Website to send out to relatives:

http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

I put it on my facebook today.  :)

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#62 of 268 Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Home now, we stopped and picked up groceries after work. Contractions are still about 6-8 minutes apart but are becoming a lot more demanding. I'm planning on a shower and heading to bed, if it is labor I need sleep and if it isn't, well, we can start again tomorrow! 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#63 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Fingers crossed lyerae!

Nothing here.  Lost another giant hunk of mucous plug, but no more major contractions.  This is almost as annoying as having NO contractions last time.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#64 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 04:31 AM

Anyone having bouts of semi-intense menstrual cramps?

I only had them once with my second son - the morning I went into labor, I was woken up with them for a few hours and then went into labor that night at 40w6d.

This time, I've had them ALOT.  And they kind of SUCK.  Like at times, certainly not "mild cramps".  if this is how I felt every month before AF, I would be not so happy.  I woke up last night with them again and every time I get a BH contraction (which has been about every 10 minutes) they really get worse.  I feel like this fake laboring for weeks is going to use up all my mental energy for the real thing.

Lyterae - how are you?  holding your baby?  :)

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#65 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Totally Michelle.

Last night was rough.  Fairly intense contractions, every ten minutes all day and then all night.  Finally slept about four hours.  Yawn!  I have been having bloody show so hoping soon?  I was in labor for two days with DD and am not looking forward to that scene again!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#66 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 AM

On call for today:

Grocery shop

Power walk

Sex (if I can get him to do it!)

Labor cookies (why the hell not?)

Spicy food

Maybe an enema?  Ina May makes it sound like the cool thing to do.  LOL!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#67 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

bawling.gifMiserable appointment. She was way focused on me getting swept and then couldn't even find my cervix (and yes I know I did this last time) but baby was also OUT OF MY PELVIS and at a weird angle. WTF???? I"m so miserable right now and don't even know what to think. I currently hate everything and everybody.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#68 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM

No go... I laid down around 11 last night and went to sleep, I know I had a few more contractions during the night but nothing that kept me awake for very long.

Sending labor vibes to the rest of you!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#69 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 06:53 AM

Let's pass around the labor vibe cup!  I'll drink!

That is so hard Sarah.  Big hugs mama.

#70 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Everyone needs a big hug.

I'm wondering, after weeks of on and off contractions if I'll even KNOW I'm in labor?

I mean, I'm sure I'll know when it gets really bad but since my husband is 45 minutes away and the hospital is another 45 minutes away, I kind of need to maybe sort of give a heads up.

Maybe I should just move into the hospital and spend the next week or two being served meals and not cleaning my house.  LOL.  Just the physical exercise of putting on pants and socks makes me out of breath.  Yikes.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#71 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Eleanor-- your enema remark made me laugh..because it's so true! i remember reading ina may many years ago...and she did pass it on as this cool thing to do! ha! smile.gif

yes i think a grouphug.gif is in order! sorry to those mamas particularly having a hard time and ready to be done, done! i hope your babies and bodies decide the time is now! 

on a different note, to give you something to laugh at, my husband imitated my breathing as i'm sleeping this morning as we were standing with his hand on my belly...it was something dark-vaderish...with some wheezing/snorting mixed in! then i'm laughing because he's so right...i woke myself up at one point with my labored/weird breathing...and so i start to laugh. well, his hand is on my belly, so he goes "laugh again!" he gets such a kick of my whole belly rising and falling with my laugh, so then we were standing there laughing with the amazingness (or funniness) of it all! wow. what's so amazing is he's so ready to jump in and do another pregnancy right away so our little guy or gal can have a friend... wow, i'm just like slow down! :) don't you feel how tired i am..and so ready to have my body back for a bit...or at least my belly as i'll be sharing my boobs! shy.gif i remind him i'll be breastfeeding and we might not have fertility around for a quite a while! thumb.gif anyways, these last days are a funny mix of awkwardness and laughs...and cries!

i think that's it for now...we booked our trip to france last night so our little one will be on his first flight to france at about 4 months old...we get to go introduce him/her to his stepbrother and sister! and take our first family vacation with all of us together! wow...my dh is so excited...and i think, lets just get through the birth...and then we'll focus on what kind of fun we'll have! we're debating on renting an rv and touring france, renting a place by the beach, or going to a campsite by the beach...anyways, again, my dh is so excited and i'm like...one day at a time here! wink1.gif i'm so glad i'm with someone with such enthusiasm...but at the moment, all i can deal with is these last days/weeks of pregnancy...and birth! thumb.gif

i think that's all...apparently i felt really chatty this morning...so thanks for hearing me out! hope some little ones are about to make their debuts...

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#72 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 AM

Michelle, I know what you mean about using up the mental energy for the real thing. I've been feeling quite a bit more anxiety about labour the last few weeks than I did in my last pregnancy so when I start thinking "this could be the night" it takes quite a bit to get psyched up for it, trying to get in the right head space...then it's a big let down when it just peters out.

I was still losing plug all day yesterday but no more pattern to the bh contrax. Baby's so low and in a great position, almost completely OA this morning. The pelvic pressure yesterday was really intense. I can't imagine trying to walk around like this for another couple of weeks (I'm only 39 weeks today).

I'm mostly bummed out today because after having what I hoped was a resolution to my platelet issue, two weeks have slipped by and I'm supposed to get them checked again today. Ugh. I thought for sure I'd have the baby before I had to check them again. I'm still taking the chlorophyll but I'm so nervous to get them checked again. I might try to put it off a day or two but I doubt I can push it for too long. And to be honest, I really don't think that putting it off a day or two will help since I'm pretty sure this baby won't come in the mean time. Also, the midwife that I'm hoping is NOT on call for the birth goes back on call this weekend (after 10 days off). This past week would have been a perfect time for baby to come re: platelets and the call schedule.

Anyway, hugs to all you +40wk mamas, I realize that I'm being a bit of whiner, given that my EDD is still a week away (the curse of having an early baby in the past!!).

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#73 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post
again, my dh is so excited and i'm like...one day at a time here! wink1.gif

Ashley, I don't know if that's just a guy thing or what. My dh is often musing about all kinds of stuff in the future...we have to move in May and we have plans to maybe buy a house in a year or two. And I find that I just can't mentally think about anything beyond getting the baby on the outside. Everything after that is this huge question mark in my mind.

Trip to France sounds awesome. I have to say that it might seem daunting, especially as this is your first little one, but I think that's probably a great age baby to take traveling. Babies really are so portable - all you need are boobs, diapers and a sling. And they sleep so much compared to older kids. Going anywhere with a toddler on the other hand...ugh. orngtongue.gif

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#74 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 10:13 AM

I wonder the same thing!!!!  Everyone keeps asking.  I told MIL today we will definately let her know if anything changes (she has been doing daily phone calls checking in).  For now Im still comfortable and sitting around waiting for baby to say its time. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtwinMama View Post

Seriously... what's with the people/family/friends that think you're just going to go off and give birth without letting anyone know????

Today my folks, my inlaws, my boss and several friends have all called me to ask if I had the baby yet. I'm tempted to just stop answering the phone but then I know they'll freak out.

*sigh*

sorry to rant, it's just getting annoying. There are only so many times I can promise I WILL LET THEM KNOW when I'm in labor. duh.gif

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11
#75 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM

Still here....didn't go yesterday (surprise!) Had an appointment with MW today and no changes. Had "the talk" about induction planning. Which I wasn't totally ready to have but seems the policies are even more strict here then I understood. At 41 weeks (next Tuesday) they have to transfer my care to the OB at the local hospital and they will induce. The midwives pick up care again postpartum. If I am willing to travel to a smaller hospital about 1 hour away they can push it to 41+3-possibly 6 and the OB will be more of a consult in the process.

I have already had 2 NST because of decreased fetal movement. I am having an ultrasound on Saturday. DD was induced because of low AFI and was born dry. So we want to avoid that. I really want a natural homebirth and I want to wait for it. BUT I also want a heathly baby. MORE

So here is hoping that something happens between now and then. Feeling really down about all of this-have done a ton of crying today. I just want my body to kick into gear.

In solidarity mamas!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#76 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Hoping, wishing, wishing, hoping for either sleep or a baby tonight.  Please!!!!

#77 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 08:35 PM

It is so refreshing to have others to relate with.I too have been having crazy off and on contractions for weeks now and really wish I could sleep or just have this baby. I hope that my midwife offers to strip my membranes (most likely won't) I am going crazy thinking this is it. I keep telling my self it could still be another week. Due friday 18th. Hope we all feel better soon:)

#78 of 268 Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM

I posted the "Have you had that baby yet?" website on facebook- awesome!!

I had my first mini breakdown tonight. I went 9 days past my EDD with my DD but she was my first and that was easier! It's so much harder to be chasing around a 4yo and 2yo and trying to keep up with the house, etc.

Am I the only one with a SUPER laid back midwife? She doesn't have you schedule your first BPP/NST until 41.5 weeks, and we aren't even entertaining the thought of me having to be induced in the hospital. Apparently the backup OB is perfectly fine with 42w + a few days as long and mom and baby are doing fine. 

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#79 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 AM

hugs to all the mamas who are "overdue" and/or facing induction.

Pollyanna, my midwife is super laid back. She was my midwife during my last birth and we went to one day shy of 43 weeks. We didn't even talk about induction or transferring care but there were no laws forcing us to do so. I don't think she even has a back-up OB and I certainly don't as well.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#80 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

My doctor is more laid back then most - she knows I won't talk induction til 42 weeks.  (The 'usual' here is 10 days, so that the baby is born by the 2 week mark, or something.)

Right now my bigger concern is that baby's head is still jammed in my pelvic bone.  I'm really worried that it's stuck.  I know the rest of it can turn, but I can't seem to budge that little noggin!

Wish me luck!

#81 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 AM

How's everyone doing?

I thought last night was promising...painful, regular contractions that seemed to hurt in my cervix more than normal.  But in the end, I guess it was just the big plate of (vegan) shepherds pie I ate and the literally pound of broccoli I had as well.  Looking back, that's kind of not the meal one should probably eat right before going into labor.  LOL.

I'm wondering if I'll let my midwife strip my membranes today.  I'm on the fence.  I might not even be dilated enough to do it at all.  Ugh.

She might offer to check, considering the next time I'll see her I think I'll be almost 42 weeks.

My husband is off Saturday-Wednesday of next week, so this weekend is GREAT for birthing.

I seem to have a really sturdy cervix so not sure if it will work (I had it done twice before getting induced with my first -i had high BP - and it didn't do anything except hurt).

Michelle ~

#82 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck Michelle!  We seem to have a lot of weekend babies in this DDC - hopefully this weekend will be you!  (And me!)

#83 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 AM

weekend babies are a pretty regular thing in a non-induced state because people tend to be more relaxed on the weekend.

I know for me it's easier for my hubby to take off then so I'm thinking Friday. Recently he's been working 7 days a week for 12+ hours many days so I'm ready for him to be home! Also Friday is a full moon, and there looks to be a pressure change on the radar (rain this weekend with thunderstorms on Sunday) so I'm betting I don't make it past this weekend!

Good luck to all and peaceful loving thoughts. 

I'm relieved I didn't go into labor last night as my house is a WRECK, cleaning it today and figuring out where I could ship my kids away to so that I have a half a chance of keeping it clean.

#84 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

weekend babies are a pretty regular thing in a non-induced state because people tend to be more relaxed on the weekend.

I know for me it's easier for my hubby to take off then so I'm thinking Friday. Recently he's been working 7 days a week for 12+ hours many days so I'm ready for him to be home! Also Friday is a full moon, and there looks to be a pressure change on the radar (rain this weekend with thunderstorms on Sunday) so I'm betting I don't make it past this weekend!

Good luck to all and peaceful loving thoughts. 

I'm relieved I didn't go into labor last night as my house is a WRECK, cleaning it today and figuring out where I could ship my kids away to so that I have a half a chance of keeping it clean.

I think a weekend baby is most likely for us too, I work Monday-Friday and I can't imagine being relaxed enough during the week to actually go into labor.

It is warm today! We're supposed to hit 40 degrees, nearly unheard of for us for February! I'm 39 weeks today and we're headed to visit the midwife this evening.  

#85 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

39 weeks today. Nothing going on. My hips were killing me all night long! 

Planning my ds 2nd b-day party for Saturday... but it's nothing big and I would totally be fine with post-poning for labor....

Speaking of kids, mine are driving me CRAZY! I can definitely sympathize with those of you with little ones. Trying to keep up with the demands of a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old is hard. And the 2 yr old is apparently beginning the terrible two's right on time!

On top of everything else, I am so hormonal I can hardly stand myself. DH took me to dinner on V-day and we had a nice time. Then we decided to go to another place for dessert. He is a high school choir teacher and one of his senior students worked there. She's the captain of his show choir, and I can see why. She has a gorgeous body- flat tummy, big perky boobs, long legs... ugh. She was all happy and flirty with DH and it made me cry. I started bawling at the table. It was horrible, especially since I knew how ridiculous I was being. I just felt so huge and awkward and ... not young (I am only 30, so that's silly). DH was good about it. He knows it's just hormones since that's not like me at all. 

*sigh* This will all be over soon. Even worst-case scenario, I will have the baby within a few weeks, and I can handle anything for a few weeks.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#86 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Yikes, that sounds cold... I'm relieved we got some warm weather- it's 71*F here and we're about to head out the the park to run around and play.

Big hugs to you Corrie, I can totally relate. My kids have been driving me nuts hence I'm getting them out of the house every time weather permits! They are much more tolerable running around a park than running around the house!

#87 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Good luck Michelle!  We seem to have a lot of weekend babies in this DDC - hopefully this weekend will be you!  (And me!)

And me! Let's have another round of a whole bunch of births!!! My "other" due date is today, the one by (unreliable, irregular) cycle dates, the 13th was the one by ultrasound. I've been having a feeling for a while that it would be on the 18th. Who knows?!?! I don't really want to go to my next midwife appt (next Tuesday) and I really don't want to go to the hospital for the NST and all that (next Wednesday). But at the same time I know baby will come when he's supposed to, and to be honest I'm not all that anxious to get him out yet! I feel pretty good overall, tired, but not too uncomfortable. DH is off work now til the 28th so he's helping quite a bit with the kids.

Also today I had a little crying spell over the fact that I won't ever be pregnant anymore. It's not that I'm going to want more kids, I think 3 will be good for me (we were just about ready to have the vasectomy after the first 2 when I got pregnant with this one) but just that I will have to grieve my forever empty belly :( I will let myself feel sad about that but I just hope it doesn't take away from enjoying the new baby once he arrives. I'm trying to look on the bright side- being more active, having more energy, getting back into my clothes & maybe buying new ones but I still think I should allow a bit of time to grieve my child bearing times.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#88 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Not 100% (what is?!)  but *thinking* that tonight might be it?  After two days of 10 minute painful contractions I'm down to five.  Had an adjustment with the chiro and midwife says I'm 5, 80% and bulging waters.  That was this morning.  After we drop the kids I'll make the call to the midwife to meet us or just go home.  We shall see!

#89 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteleanor View Post

Not 100% (what is?!)  but *thinking* that tonight might be it?  After two days of 10 minute painful contractions I'm down to five.  Had an adjustment with the chiro and midwife says I'm 5, 80% and bulging waters.  That was this morning.  After we drop the kids I'll make the call to the midwife to meet us or just go home.  We shall see!

Good Luck! I hope tonight is your night.

I wish my little man would hurry up. but I have a feeling this kid is holding out for the full moon....

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#90 of 268 Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM

I had my NST and US today.  The baby totally failed the first NST because the heart rate was crazy high and would not settle down.  I think because the baby was moving around the entire time and they had me laying almost flat which again caused me to panic with a feeling of not being able to breathe.

So I had the US and appt, my MW said I was 1cm but it was better than Saturday (softer but still higher).  BP was low and I lost 1 pound.  How nice. 

Baby was great on the US, everything healthy which is a relief. 

Back to the hospital for another NST and this time passed with flying colors.

I'm exhausted after all the running around today.

41w2d tomorrow.  We discussed maybe using cervadil to induce next week (42 weeks).  Not sure how I feel about that.  She couldn't even strip my membranes if I wanted to today since I'm not ready enough. 

Hope everyone else is hanging in there - I'm exhausted, must go lay in bed like beached whale....

Michelle ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page