Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else totally lost it?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  finnegansmom 
#1 ·
I'm due tomorrow and probably looking at going another week at least (never delivered before 42 weeks before) but the feeling of being "done" is totally overwelming. I can't handle my kids at all. I'm angry at every little thing that happens. My nesting kicked in weeks ago but now it feels like everything needs to be re-cleaned. My mind wants to clean everything but my body can't even handle doing a load of dishes. I feel so much guilt about how I'm acting toward my children right now but for some reason I seem to have lost the ability to keep a cool head. My aunt even took the kids from me for hours yesterday afternoon and the break was so nice but when I got back with them I was mean again. I feel super lame for not being able to handle life just because I'm 9 months pregnant....anyone in the same boat?

#2 ·
I'm right there with you.

My almost 2 yr old twins have been using me for a jungle gym, they've been super clingy these past few days and they refuse to let DH do anything for them. it's breaking my heart because they cry for mama if he tries to put them to bed (they're usually total Daddy's girls, so this is a big change for them).

I want to be able to play with them and be fun, but at the same time I hurt, I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep/sit on the couch until this baby comes.

it's awful.

I'm not even having braxton hicks, I'm barely 1cm dialated and it seems like this baby is in no hurry to get here.

#3 ·
Yup. Sorry. I was due last Tuesday and work from home, with a 2 and a 4 year old. My husband is in school and today is he out from 8am to 8pm. I'm about to lose my mind.

I just finished a 5 hour standoff with my 4year old, who dumped about 14 million toys all over the living room and refused to pick them up. Having 2 boys, who fight pretty much constantly, a pile of loose toys is just a pile of ammunition to hurl at each other. So asking him to pick them up, him refusing, and finally he told me he wanted to throw them out. So now sitting in our garage is 2 garbage bags of toys, but at least I can walk across the living room without killing myself.

Seriously. So stubborn. And I have little patience, I can't bend over without cramping or urinating on myself, and my ankles and legs are the size of hams. I'm supposed to be taking it easy with my feet up, which is hard to do with your 2 kids think you are their maid servant 24/7.

Tomorrow I have to go for a NST at the hospital. I think if I went today, I'd fail with sadly high BP....

#4 ·
Me too! I am so darn 'done' right now. Not even due til Monday. I don't want to do anything, I dont want to talk to anyone... just done.

It's surprising to me. I was content last time to let baby come when he came and then I got PUPPP which reduced all thought to 'itchy, itchy, scratch, scatch, make it stoooooooppppp!'

So so sick of being pregnant and waiting. Mostly sick of the waiting.

#6 ·
oh man i wish i didnt know what you were all talking about BUT I SO DO!! I am due tomorrow but that means little, never had a single baby before 41 weeks. I feel good because nesting kicked in but its like hyper nesting meaning i just cant stop and relax. I am so grumpy with everyone i wish they could just stop eating for a week so the house would stay clean, stop playing inside so the house would stay clean and toys organized, stop playing outside so clothes would stay clean.........you get the point, i am crazy, nutzo, monster mom!! i look forward to the calming hormones from breastfeeding!!!

#7 ·
I usually do okay in the mornings, but by the afternoons I get grumpier and grumpier. Today, I yelled at my almost 3yo in the car for taking his socks and shoes off (RIGHT before we got to our destination) and made him cry.

#9 ·
I am fine in the morning too but by lunch time tend to lose it. I also yelled at my almost 3 year old today because she was screaming at me over how I made her sandwich. I made her cry and felt really bad. Apologized and she started screaming at me again. SO I had a nap.

#10 ·
I totally came on today to post something similar. I thought my due date was feb 28, and I tend to go over. So I figured sometime in early march. Last week I find out that no, my EDD is really march 8th, which means that I could go until the end of March basically. My oldest will be 6 march 3rd, and then I have a 3.5 and a 1.5 yr old. I am so freakishly uncomfortable its not even funny. It seems like all my kids are doing is throwing stuff around the house and they wont help at all. I mean like my almost 6 and 3 yr old even just putting their shoes in the stupid basket when they come home rather than leaving them all over in random places. my husband is great about helping out when he is home but he has been working so many nights and weekends on top of his regular day job that I hardly ever see him. Its a feat for me to get dressed in the morning let alone everybody else. Plus, My grandma died on sunday and I dont know if I will be able to go to her funeral. She lived three hours away and had been in the hospital for two weeks. I totally went against my midwifes wishes when I went to go see her last friday but I'im really glad I did, because she died the day after I left. Im just angry at everyone and uncomfortable all the time. so yeah, grrrrrr.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by terese17 View Post

I totally came on today to post something similar. I thought my due date was feb 28, and I tend to go over. So I figured sometime in early march. Last week I find out that no, my EDD is really march 8th, which means that I could go until the end of March basically. My oldest will be 6 march 3rd, and then I have a 3.5 and a 1.5 yr old. I am so freakishly uncomfortable its not even funny. It seems like all my kids are doing is throwing stuff around the house and they wont help at all. I mean like my almost 6 and 3 yr old even just putting their shoes in the stupid basket when they come home rather than leaving them all over in random places. my husband is great about helping out when he is home but he has been working so many nights and weekends on top of his regular day job that I hardly ever see him. Its a feat for me to get dressed in the morning let alone everybody else. Plus, My grandma died on sunday and I dont know if I will be able to go to her funeral. She lived three hours away and had been in the hospital for two weeks. I totally went against my midwifes wishes when I went to go see her last friday but I'im really glad I did, because she died the day after I left. Im just angry at everyone and uncomfortable all the time. so yeah, grrrrrr.
hug2.gif
Wow, you've got a lot going on. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I don't blame you for feeling angry...you're not getting enough support, that would make anyone irritable. I hope you get some rest soon...

#13 ·
I'm sorry for your loss, Terese. Hugs to you and your family.

I'm finding it harder and harder to even think of things to do with my kids. I'm 41+ weeks now and when my husband is at school (especially Fridays when he's gone from 8-8) it's SO hard.

We live in Mass so there is still snow everywhere. I have a 4 and a 2 yo. I don't have the energy to take them anywhere, since they are so unruly half the time. I think if I didn't have to break up their fights every 4 seconds. It's only 830am and we've already had to separate them due to a door slamming fight. Ugh.....it's going to be a long day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.