Who's Left? Roll call! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope everyone who is due has a baby this weekend.

I got a call from my doctor's receptionist about 'postdates' at the hospital.  We hadn't discussed that.  We barely discussed anything, she was in such a rush on Tuesday.  greensad.gif I'm really upset about it and feel very disrespected.

Went for a long walk to see if that would get things going, and nothing.

I'm really glad that my husband will be able to go to my next doctor's appt. if we get that far...

But we probably will, and the thought is intolerable.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

finnegansmom, I hope this is it for you!

I'm 40+2 today with NO signs that anything is happening any time soon. I had long early labours with my other 2 so thinking that even when I do start having contractions, they'll go on for a couple days til the baby is born. I have a midwife appt Tuesday so I'll probably get her to do a stretch & sweep if nothing's happening by then. DH is off work til the 28th and he'd really like to spend time with the new baby! However, it has been great having him home to help with the other kids & today he's doing some work on our washroom which has been under reno for a year and a half!!

I would like to have the baby Tuesday, my other kids were born 03/03 & 08/08 so 02/22 works for me :) Who said what about nerdy patterns LOL. Also my preferred midwife (the one who delivered dd) is back on call as of 8am Tuesday. I figure if I assume the baby will be born Tuesday then I won't feel so much like I'm sitting around waiting.

Luckily too, and I can't believe this, is that I still feel really good. Not too uncomfortable, not sleeping too badly. Swinging between wanting to meet my new baby and enjoying the last few days of being pregnant (ever) and being able to concentrate on my other 2 kids.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 PM

i dreamt this morning that i had bloody show...and in the dream i was so excited i told my dh that we were getting closer!!! i wasn't too bummed when i woke up and looked and there was no bloody show! does dreaming it make it closer?!?! 

also in the night, at another intersection of trying to get comfortable and being half asleep i started to feel like i was going to cry...and then i started talking to babe and apologizing for being cranky, and he/she could come on his own time... amazing how i knew even half asleep my pity party wasn't worth it! 

went to the chiropractor this morning to get me through the weekend...and then i think i'll set up some acupuncture for next wednesday...i'm also hoping to get my haircut early next week...need some exciting appointments to keep my mind off when baby's coming! and hey, might as well feel and look as good as possible at this point! nothing like a good haircut to make me feel like a new woman!

i hope to see lots of birth posts this weekend. go mama's, come on babies!!! :)

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

40w+2d here.  Had some bloody show/discharge with some crampy contractions while trying to sleep.  Of course nothing has happened while Ive been awake.   I feel fine but I am ready to meet my little guy.  Plus people are driving me nuts "have you had the baby yet?  .." along with a lot of other comments.  We have a snow storm coming tomorrow/monday with up to 6 inches of snow and some sleet.  Id love to have him before that mess starts.  I have an appointment for NST monday morning and that will not be a fun drive. 

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11
Old 02-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Big grouphug.gif to all of us still pregnant and very ready to get the show on the road!!  My contractions have been all over the place and all different levels of intensity irked.gif  It's starting to get really old, but I'm hanging in there.  I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not due for another week lol.gif  Physically and emotionally it feels like my due date was a week or two ago.  One day at a time!!  I need to get a massage...I think that will help.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 PM

Sitting here with tears in my eyes because I'm so ready to be done and holding my baby in my arms. I never thought I would be this late. I'm 100% sure of my dates, and we used the latest EDD possible.

41+4 today

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

grouphug.gif To all of us!  I walked two Farmer's markets this morning.  Nothing.  So I got my eyebrows done and booked a pedicure for Monday!

ETA:  That way, if I don't go in the next few days, at least I'll have something to look forward too!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Walked the entire zoo today with DH and the twins. The girls had a blast. they're pretty tired of being cooped up in the house with mama all week...

all that walking and still nothing. no contractions, not even BHs. I keep talking to the little guy, telling him to hurry. Mama does not want to have the repeat csection talk with the OB on tuesday.

grouphug.gif to everyone. I hope some babies make a weekend appearance!

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM

I keep flipping between being totally at peace with being pregnant for a while longer and completely nuts. walked the kids to the park and tried my best to run up and down the dirt hills of the bmx moguls some kids built in the back 40. Now I'm thinking of opening a beer and taking a hot bath with my kids Mr. Bubbles, anyone ever tried getting a little drunk as an eviction method?

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 02-19-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

I keep flipping between being totally at peace with being pregnant for a while longer and completely nuts. walked the kids to the park and tried my best to run up and down the dirt hills of the bmx moguls some kids built in the back 40. Now I'm thinking of opening a beer and taking a hot bath with my kids Mr. Bubbles, anyone ever tried getting a little drunk as an eviction method?

I'm with you, I keep trying to make plans this week because I'm counting on still being pregnant and then it hits me that I could really still be pregnant NEXT weekend too. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 PM

No sign of baby wanting to come yet, although my due date still isn't even for 8 more days. DH is playing in a disc golf Ace Race this weekend, so this morning I got up and took the kids to a few yard sales, the park and then the zoo. I'm so bummed it's looking like it'll be a while longer. Both my other girls were born on Saturdays so I figure this little one might want to keep up the trend and it'll be next Saturday or the one after. So don't want to go back to work Tuesday!

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 PM

woohoo bloody show!

been having mucous everywhere for a week, but this is the first twinged with blood. 

Old 02-19-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Woohoo! echospiritiwarrior!  ELV's heading your way!

I could really still be pregnant next weekend too, but I really really hope not!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:56 PM

I certainly hope not either twinkle!

Love to all of us left waiting!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:

woohoo bloody show!

been having mucous everywhere for a week, but this is the first twinged with blood. 

joy.gif  That is a very promising sign!!  Sending lots of ELVs your way... goodvibes.gif

Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM

yay! i got my first taste of "baby's not going to be in there forever" tonight! so excited! my dh and i dtd this afternoon and i had cramps and back cramps for several hours after...we'd left the house after because we had no food, but they were strong enough for me to say, we've got to hurry this up, i need to be at home. i just wanted to be at home in a squat or child's pose, but when i got home, i first took a bath and still felt them in the bath...though they've seemed to calm down now.

so exciting...it's the first time i've felt that maybe pregnancy won't go on forever! :) 

echospiritwarrior-- so excited for you! i was dreaming of that bloody show...glad somebody got it! 

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 AM

Those are positive signs Echo and Ashley!  The end is in sight!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM

Hi!  Just wanted to let you all know I finally had my baby at 41w4d.  Needed a little medical boost to jumpstart everything but once it started, it went quickly on its own.

I posted the birth story on the main page.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there....!!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 02-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Still here. I did have bloody show this morning!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 PM

I had a Blessingway last night and I think I finally feel ready to give birth. I have been struggling with some fear or ambivalence about going through labour for a fourth time. I really drew strength from the women in attendance last night. WE all are part of a homeschool co-op together and I am so thankful I met them. 

No impending signs but we did a belly cast and I didn't realize how HUGE I am until looking at it from a different angle! LOL

I find myself looking forward to birth more now. I am enjoying being pregnant though. DH had a vasectomy in December so we know for sure this is the last one!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post

I had a Blessingway last night and I think I finally feel ready to give birth. I have been struggling with some fear or ambivalence about going through labour for a fourth time. I really drew strength from the women in attendance last night. WE all are part of a homeschool co-op together and I am so thankful I met them. 

No impending signs but we did a belly cast and I didn't realize how HUGE I am until looking at it from a different angle! LOL

I find myself looking forward to birth more now. I am enjoying being pregnant though. DH had a vasectomy in December so we know for sure this is the last one!

I'm happy to hear your Blessingway helped put you in a positive space for birthing orngbiggrin.gif  I also am just starting to realize how big I am from the pictures I had taken of me today...after the birth, I'm sure I will look back on these pictures and think, "OMG, how was I ever that large?!?!" lol.gif

Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 AM

well this weekend didn't work for me despite the positive signs... 

sheesh I can't believe how much mucous actually hangs out in there! 

Hubby has to be gone 5-6 hours this morning (work around 2 hours away) and our girls are with their grandmother. I'll be resting up getting ready for the journey that is to unfold.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the weekend was a bust for me too.  Officially 41 weeks today. 

I'm starting to get all Klingon about this birth - "Today would be a good day to have a baby!"

Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

I'm still  here too. I will be 40 wks on Wednesday. I hate feeling like the two week deadline is looming! Once I get to 42 weeks we will have to talk induction... and being a VBAC means there are only a couple options to use for that. I am hoping that if it gets to that my OB will let me wait to induce until 42wks 5days at least. My mom will have a heart attack (she fully supports elective induction at 39 weeks and believes my baby will be too big to birth). Oh well. I admit that I have a little fear going that long even though women do it all the time.

BUT... trying to stay very positive and keep that negative fear from lingering in my mind. If I just keep thinking: "I WILL go into labor on my own. I WILL go into labor on my own..." then it WILL happen... right?

Let's get birthing!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 02-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry echo, I was hoping for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

I'm starting to get all Klingon about this birth - "Today would be a good day to have a baby!"

LOL - I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post

I'm still  here too. I will be 40 wks on Wednesday. I hate feeling like the two week deadline is looming! Once I get to 42 weeks we will have to talk induction... and being a VBAC means there are only a couple options to use for that. I am hoping that if it gets to that my OB will let me wait to induce until 42wks 5days at least. My mom will have a heart attack (she fully supports elective induction at 39 weeks and believes my baby will be too big to birth). Oh well. I admit that I have a little fear going that long even though women do it all the time.

BUT... trying to stay very positive and keep that negative fear from lingering in my mind. If I just keep thinking: "I WILL go into labor on my own. I WILL go into labor on my own..." then it WILL happen... right?

Let's get birthing!

I'm 40 weeks on Wednesday also, also a VBAC. On Wednesday when I see the midwife if I'm still pregnant we'll be talking about doing a membrane strip to see if we can get anything going... I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, it was the first step in interventions for my last birth (it technically didn't work though - I had SROM 4 days afterwards) and I'm scared to start down that path again.

Contractions for most of the day yesterday, my hips ache, and the sharp stabbing pains in my cervix are getting really frustrating. Just hoping that it means that stuff is happening! I'm also back at work today and I'm rather disapointed about that, especially when it means that everyone at the office is commenting on how I'm "still pregnant". My m-i-l does not have phone service at her new house, so she has decided that she will just call us every night to find out if we've had a baby yet. I'm very tempted to just turn my phone off, because I don't think I can deal with daily calls to remind me that I'm still pregnant.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM

grouphug.gif to all of us still pregnant! :) we're doing great!

echospiritwarrior-- sounds like a great idea to have the day to yourself! what a treat...i hope you live it up...mucus and all!!!

twinklefae-- i like your attitude! i'm actually saying, today is not a good day...but just for 2 more days... i actually did say that this weekend, but tomorrow is a big day business-wise, so i'll take that mantra back up on wednesday! one of these days, we'll both be right! hug2.gif

and big hugs to those mamas who are 40 weeks and vbac...i feel pretty relaxed being 40 weeks tomorrow, but i certainly wouldn't want deadlines looming overhead...i'm thinking of you. hug2.gif

as for 40 weeks...i've been counting our new week every monday, but the official due date we chose is tomorrow, so i think i'll go with 40 weeks tomorrow!!! yippee! i've been having the talk with babe every day that he/she can come whenever ready! :) tomorrow is a big business day ( as previously stated) but wednesday i have a haircut, and i've called the acupuncturist...i'm hoping she can get me in wednesday afternoon...it really helped my restless leg (didn't have hardly a twitch for a week) and she can start the help labor along if baby's ready points! my husband asked me this morning when i thought baby would come and i said i think we have another week to go, but i'm hoping not two. i woke up this morning feeling quite grateful...just really savoring the day with three cats snuggled up to me and me to my dh. we talked about how long the journey's been and how amazing it is. we are both so excited to meet our little one!!! last night, my dh was about to jump out of his skin with excitement, so i made him listen to my calm birth cd last night with me. i could just see his energy jumping up and down inside of himself...and i said, you can do whatever you want after, but you have to listen with me for 20 minutes! we both fell asleep, as the babe was moving all around...it was really nice. you'd think it was his first with how pumped he is! but i just needed a little more calm...so, i'm glad he took to my command! :) (that was his word...command!) thumb.gif

i think that's about it! i was excited to see we had a valentine's day...and so since we didn't have a huge weekend rush...it must be that they're all waiting for a big mid-week rush! lets get busy opening and birthing babes and mamas!

ashley

Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 AM

I was just coming to post and ask if its normal to have gobs and gobs of snotty mucus coming out along with plug pieces.  What a mess yikes2.gif.  Had quite a few crampy contractions last night but they were never closer than 10-15 mins apart and then stopped.  Only had a couple this morning and a couple while sleeping.   I'll try to stay optomistic and think that all this prelabor stuff might lead up to things moving quickly when the real time comes.  I have my NST later this afternoon.  I changed the time thanks to the snow storm. 

Quote:

Hubby has to be gone 5-6 hours this morning (work around 2 hours away) and our girls are with their grandmother. I'll be resting up getting ready for the journey that is to unfold.

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM

Sounds like a good sign, with all that mucous!

My due date we chose (because I wasn't sure when I ovulated exactly but I know when we DTD so we went with a date five days after that) is on Friday. I still wonder if I will have a February or March baby.

I had an appt. this morning and when I came back DH had taken the kids to the gym and now he is taking them out for lunch! SO the house is quiet. I just ate and now I am going to enjoy a big bowl of ice cream and then I am going to clean up. I know the baby is coming soon because I am being obsessive about keeping the house neat and presentable. My freezer, fridge and pantry are FULL, my house is clean, my birthing necklace is ready, my belly cast is done... I just need the baby!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I'm in the same space you are it sounds, everything is ready to go, and I freak out if things are out of place or unpresentable. The latest due date I could possibly have is tomorrow. I've passed up my other two (one my MW is going by and the ultrasound edd). So really I too could have a march baby, but darn it my first came EARLY (well, 39 weeks on the dot) and then my second was nearly a 42 weeker- how did my uterus get to be so much more cozy after number one?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:58 PM

i know i'm going to regret this tonight when i can't get comfortable...but today, all i have the energy to do is lay in bed...sleepy, sleepy. greensad.gif

User Tag List