life on the other side. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 123 Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chula hug2.gifYou could try if you want - you may not get the supply back, but the earlier you try the more likely it is. 

Things are hopping along here, DH is back to work, as am I, and DD is gettting so BIG!!.  I wish her newborn acne would clear though, it's so bad and people ask about it everywhere.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#122 of 123 Old 03-26-2011, 03:53 PM

i never had a supply to begin with so that's not very encouraging :/ maybe i should just forget it then.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#123 of 123 Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Don't give up, Chula!

My twins were supplemented on formula and donated milk (until insurance stopped paying for it) for almost 6 months because my supply was never able to keep up with their needs. I pumped for almost 2 months because they were in the NICU and was never able to get more than an ounce or two at a time, it took over 2 weeks for my milk to even come in.

My girls were a month old before they were stable enough to breast feed and it was a struggle to get them used to the breast vs. a bottle/gavage tube. It took months to get used to each other and it was DAMN HARD, but for us, it was worth it and I nursed until 15 months (they self-weaned after I had a miscarriage).

If you want to nurse your babies, it's not too late! I say go for it! At the very least you can comfort nurse them and that counts for so much! It's an amazing bonding experience and they do get some of the health benefits of breastmilk and the nutrition for formula.

If you want to talk to someone who's "been there, done that" feel free to message me. I won't lie, it'll be hard work, but it's worth it, even if you only breast feed for a few weeks/months, it's worth trying. hug2.gif

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page