Any 40+ weekers? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 02-14-2011, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

40 weeks today!

Lots of on and off contractions lately - I actually thought we might be in business last night - every 5 minutes for an hour, getting gradually stronger... but then they fizzled.  Hopefully soon!  (Or not til the weekend - I have a funeral to attend on Wednesday.)

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#32 of 42 Old 02-14-2011, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Laura - I'm sorry.  :(  41 weeks for us tomorrow! 

I know that due dates are estimated but there is something weird mental thing after 40 weeks.  I've been having strong menstrual cramps on and off for a week or so, last night they woke me up but they don't turn into anything.  I might be better about waiting it out if I didn't feel so lousy and crampy.  I'm just so short fused and cranky and honestly just want to lay in the tub or in bed.  Totally useless.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#33 of 42 Old 02-14-2011, 08:08 AM

hug2.gifmamas! i'm 39 weeks today...and i almost put myself into a panic last night as i was trying to go to bed at the idea of going another 2-3 weeks...i'm much more concerned about holding it together the next few weeks than birth...or motherhood! i send all of you big hugs!!! i know we're all just trying to take it one day at a time...i'm sorry grouphug.gif

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#34 of 42 Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM

Im here! 41+1 today - just got home from another "non-stress test" ... can someone explain to me how those are named that? It's completely stressful!! Had the "if you get to 42 weeks" talk with my midwife, and the discussion about maybe touring the hospital since I never have before and it could be a possibility. Talk about depressing! I am trying to be positive - be content - remind myself all babies are born ON their birth days. Felt for sure last night that today would be the day... once again, I was wrong. I'm sick of calling wolf. Misery does love company :)

#35 of 42 Old 02-15-2011, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Katie, Hugs!

I have another NST/US tomorrow.  I'm already annoyed because I wanted it in the morning but they can't fit me in until 1pm.  Ugh.

I keep saying, well I'm 41 weeks I mean HOW MUCH LONGER can I possibly go?

1 week?  I haven't really talked about induction, but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel going too over 42 personally.  I think I would be really anxious and stressed.

Trying to keep my mind off of it today....hope everyone else is hanging in there!

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#36 of 42 Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM

40+2 today.  The bummer about always going over by a week or more is that my husband thinks i am crazy if i "feel" like i am going to have a  baby soon, (which i probably am)  And he isnt worried about missing anything so he went to a work thing 3 hours away......for the whole day!  I know i am not going to have the baby right now but i just like knowing he is close by working instead of at the min. 3 hours away.  I am still huge and uncomfortable and am pregnant a lot longer then most preganant women (mostly because they get induced because they are huge and uncomfortable) i guess just because i am a natural 41 to 42 weeker doesnt mean that I shouldnt be pampered a little......well by my husband anyway.

now all my friends who havent been around me during a pregnancy they are the opposite.  calling every day eventhough i told them that a more realistic due date for me is the 20th of feb instead of the 13th.  And they wont let me carry anything and freak out that i am out digging up the garden or taking the kids to the museum. 

can't win i guess,  finicky pregnant lady!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#37 of 42 Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post

hug2.gifmamas! i'm 39 weeks today...and i almost put myself into a panic last night as i was trying to go to bed at the idea of going another 2-3 weeks...i'm much more concerned about holding it together the next few weeks than birth...or motherhood! i send all of you big hugs!!! i know we're all just trying to take it one day at a time...i'm sorry grouphug.gif

ashley

I hear ya, Ashley, I'm in a similar space and I'm not overdue yet, either.  I'm just so uncomfortable, I can't wait to be able to move around easier again.  I don't remember being this uncomfortable with my first greensad.gif  Any day now...that's my mantra winky.gif

#38 of 42 Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 PM

40 weeks today according to midwife, but really I think I'm around 39+ 

we won't be here long mamas, try to stay positive- we had a good dose of sunshine here today which helped a LOT. Nothing like sunshine and warm weather to steer away the end of pregnancy blues!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#39 of 42 Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

41w1d today.  I have an NST at 1145 and an US at 1.  Wish me luck.  The baby is moving like a angry little newborn, obviously running out of room one would hope.  The kicks and pushes are so strong.  Hoping everything is fine, keep thinking what if they find something bad and I have to stay there for a c section...ugh.  Terrified of knives and surgery and hospitals.

I also had the strangest dream that my FIL and I were using a nail gun and we both ended up shooting nails through our hands.  How weird.  If anyone knows that dreaming of nail-gun mishaps is a sign of impending labor, please let me know.

Hope everyone is hanging in there today!  As a treat for myself, I might stop in at this store and buy this diaper bag I've been drooling over....  :)  It's right next to my midwives office and I visit it before or after every appt.  LOL.....

Michelle ~

#40 of 42 Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 AM

40w2d.  We're off to a funeral today.  :( 

Baby seems to be a little straighter today and is head down and not on my hipbone anymore, so I'm not manicking anymore.  Still posterior I think, but that's easier to fix that a completely off kilter baby!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#41 of 42 Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Sarah, sorry about the funeral.  :(  That's hard.

How do you know which position your baby is in?

I need to ask my MW to see if the baby is in a weird position for me.

I know I have a lot of fluid left for 41 weeks, and that the baby has a lot of room, but I can barely tell that the baby is head down never mind anything else.

Michelle ~

#42 of 42 Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 AM

http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

That's how I know where the baby is.  It's actually really interesting.

I'm prepping the stuff we'll need in case I go into labour at the funeral right now - phone lists and stuff like that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page