Please- give me some perspective here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a hard time with my attitude. I was due yesterday, so I'm ONLY one day late!! I keep getting snowed/iced in with my 4yo and 2yo. I live in Texas, so none of us are accustomed to being home all day for so many days. I LOVE them like crazy, obviously, but I'm massive and so uncomfortable and soooo cranky! 

I want to have my baby!!!! Now!!! (actually, tomorrow when the ice is supposed to melt) Just when I thought I couldn't get more uncomfortable, I've gotten more uncomfortable. 

My DD was 9 days past her EDD and my DS was born on his EDD. All of my due dates are based on ovulation. Honestly, I didn't expect to go past with this one. My early u/s dated the pregnancy as due last Friday, and so did LMP. Even though I know ovulation dates are better, I still thought I'd go by now (dumb, I know).

Someday this will all be a distant memory! Plus, it's not like my life is going to get much easier when I have a newborn!

It's not stopping me from fantasizing about going to the hospital and getting induced. I'm planning my 3rd out-of-hospital birth so this would be quite the change in birth plan!

Can I get a pep talk or something? Thanks!

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM

I can relate mama. I have an almost 3 year old and this winter has been unbelievable. Making it extremely difficult to get out and do things. I feel as big as a house and am having trouble with sleep. SO get that part as well

It is hard to wait. Especially when it is something so special and desired like our babies. My bestfriend is due 1 week after me. She has already scheduled her induction for the day after her due date. I feel a little jealous because I know that she won't be playing the same waiting game. Then I remind myself-it is worth the wait.

Sending you hugs and thoughts and hopefully get that baby outta there vibes. love.gif

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#3 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 AM

How about a nice hot epsom salts bath and a cup of tea when your husband gets home?  Have someone pick up a big stack of fresh library books for you to read to those little ones if you cannot make it out.  Use these last days to cuddle up with them and keep it simple.  

I hear you.  I am coming down with a cold and this baby is so low, I feel like there is a piece of paper holding him from coming out.  I forced myself out of the house for a walk with the children and it worked wonders (even though I thought there was NO WAY I would be able to make it!!).  RIght now the windchill is below zero, so you know I was desperate!!  Sheepish.gif

That little one will be here before you know it, and much happier if you can wait it out!!!  You can do it, mama!!  thumb.gif

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#4 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hugs and good vibes. 

upnorth- I have very few friends IRL who don't have scheduled c-sections or inductions, so I know what you mean. It probably stinks to think that she might have her baby before you, huh?

herdingkittens- I just have to take one look at your siggie and that gives me a serious dose of perspective!!!

#5 of 8 Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 AM

I'm sorry, I was due the 8th too and am so uncomfy AND I have a 2 and a 4 year old, living in the tundra of Mass where the snow is iced over and our dirt road isn't paved so I can't even go for a walk.

My stomach measures 45 weeks, it's hanging to my knees and I appear to possibly have lost control of my bladder.  YAY!

I don't want to get induced, but I do think of ways to naturally "help things along".  I'm doing the EPO and try to walk (even just around Target) and I guess in another week or so, I might be up for stripping membranes or something maybe.  Not sure...

Hang in there, I hope we both go into labor soon!

(Oh and we've watched way too much TV the last few weeks....ugh....I have seen the Toy Story Trilogy about 2905203 times to the point where my DH suggested we name the baby "Woody". 

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#6 of 8 Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Hang in there pollyanna - I'm also in your club (was due Mon) and live in the frozen Northeast. For whatever reason this pregnancy I kept telling people I was having the baby in January (why? I have no idea! It was "intuition" - obviously WRONG) so I feel like I am waaay overdue even though it's only been 3 days.

I've actually been taking walks around cemeteries because they are the only places that plow their walkways and you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car. Any chance you could take your kids to one for awhile? I know that's weird but being outside has actually done my mood a world of good on the days that it's possible. Going to do that now, in fact...

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

#7 of 8 Old 02-10-2011, 02:45 PM

In the same boat! I was due on the 6th and here I am, still pregnant. My DD1 was 5 days late, and my DD2 was on her due date - so now I feel like I'm some how failing. I am also a culprit for being SURE the baby was coming in January... silly intuition, obviously. Hang in there - my mum keeps saying "your begging for this baby to be born but once you have your hand at organizing three children your going to be saying -what was I thinking!!??-" It's bloody cold here to in Northern Ontario, and I'm real looking for the break in wind chill this weekend. Maybe our babies are waiting for some warmth? Who can blame them!

#8 of 8 Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I was SURE the baby was going to come by my EDD since my 2nd did. Ugh! I didn't do myself any favors by thinking that way! I was even hoping the baby would come in January, although I wasn't expecting that. 

I know it's not going to get easier with 3 kids, but I hate being pregnant SO MUCH that I'd rather have a newborn!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page