Who thinks they're going to have a Valentine's Day baby? :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I certainly would enjoy having my little one born on a love-filled day love.gif  Anyone feel like they're going to go into labor in the next few days?

#2 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Um, not really.  But there is always hope!  I will be 39 + 2 that day so maybe?  I'll at least have an appt. with my midwife.  Romantic!  LOL!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#3 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Eleanor...that made me laugh! sounds like high romance to me!

i don't think i will, but that's dh & my anniversary as well, so it would actually be the one day that if i got to choose the babe would not be born on...we'd never get to celebrate again! :) but, if it weren't our anniversary, i think that'd be fun!!!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#4 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 PM

It would not be my first choice for a birthday for my baby, but at this point, I'll take it!! I'll be 40+6 on V-day, so it's quite possible that I'll have the baby then. 

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#5 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Yeah, I thought it was funny, the idea of a midwife all up in my nether regions as romantic!  I mean.  Could she at least buy me dinner?  ;-)

Hoping your babe waits a few days at least, Ashley!  Talk about ruining the mood!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#6 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 PM

At this point i'll take any day that is coming up soon!!  sometimes i'll think of a date that sound really good and think "who cares, i just want him to come now!"  my husband thinks i should wait till the 29th since its a leap year and I keep complaining that the baby is going to come out and just keep growing older, this way he would only get a birthday every 4 years!!  ahahhaa.  totally not waiting that long!!  due date is saturday so next week i hope something will start to happen? 

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#7 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:12 PM

I'm staring down possible induction decision on Tuesday so I'm hoping to go in the next day or so. Honestly I don't want the baby born on V-day.

Mostly because we've had a girl name picked out since DS we want to use and I'd feel silly. Its Hannah Love. But if shes born on V-day then the Love name is no longer what I liked about it (a great virtue and nickname) but then a sentiment about the holiday.

BUT between foley catheter and Valentines I'd pick Valentines.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#8 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteleanor View Post

Yeah, I thought it was funny, the idea of a midwife all up in my nether regions as romantic!  I mean.  Could she at least buy me dinner?  ;-)

lol.gif  Seriously...maybe a box of chocolates or some flowers? orngtongue.gif

#9 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post

Eleanor...that made me laugh! sounds like high romance to me!

i don't think i will, but that's dh & my anniversary as well, so it would actually be the one day that if i got to choose the babe would not be born on...we'd never get to celebrate again! :) but, if it weren't our anniversary, i think that'd be fun!!!

ashley

Yeah, I could see how that would be a downer...let's hope you'll be able to still celebrate your anniversary for many years to come! thumb.gif

#10 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

If I give birth on Valentine's Day (which is quite possible given the intense contractions I've been having lately) I might do something cheesy like dress her up like Cupid and take photos lol.gif  I'll just need a little pair of wings and a bow and arrow haha.

#11 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post

If I give birth on Valentine's Day (which is quite possible given the intense contractions I've been having lately) I might do something cheesy like dress her up like Cupid and take photos lol.gif  I'll just need a little pair of wings and a bow and arrow haha.

LOL! Sounds fun to me :)

DD seems to think the baby is coming this weekend so I guess we'll see.

rainbow_mandala likes this.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#12 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM

It's my due date, so my odds are something like 5%.  winky.gif

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#13 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Funny, but I'll be 40w6d which is when my second son was born so maybe.  I mean, it's not like there are THAT many days left - kid's gotta come out sometimes.

I was kind of hoping today, because the date would have been 2-11-2011 which I think is cool. 

Assuming I go before 42 weeks, I pretty much have a 10% chance of having a baby over the next 10 days.... And if I go over 42 weeks, at this size, I'm going to freak out. 

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#14 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 PM

I am 99% positive it won't be me but I hope someone goes around then! That would be cool :)

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#15 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:

ashley

That's our anniversary too, and I feel exactly the same way! I'm hoping this baby will wait until March so we can spread out the celebrations a bit. smile.gif

#16 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM

I'm hopeful, whether I should be or not! This is my first baby so I guess I should expect to go a bit longer than that, but I'll be 39+6 on V day, and I'd be happy with that :) I guess we'll see!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#17 of 19 Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 PM

happy anniversary ellenems!!! happy valentine's day everyone else!!!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#18 of 19 Old 02-15-2011, 12:00 AM

Oh yes!  Happy anniversery Ashley!

#19 of 19 Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:

happy anniversary ellenems!!! happy valentine's day everyone else!!!

Thanks, Ashley! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary too. I'm glad we both made it through without our little ones arriving (or at least I'm assuming you did!). My husband and I won't get a chance to go out and celebrate alone until Saturday, so I'm hoping my baby continues to stay put!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page