the past several days. And not just any chocolate, it has to be deeply flavored and very chocolately. After just about every meal, I'm wanting something chocolate. Even breakfast! Really, its been a PITA, lol! I keep thinking about what someone else wrote, I think nosce, who said her MIL gave her chocolate after her first to help her milk come in. I just keep pretending its helping my milk supply and go for it!! lol.gif

Unfortunately, it seems like we might have some marathon/cluster feeding about to come into vogue. Lucas is eating about ever 1.5 hrs during the day, which is difficultt with two others I have to care for. Its been hard trying to find a good balance between baby and older kids this go around. Probably a little because Lucas and Isaac are so close together and because there are three of 'em now. It seems like everyone needs something at the same times. Lucas needs to eat, but Isaac needs a snack and really can't wait a half hour or more for Lucas to be done, then Maddie wants a snack but Lucas is screaming at this point...its been pretty hectic. I've also discovered that I can't really carry Lucas and Isaac at the same time, even if I am wearing Lucas. Isaac is too wiggly and knocks Luke around (by accident, of course) quite a bit. So anytime I have to pick Isaac up, I have to put Luke down. Its been interesting, to say the least! But they are all cute so it works out in the end. love.gif

How is everyone else hanging in there?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Hi Mamas. 3 days pp here. Feeling a bit weepy over everything today but I know it's just hormones & exhaustion & will pass very soon. Kennedy is a fan of being a great sleeper all day and a horrible sleeper at night so I'm trying to roll with it best I can. I have lots of help- dh & mil are here to help with the older kids & meals & housework so I'm just resting and taking care of babe.

He's not opening his eyes much, his eyes were all puffy after the birth and didn't open them at all til the next day and then it was just slits. Even now he hardly does. My mw said some babies don't open them for a week after birth. Both my others were very wide eyed and alert after the birth so this is new to me.

I have been having chocolate cravings too- before the birth I made a whole bunch of lactation cookies with tons of chocolate chips in them so I've been mowing those down guilt free ;)

He is definitely our last baby. We were considering being done after the other 2 but I just didn't feel "done". So he was conceived unplanned but it feels so right & so meant to be and now our family feels complete. DH will be getting a vasectomy sometime. I thought I would be really sad about not being pregnant ever again but his labour cured me of wanting to go there again. Which is a blessing in disguise, I guess. Right after my 2nd labour, as soon as dd was born, I literally said "WOW I could do that again!" It was so amazing, all natural, empowering, exhilarating. This time, when it was done I said "WOW I don't EVER want to do that again!" And the thought of going through the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester, the discomfort and exhaustion of the last few wks of pregnancy & frustration of not being able to do everything with them that I wanted to is not appealing to me! So i am definitely going to enjoy every stage of Kennedy even the annoying sleepless ones LOL. I know it all passes so quickly.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM

It's neat to see how many of us are in the same boat with us being young and DHs being older!  I am 25 and my husband is 40 (we found out we were pregnant with Jenevieve on his birthday, completely by coincidence).  However, we both feel "done" with two.  Partially because we live in a 2-bedroom house (that we bought in 2006, so you know we'll be stuck in it for eternity), partially because I work full time and his parents watch the girls.  Assuming they cease watching them when they enter school, my in-laws will be 73 when the youngest goes to school, and the ILs are not the super active and in the best of health sort of 60-somethings either.  Lastly, we have two super mellow kids and I'd like to quit while I'm ahead, you know?!  :)  It does make me a little emotional to look at Jenevieve and think this is the last time I will have someone this small, but I try to think of how exciting it will be to have two girls share bedrooms and sleepovers and bathtimes when they are older.  

I miss being pregnant, but I REALLY enjoy not having to stand sideways at the kitchen sink!  Having said that, the finality of the big V for DH is haunting me.  I know it's the right thing to do for our lifestyle and family, but sometimes new-mama emotions get the better of me.  I'd have a ton of kids if all pregnancies, births, and newborn periods were easy!  

I'm Brooke!  I'm an avid knitter (ravelry:mamaaulait) and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my boy, River (9/2013).
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM

Allora is 12 days old. We're having latch issues (just with initial latch on, after a few seconds it's painless again). But otherwise things are fine. She nurses nonstop, more than DS at this age and I couldn't stand the constant "cling factor" with him, yet I'm oddly tolerant this time. It rarely bothers me and only for a few seconds. Perhaps I've gone mad. orngtongue.gif She also NEVER cries about something that the boob can't satisfy, ever. I didn't buy binkies, afraid she'd get addicted (now I'm certain she would) but I'm totally fine with it.

My family has been incredibly wonderfully supportive. My mom not only loves Allora to death but she's been a lot better with me. Even my younger sister, who I normally can't stand, has been great. Allora's "father" hasn't contacted us. I know his sister knows, but that's as far as I'm aware of, though I'd bet he likely knows by now. I'm happy with that. Overall I'm just generally really happy and content. And I still find myself in complete shock that I have a little girl, especially now that I can write "my DD," haha. 

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 AM

smeep, do you think that is just the initial let down from latching?  is the pain a deep rooted kind of nervey pain?

I'm having a latch issue due to him sucking in his lips (especially the bottom) and the pain doesn't stop until he stops sucking.

I had the same issue with my first, and they both have the same full lips...it appears his lips just get in the way.

My Henry is 5 days old today.  Seems like he's been here forever, I can almost forget what it's like to be pregnant.

This is our last as well, having sad thoughts about it but the end of this pregnancy wasn't too easy for me.

I'm looking forward to having my body back.

I'm 39 and my dh is 40 and I don't think we're too old.  :)

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Smeep, that sounds like the latch issue we had. It was a searing, toe curling pain for just a second or two and then we were fine. That was NOT let-down- I've always had an OALD- but more like him drawing out the nipple after it was already tender from a bad latch. We worked hard on correcting his latch and all the pain is gone. Hope it passes soon for you too.

Elliott will be one month old on Monday. Where did the time go?! He's 11 lb now- he was 8lb 6 at birth and down to 8lb1 on Day 3. That kid can chow! I'm so sad to already be packing up all the newborn things. bawling.gif

He seems to have really woken up this week- is so intrigued by black/white patterns, crunchy toy sounds, and faces. He's alert forever. And he's able to see what's coming now- I pick him up to nurse and he just sits there with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open while I get my breast out. He's READY lol.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Elliott is one month old! Who else is celebrating a month in already? I know I'm not the only one. I'm crying too, though, when going through his dresser- so many things were outgrown before he was ever born, and so many more were outgrown overnight.

Looks like we're in for a growth spurt- he's picked up the frequency of his feedings again. He also seems to have silent reflux. Things have been better since I figured that out- it was tough going for a while there!

How are things, mamas?

Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM

My boys are 7wks old, it's crazy how fast time has been going. We are doing well after getting past the thrush and latch issues. I had my pp checkup today, nothing exciting. The boys are awake more now which makes it a little harder because they require more attention, my back is killing me from holding one almost constantly, but they are still pretty easy babies and I am enjoying them.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
Old 03-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Kennedy is 9 days old. Not much exciting happening lol. He just eats and sleeps and poops multiple times a day. My other kids are adjusting beautifully. I hold or wear Kennedy most of the time but for a brief time if I put him in the swing to nap the kids have been excellent about being quiet while I race around the house like a whirling dervish taking the opportunity of freedom to get a couple things done!

We took him to the pediatrician yesterday because he still wasn't opening his eyes very much, still just like little slits and looked like he was taking a lot of effort to do so. The dr. said it was totally fine, he still looked swollen & puffy from the birth. He is improving daily and his eyesight is obviously fine, he looks around at voices & can focus, we just wanted to be sure. It put our minds at ease anyway, especially DH.

I'm back to walking ds to school each day which is not too bad, the weather is way more acceptable now, hovering around freezing but at least it's sunny. I didn't leave the house for 8 days which was kind of nice- dh was off work & MIL was here for a week so they were a huge help.

I am loving all the meals I stuck in the freezer months ago!!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:36 PM

wow mamas! i can't believe you're babies are already at 7 weeks and 4 weeks! wow. time certainly flies by. phoenix is at day 5 and it seems like it can't be almost a week! we had our first car ride today, and he did great, but i did have my pinky in his mouth the whole time! we're doing pretty well. i'm still feeling like my insides want to fall out, so i'm still more horizontal or sitting than i'd prefer. the walking or standing just makes me want to hold my crotch...not too socially acceptable! :) looking forward to that going away so i can take phoenix outside more! :) i'm on hold now forever to make our first pediatric appointment. what an annoyance. 

we're doing good, and don't have much to talk about. my nipples were a little sore, but i went to a mom 2 mom group of breastfeeding moms today and it was lead by an lc...we've made progress, so i think they won't be sore for long. i've got to go get more nursing tanks and more nursing pads...i'm spraying milk everywhere! ;) ok. think that's it for me! it's good to be on the other side!!!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM

I, too, am trying to stay in the moment since Jeni is my last pregnancy.  Trying to hold onto the little moments, but also trying to not feel guilty for messing up that plan occasionally.  At our visit to the pediatrician today, it came to light that she's already up 2lbs and 10oz, in only two weeks!  The pedi thinks its because I nursed Maiya throughout the pregnancy so my milk never "came in", but was always there (just in lesser form in the last part of the pregnancy).  Jenevieve had NO weight loss at all, and was up a pound at 4 days PP.  It's nice to know she's healthy, but like Nosce, I felt sad when I had to put away the newborn clothes at the end of the first week (including many things she simply never wore).

MW thinks I have a touch of yeast infection down below.  I'm not convinced it's yeast.  It almost feels more like irritation from the lochia.  No itching at all, only burns slightly if I have undiluted urine that hits it accidentally, and it only seems to burn if I have some lochia (mine's mostly gone at this point).  I have zero desire to do the Monistat thing, so I've been applying yogurt topically which seems to be helping, but I'd hate to be wrong and see yeast get out of hand.  Oy, I'm so undecided on how to proceed.

Other than that, I'm doing great!  Jenevieve is shaping up to be an even easier babe than Maiya since she has her days and nights straight already.  She is a very quiet and alert kidlet and I love just wearing her about when Mai and I run down to the park.  This sampling of SAHM life is a nice treat.  I am really dreading returning to work full time in April.  :/

I'm Brooke!  I'm an avid knitter (ravelry:mamaaulait) and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my boy, River (9/2013).
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 AM

Glad to be here with you all!  Julian is doing very well.  I am battling mastitis...again.  I get this a decent amount and am going to work hard to NEVER get it again.  More rest, garlic and some other supplements should help.  Hope!

Big brother is doing very well, no issues, and big sister is doing OK.  Not perfect, a little emotional and more difficult than average.  I need to work harder on playing with her more.  Maybe reading Playful Parenting will help motivate me. 

We have been out and about a few times.  I just cannot sit in the house for days on end, I go nuts! 

Sounds like everyone is swimming along, hope the good times continue for everyone and that we all get more sleep at some point!  We will....right?!?!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm here, I'm here!

Day 2 and we're heading to the hospital for outpatient PKU and hearing screen.  A pain, but good to have done!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM

one week pp today-wow!

Still processing my birth, having a hard time making sense of it all. Things went from home in the water to hospital/drugs/stuck in the bed. So happy to have this beautiful baby in my arms!!!!!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Aubrey Rose is 39 days old now!

I remember when I was pregnant dreaming about breastfeeding and really looking forward to it. It has been way different with Aubrey than with my last. We have struggled with thrush. I went through a course of antibiotics from mastitus. I think we are finally past the thrush, thank god!

Aubrey really just wants to nurse constantly! It is so draining and I am feeling a bit gulity for not wanting her constantly at the breast. All night long she nurses in bed while I try to get some sleep. All day long whenever she is awake she wants to eat. She is already 11 lbs and I'm proud of her chubbyness.

Maybe I wouldn't feel so drained if I wasn't still battling a headache! I've had it since she was about a week old.

SD531515.JPG

SD531527.JPG

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 03-05-2011, 01:07 PM

hug2.gifupnorthmama!!! it can  take a long while to process these things...i hope you find what you need to find in the process. 

trekkingirl-- aubrey rose is adorable!!! hug2.gif for the problems breastfeeding and the headache. i've had a headache the past two days but i've really realized i'm not eating or drinking enough to keep up with all the breastfeeding... so i'm adjusting, i hope your headache goes away soon!!!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

7 days pp here. My boobs are KILLING ME. I can't wait for the over-supply to correct itself :( Plus, my left nipple feels like someone is stabbing it with needles for the first 20 seconds or so of feeding her. It's awful. I dread feeding her and it made me cry the last time. I think it's from nipple damage from earlier and it's just taking a long time to heal itself. It's got a scab or something on the tip of it. Ouch.

I mentioned this one another thread, but I am not feeling all that great physically, which surprises me. It feels like my insides are falling out of me when I walk around. I wanted to wear a belly bandit, but i can feel my organs (?) hit up against it and it hurts. I had a really bad diastasis before the pregnancy, so I don't know if it has anything to do with it. I wish I could lay around in bed until I heal, but that is impossible with two little ones to take care of during the day.

Sorry that I am complaining so much. It's been a rough day today, both physically and mentally. Maybe it's the rain. On a happier note, the baby is doing great! I love her to pieces :o)

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 PM

Sorry upnorthmama, Trekkingirl and cagnew.  hug2.gif  It's so hard sometimes afterwards!

I'm actually really surprised at how fast I'm healing and how much better I'm feeling after this baby vs. DS.  DS's birth was long and ended up highly medicalized and I guess that took more of a toll on me than I realized.  DD was all natural - no time fo ranything else! and recovery has been much smoother.

My stitches are falling out and my perineum is almost un-swelled.  It felt like I was sitting on a golf ball right after the birth.  5 days out and we're doing much better.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:35 AM
mcs

nak

i haven't been posting much, but slowly reading along. things have been going really well for us- meryl (5 weeks, which feels unblievable,) is really an incredible sleeper and very content when she is awake. my other two were so uber-alert, but she is much more relaxed- she looks so zen, just kind of taking it all in. for the last few nights she has NOT wanted me to put the other two to sleep (i sit between the older two and nurse her till they are asleep,) and that has been a little hard- especially last night as my dh didn't get home till late. but, once she goes to sleep.....she sleeps! this is new for me as the other two were in constant eating mode through the night.

even so, with usually only one or two wakings in the night, i am unbelievably tired by evening. yesterday, i had a visitor with two boys- 3 and 4- and by the time that they left i was done for the day- i felt like i had been trampled. and my house too, oh my. i think i am still in "newborn" mode, too much noise really disturbs me. though yesterday gave me a new dose of "be thankful for your mostly well behaved girls"

my 3yr has started to be really clingy, but other than that adjustment for them is going well

a few pages back was chocolate talk and all i can say is- me too. i think about it all of the time and i even bought chocolate granola, which i always thought was the most insane thing- now i know how great it is!

i am down to 120lbs, but i don't look it and when i eat so many sweets, it is hard to stay positive about the possibility that i will be back to normal after three kids in 5yrs-and being over 30 now..it is early, i know.

other than craving chocolate- i ccrave spring---it is so close!

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Trekking- we're at day 38 and are in nonstop eating mode too! There's a growth spurt at 6 wks and I know that's what this is. Hang in there, it will be over soon. I hope!!

I am quite literally wasting away. I started out both my pregnancies at below ideal weight and lose more than half of what I gained during birth. Last week I noticed myself feeling frantically hungry and impulsively smearing butter on everything- despite this I've lost two more pounds this week while E has gained two! He's coming in at 12 lb 2 oz- it feels like the fat is literally draining from my body straight into his. Eek! I'm at 110 lb now- I really can't afford to lose any more than 10- I don't even want to lose that 10!

my husband went back to work a few days ago and while at least once a day the baby, the toddler, and I all collapse into a fit of tears, I think we've got it together. I mean, I can manage dressing them both and getting myself showered and dressed and lunch fed all before noon, so that's not doing too bad is it? lol

Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosce View Post

my husband went back to work a few days ago and while at least once a day the baby, the toddler, and I all collapse into a fit of tears, I think we've got it together. I mean, I can manage dressing them both and getting myself showered and dressed and lunch fed all before noon, so that's not doing too bad is it? lol

hug2.gif It's an adjustment, isn't it? My kids are older so they can do a lot for themselves- dress, get snacks, find something to play, read, etc but I have WAY lowered my standards. Basically if everyone is fed & we're dressed on time to get ds to the school bus, I'm happy. Dishes & laundry I try to stay on top of so it doesn't build up. If I can clean a bathroom while wearing the baby & dd is playing & ds is at school, well that's just a bonus. DH works fairly long hours & luckily I'm still reaping the benefits of all the cooking & freezing I did months ago so suppers are easy!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sometimes DH doesn't get home until 10 or 11pm. We asked for frozen meals in lieu of gifts at the baby shower and we are STILL pulling out delicious home cooked meals, 38 days later. What a blessing. I generally get a panic around 5pm when I realize the dinner hour is near and I have NO idea what to do. It's been so wonderful to just midlessly pull something out without looking, throw some veggies with it, and relax.

My 2.5 year old daughter is very bright and really independent for her age (which keeps us on our toes more often than not!) and helps herself a lot. But the few days that I didn't set a goal of getting ready by noon, we were all still in pj's when DH came home at 7pm. I'm the type that needs to get dressed and leave the house each day to feel together so those days were really stressful to me.

I have really lowered my standards, too. I keep reminding myself and my partner- PEOPLE BEFORE THINGS. So what if I eat my breakfast cereal with a tiny kid spoon because nothing else was clean? At least we're all fed! lol.gif The laundry though-- oh my goodness. Who knew adding one more person would make the laundry build up that much? I swear that everybody's laundry multiplied- not just the baby's- even though we tend to not change after being spit up on.

That reminds me of a story from when my daughter was a few weeks old. We lived above our business downtown and so on breaks from work DH would take our daughter for a walk around a few blocks, up on his shoulder. An older woman stopped him one time and said "Sir, you have the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen-- however, you have spit up going ALL down your back!" And true enough, it looked like someone dumped paint down his shoulder- it was BAD. thumb.gif

Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 AM

Wow. Day four here, feeling a bit overwhelmed. I actually felt really good the first two days and I think I overdid it a little bit. Now I'm kinda crashing.

My milk came in at the end of day two and I swear I always have enough milk to feed like ten babies, my boobs are killing me! Daria doesn't come close to nursing enough to relieve them. Also, for some reason her latch is perfect on my right side but on the left side she is chewing me to pieces. Ouch! Hoping to avoid getting mastitis and yeast infections, but I seem to get them every single time. Haven't been feeling too good since the milk started coming in.

My two year old and four year old are adjusting, but today seemed to be the worst day so far in adapting. My two year old is whining non stop, everything is majorly dramatic and she peed her pants at least 6 times today. Oh my goodness! My four year old has been pretty helpful actually, but is constantly hovering right over top of me and I swear I am gonna go nuts because I need some space! Gah!

We're moving back to the mainland at the end of the month, so I need to start doing some major packing, and haven't really been able to settle down and enjoy everything as much as I would like because there is so much to worry about.

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

User Tag List