Who's Left? Roll call! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hoping upnorthmama is holding her baby today.

AND popping in to encourage you guys still hanging out here. Soon, ladies, soon. Don't feel lonely. I'm checking this thread regularly to see how you're all doing and sending ELVs to all of you!

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#182 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM

Bloody show! Yay Ashley!

I am due tomorrow or Friday. But I think I am now going to have a March baby. 

Twinklefae, PassionateMama (?) is 42 week I think.

Hey, the best news is that in three weeks all of us should have our babies!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#183 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 PM

I'm due Friday, and still hanging in there.  Had a check yesterday (I was all right with it).  A bit dilated and 50% effaced.

Lost my MP a few days ago...having BH's about half a dozen times a day...

Just ready for this little baby to come out already!  :)

Going to try some spicy Chinese to entice the little bugger to come out!

#184 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I hit the hospital today for a NST and BPP. Baby is fine and we're cleared of appts and worry til Monday! Hopefully baby will come soon. I am 1cm dilated and about 30% effaced. She tried to do a sweep but obviously didn't get far. Lots of digging around though, which seems to have set off lots of cramps. Hopefully that means soon!

(didn't hit submit an hour ago)

Bloody show!  I think this is it!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#185 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM

Yay Twinklefae! ELV coming your way!

#186 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM

oh lots of action around here. looks like this thread will dwindle really quickly.

My 41 week appt yesterday went really well. She started me on cohash tinctures today and tomorrow and I have to move on to the dreaded castor oil by Friday morning if there is still no baby yet. Hope the herbs do it.

Happy birthing everyone- can't wait to hear all the lovely stories!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#187 of 268 Old 02-23-2011, 04:34 PM

I come on here once in a while. Today is my due date, and I'm still pregnant! I really haven't been impatient though, and am trying to enjoy the positives of only having one child a little bit longer. My house is much cleaner than it has been in a long time, though I can still find things to do! Went for a 30 min walk with my 3 year old tonight, felt BH stronger during it, but they subside as soon as I sit.

I figure I'm having a March baby, but we'll see.

April. Homeschooling mama who is living for balance in life.

~Live simply...so others may simply live.~

#188 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Didn't go last night, but had more bloody show, so hopefully within the next day or so.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#189 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 AM

Well, baby is head down, though not engaged as I'd hoped, and they estimated his weight as 8 lbs., 14 oz., which I take with a grain of salt. My amniotic fluid levels are high, which helps explain how he had so much room to be flipping until 39 weeks. High amniotic fluid level was the excuse the OB gave me for insisting on induction with DD at 41w6d; given that none of the dreadful side effects that can come of it actually occured in that pregnancy or so far in this, I think it's just an idiosyncracy and I'm not terribly concerned; hopefully my midwife won't be, either.

Still no labor signs, though the BH have gotten more uncomfortable, they're still very erratic. I've started getting a few at night and when lying down, and always when I try and walk anywhere, but if I'm at rest they're only every few hours so hardly encouraging.

We got about half the cookie dough from DD's enrichment program fundraiser delivered; the rest is still sitting in the cooler in the car, but should either fit into the fridge or be deliverable later today (2 people in the neighborhood didn't answer the door, one we ran out of steam for going to, and the rest of the sales were to SCA friends who I'll see Tuesday if the baby doesn't come; otherwise I'll tell them to come see the baby and they can have their cookie dough when they get here, or they'll just have to wait a few weeks!)

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#190 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I thought something was starting this morning, but I guess it was just a false alarm. I had a lot of cramping and 3 or 4 painful contrax that didn't feel like BH. They weren't regular, but I still thought....

Oh well. 

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

#191 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Still no regular contractions, but off and on back pain, and lost the rest of my mucous plug in a giant gross lump. 

#192 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM

Thinking of all of you.  Sending you good thoughts!!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#193 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Still no regular contractions, but off and on back pain, and lost the rest of my mucous plug in a giant gross lump. 

I hope that things pick up for you soon :hug:

AFM : We had our appointment with the midwife yesterday and I did decide to get an internal exam, she is more than willing to wait on the baby so long as we both are doing well. I just wanted to know so that next week if I'm still pregnant we have a better idea of what progress(if any) has been made. I think it would make it easier to make a decision on what interventions we would be okay with, etc.. Baby is still LOA and nice and low, my blood pressure has come down since last week, measuring 41 weeks now, and my weight has dropped. She thinks it will be soon, but of course there really isn't any way to know for certain.

The hardest part right now is dealing with everyone else who wants to know why I'm not being induced and asking why I'm still pregnant and just overall driving me crazy.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#194 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post

I thought something was starting this morning, but I guess it was just a false alarm. I had a lot of cramping and 3 or 4 painful contrax that didn't feel like BH. They weren't regular, but I still thought....

Oh well. 

yeahthat.gif  I had that, too, this morning and yesterday...I'm just about done getting my hopes up.  I have a feeling as soon as I do, labor will start orngtongue.gif

#195 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

lyterae, that's exactly how I feel.  I personally could wait, if only everyone else would leave me alone!

r_m and cagnew, hopefully those twinges turn to something real soon!

#196 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM

lyterae, I'm with you on wishing people would stop being so impatient on my behalf! I just didn't bother answering a text from someone at work asking, and was frankly rather grumpy with my mom, while I've completely ignored my MIL... I sympathize with DD's impatience, but anyone outside our household just gets on my nerves when they ask.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#197 of 268 Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 PM

I've been asked to take castor oil in the am but things began 'moving' along very loosely on their own tonight. Hope I can get in a good nap and not have to make my "get it going" milkshake by morning.

#198 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 12:51 AM

I’m out. we have a BOY! born accidental unassisted into his father’s arms 12:33am Feb 25th 9lbs 4oz

Banana731 likes this.

#199 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Wow, congrats Echo!!     I can't wait to read the birth story!!  Enjoy your babymoon!

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#200 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 AM

joy.gif congrats echospiritwarrior! welcome little one!...look forward to seeing and hearing more! 

grouphug.gif to those almost there!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#201 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 05:15 AM

Congrats!

I also had my baby and we had an accidental UC too. LOL About 25 minutes from start to finish. I will start a new thread with details.

#202 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

YAY! CONGRATS to ECHO and SPATULAGIRL!!!!! I can't wait to hear the birth stories!

I am going to be all alone on here soon. Still feeling crampy off and on, but nothing even remotely regular. Thinking of walking (and walking) today and maybe trying an enema. I can't tell if the crampiness is from her position (she's very low) or if it's just things trying to start very slowly.

Good luck to everyone left. Hope this weekend is full of babies (my own included).

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

#203 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravin View Post

lyterae, I'm with you on wishing people would stop being so impatient on my behalf! I just didn't bother answering a text from someone at work asking, and was frankly rather grumpy with my mom, while I've completely ignored my MIL... I sympathize with DD's impatience, but anyone outside our household just gets on my nerves when they ask.

Yup, DD is getting impatient but I can understand that. The random people/friends/family that are telling me to "hurry up" are the ones that I'm having to bite my tongue around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

I’m out. we have a BOY! born accidental unassisted into his father’s arms 12:33am Feb 25th 9lbs 4oz

Woo! I can't wait to hear the story, it sounds like things picked up quickly!

AFM: I don't know how I could have ANY mucous plug left after the gobs of it I lost last night. I was half tempted to show DH. I've been up since about 4:30 this morning with on and off again contractions. I'm at work for the day, hoping for an excuse to go home!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#204 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post

Congrats!

I also had my baby and we had an accidental UC too. LOL About 25 minutes from start to finish. I will start a new thread with details.

Congratulations! My goodness fast labors/births! I'm not sure my DH is prepared for that. :)

#205 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats to the newly delivered.

I'm still here.  Waiting and waiting and waiting. 

#206 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Congrats to the newly delivered.

I'm still here.  Waiting and waiting and waiting. 

:hug:

#207 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM

I'm still here. I had a second S&S this morning, and am feeling crampy, but have also felt like that for the past few days. I was due on the 23rd. I'm starting to get uncomfortable and have been really patient up until now, but I'd kind of like to give birth soon!

April. Homeschooling mama who is living for balance in life.

~Live simply...so others may simply live.~

#208 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM

Wow, echo and spatulagirl, can't wait to read your stories!

Everyone else still hanging in- hope you are moving along, staying as comfortable as you can. Soon, mamas, soon!!!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#209 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm still here.  Today is the due date, but no new signs of impending labour or birth.

#210 of 268 Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 PM

I'm still here too.... my due date isn't until Sunday. Since both my girls were born on Saturdays I'm figuring it'll be this Saturday or next. Hoping for this Saturday!!! Today is my last day of work before my maternity leave starts. Yippeeeee! :) lol. So tired of working/being pregnant!

The house is a complete disaster, although when I came home yesterday my hubby had started on some major cleaning and was like "we have got to get this place organized before the baby comes!" Well, I'm hoping he has the energy to do it because I don't!

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page