Who's Left? Roll call! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

Just stopping in and sending labor vibes to everyone still waiting.

Benjamin Andrew arrived yesterday, born at home in the water. 8lbs, 5ozs. We're both doing well. Birth story and pictures later.

joy.gif Congrats, lyterae!! I can't wait to read the story and see pictures...enjoy your little guy love.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll be at 41 weeks tomorrow. Looks like this little guy decided to be born in March. Sigh. Went for a couple of walks today, and am going to bust out the RRL tea. Walking makes my uterus just clench up almost nonstop. I doubt it's particularly productive, but it's quite uncomfortable. I feel like a ticking time bomb. Another week and the ND has to refer me to an OB, and I can kiss homebirth and probably VBAC goodbye...

I've never in my life so WANTED something uncomfortable/painful to just happen already! I get excited when contractions go 10 min. apart...but they always stop again after an hour or so...

Congrats on the new baby yesterday!

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM

Congratulations on all the February babies!

Today is 41 weeks 4 days for me and now we're in March!

Had my membranes lightly stripped yesterday and started with black cohosh.  Still no labor. :(

Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

so much for a Feb baby.... i guess my lil lady wants to be an irish girl. (she is part irish). husband is getting more frusturated than i am. i am going to be 41 weeks tomorrow. contractions are getting strong but still wayyyyy far apart. not sure if i should get induced. i hope things go well at the dr's tomorrow with a checkup. personally it feels like she's running out of room. my ribs hurt.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 AM

40 weeks 2 days here. My ribs are killing me too. I'm just hoping to deliver before Monday, since my doc doesn't want to let me go past 40w1d. Hurry up and get out baby!

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

Old 03-01-2011, 02:25 PM

40 weeks 4 days.  Contractions yesterday that petered out overnight.  A few today.  Got an appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll be going to/past 42 weeks if it takes that long, as at my first ultrasound (dating ultrasound) the baby measured 6 days behind.  :)

Definitely a March bday, though!  That would make the 5th March bday in my family.  My dad, great-grandpa, older brother and husband all have March bdays.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM

Still waiting here, too...over my due date now, wondering if this is actually going to happen or if I'm going to be pregnant forever lol.gif  I get dramatic when I'm being pushed to my limits orngtongue.gif

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM

I really think I might be pregnant forever! lol. Walked around 2 stores, took the kids to the zoo, and played some disc golf today. All it accomplished was to make my feet hurt! When we were driving home my four year old said "Mom I hate walking! We walked way too much today." lol. At least it wore the kiddos out. Now just chillin', waiting for yet another day to go by with nothing happening! At least when I was working I had more to keep my mind occupied. I can't seem to relax enough to enjoy the time off because I keep worrying about the doctor inducing at my appointment coming up on Monday.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck to all who are still waiting - hopefully the threat of induction works for you too!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM

Still here. Off to my midwife appt in a few minutes.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravin View Post

Still here. Off to my midwife appt in a few minutes.

I hope your appt went well!  Still belly.gif here, too...

Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 AM

The appointment did go well. I've started taking evening primrose oil and black cohosh in hopes of getting things going. If I don't go into labor by next week's appointment, it'll be transfer of care time and I can kiss the homebirth goodbye.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 AM

I'm still here.  I was due February 21 and I'll be 42 weeks on Monday. 

Mom to a 2.5 girlie and a new one in late February/early March
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM

ravin-- really rooting for your homebirth..

grouphug.gif to everyone still waiting...you're almost there!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 AM

Mustered the energy to actually cook this evening, then went for a short walk to walk DD home from a friend's house. On the walk, which as expected gave me a nonstop contraction the entire walk, it actually started to HURT on the way home. After dinner and getting DD to bed, I started keeping track of contractions, which seem to come now regardless of position I'm in and be strong enough to hurt a little bit. Unfortunately, they're still quite irregular in timing...

I'm going to bed as soon as the documentary I'm watching is over. I've been on a total documentary kick the last few days. I've watched Babies, The Business of Being Born, 8: The Mormon Proposition, Food, Inc., Blood of My Blood, Bi the Way, and now I'm watching Who Are the DeBolts?.

I rather love Netflix streaming...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 AM

I'm out! Daria Eden was born 3/2/11. WOOHOO! Good luck everyone who is still waiting!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 AM

So are there only three of us left?

I didn't sleep very well last night; kept waking up with hot flashes.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Still here.  Still waiting.  Lots of contractions and mucous but no real labor.  Trying to stay positive.  They will induce me Monday morning.  I'm 42 weeks today.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM

I'm still very much pregnant...been feeling very emotional and having stronger contractions but still nothing regular.  I'm probably going to be the last one in this DDC to give birth, but that's okay...someone has to be winky.gif  I've also been watching quite a few netflix watch instantlys...they definitely help pass the time. 

Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Still pregnant.  41 weeks today.  I'll be induced on Wednesday if no baby before then.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 PM

I'm still here too.  My midwife checked me today, 3 cm 50%  although with my last one I went another two weeks like this. We'll see what happens. 

Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 PM

I think I'm in labour...

Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narmowen View Post

I think I'm in labour...

ELV goodvibes.gif hug2.gif

Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM

Woot! Go Narmowren!

I dragged DD along on a 2 1/2 hour grocery shopping trek in Wal-Mart yesterday after I picked her up from her enrichment program. Walking around actually didn't get uncomfortable until about the last half an hour before we checked out. I spent half our food stamps in one blow, stocking everything up so we won't have to go again for a while. It's the store where I work, so I got plenty of "not yet?'s" and "when you going to have that baby?"

But I also know who the fastest cashiers are, so I got out of there with a cart and a half of groceries, about 3/4 of which was ad matched and included a WIC check for produce, in near record time.

I've started timing contractions whenever I'm sitting down with the computer. They're still not regular, but more frequent, regardless of whether I'm sitting or moving, so maybe SOMETHING is happening?

I bought castor oil today, too. If I'm not in labor by bedtime Saturday, I'm going to use it. Not looking forward to that, but it's a last ditch effort before having to face a last office visit with my midwife and calling the OB to set up an appt. with her.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm chickening out on the castor oil, at least tonight. I have been having a lot more contractions today, and while most of the day they didn't seem particularly regular, the last couple of hours they've been coming every 4-6 min. I'm hoping this is a good sign. I also didn't sleep very well last night--it didn't seem to be from being overhot or my bladder, so it could well have been contractions waking me up.

Send me good labor vibes, I really need them!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 AM

Good Luck Ravin!!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Good Luck Ravin - the threat of in duction worked for DD, hopefully it works for you too!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Will be soon for me...I predict today or tomorrow.  I had a lot of contractions that I had to breathe through last night, so my body is definitely gearing up for the real thing.  Lots of ELVs to you, Ravin (if you haven't given birth already) and for the few others who are still waiting hug2.gif

User Tag List