Who's Left? Roll call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since, while I'm very happy for the latest flood of babies (what is it with Friday night around here - that's two in a row we've got slammed on!) I feel like this:  bawling.gif

Come and keep me company! 

Who else is left?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM

Me! Feeling restless these days, there isn't anything left to do to get ready. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#3 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Me!  Cleaning, again, today.  You know, just in case today is the day.  Yeah right!

I am feeling pretty patient.  Until he kick my ribs and rams my cervix at the same time that is.  redface.gif

I'm at 39 weeks today.  We'll see if I'm ready to inact project Stripping of the Membrames For Mostly Selfish Reasons on Friday. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#4 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 AM

I am due on Monday. Have a midwife appointment scheduled for Tuesday and am going for the stretch and sweep if nothing has happened by then.

Hang in there mamas our times are coming!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#5 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Not due for a couple of weeks, but I'm feeling like I could go at any time...keep having intense contractions every day but they're always sporadic irked.gif  Everything is technically done but I would like to vacuum and do a few chores that I keep putting off because of lack of energy...blah.

#6 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Still here! My due date is February 25 and I don't think I will go early. More than likely I will go into March a bit or close to it.

My midwife said her other February moms-to-be both went a week early on the exact same day and their labour started the exact same way. Now they are just waiting for me. I told them not to hold their breath LOL

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#7 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 01:49 PM

I was due the 8th....

Had my first NST today and the baby was completely freaking out, wouldn't stop kicking and moving and it took them forever to get a baseline heart rate.

At first my BP was high but then it came back down, I think because they had my laying on my back which made it hard for me to breath.

Bad news is the baby is no longer engaged.  MW said I have so much fluid (I was measuring 45 weeks, last week...) that the baby seems free to move around and that's what it did.

Ugh.  Trying to be optimistic but have another NST and an US scheduled for Wednesday.  Hopefully things will happen before then....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#8 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

I'm still here too. Not due till 2-23. I swore I wouldn't get impatient this time around but... AHHHHH! I am READY. I was having contrax last night for a long time, but not having them now. It's hard to not get excited when that happens, and disappointed when it stops. Oh well, what can you do?

Michelle- I hope your baby engages and stays put soon! 

Rainbow: I hear you on the lack of energy! I wanted to shampoo the rug but the thought of renting the machine and dragging it around and so on is just too much. I also wanted to paint my bedroom, but that certainly isn't going to happen! It's a chore just to throw together something for dinner!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#9 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm still here. I won't be online after Sunday, though, because we're off to Estrella War. We'll be back on the 21st, which is the day before my due date, unless, of course, I go into labor, in which case I'll come back sooner!

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#10 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 PM

I'm still here - due the 20 or 22. My last baby was born at 37w2d so we ended up getting ready early just in case and now we're stuck waiting. I don't mind the waiting for baby exactly but I'm so exhausted and suffering from SPD (or PSD or whatever the acronym is...orngtongue.gif) and having a hard time with the other two kids that every weekend I just dread having to spend another whole week home alone with them. I keep hoping I'll have the baby so that dh can stay home with us.

I'm feeling like the baby is never going to come...

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#11 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post

I'm still here - due the 20 or 22. My last baby was born at 37w2d so we ended up getting ready early just in case and now we're stuck waiting. I don't mind the waiting for baby exactly but I'm so exhausted and suffering from SPD (or PSD or whatever the acronym is...orngtongue.gif) and having a hard time with the other two kids that every weekend I just dread having to spend another whole week home alone with them. I keep hoping I'll have the baby so that dh can stay home with us.

I'm feeling like the baby is never going to come...

Same story here, I'm due the 23rd. DD came at 37w5d so we were prepared early and now... Well, I'm really hoping that I go into labor so I don't have to go back to work on Monday.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#12 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm here too! My due date is tomorrow (by ultrasound) or Wednesday (by unreliable cycle dates) so hoping something starts happening in the next couple of days.

I'm only just starting to get uncomfortable, sore and so.frickin.tired I'm like a zombie. I sleep A LOT. And lay around a lot. And feel bad for not being able to play with the kids or even read to them for very long because I get uncomfortable staying in one position for too long. They have been great though, totallly understanding and really good at playing by themselves or with each other & letting me rest. I have been cranky a few times with them & apologized & ds says "it's ok mom, it happens to everyone" happytears.gif

Luckily DH is now off work til the 28th so baby can come anytime!!! I still can't believe I'm having another baby though LOL

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#13 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

SO glad to find friends!  grouphug.gif I suffered from PUPPP last time (an itchy rash all over your belly) so I didn't have this gradual collapse into being done.  I'm not sure what to feel or what to do with myself.

What are you all doing to keep busy?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#14 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Since, while I'm very happy for the latest flood of babies (what is it with Friday night around here - that's two in a row we've got slammed on!) I feel like this:  bawling.gif

Come and keep me company! 

Who else is left?

Although I have felt great this entire pregnancy, and SWORE not to get impatient until at least 41 weeks, I have been in this boat the last few days! I am 39+4 and feeling all this pressure of family trying to make plans to visit from out of state and DH trying to decide whether we can make plans to go to dinner, etc. - like I need to hurry up and have him by a certain time, to accommodate everyone else's schedules!! Ridiculous, I know, but it's how I feel and it's making me crazy!!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#15 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Still here.
Due 2/22

Baby is so low and the pressure in my pelvis is intense... it hurts to sit.   *ouch* Had some bloody show on Tuesday but nothing since then.

Trying to stay busy with some last minute crochet/crafting projects to pass the time since the craft swap was a fail (for me at least). Also trying to entertain my almost 2 yr old twins who have suddenly become super clingy and want to be in my lap all the time.

We're all getting over a cold here, hoping little man stays put for at least another week to give everyone time to get healthy.

Glad to see there are others still pregnant! Although I love seeing all the new pictures of all the babies... stillheart.gif

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#16 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 PM

Still here although I mostly only lurk these days... 

MW has me due Tuesday the 15th and the ultrasound had the 20th and I figured the 22nd based my thermal shift charting waaaay back when. I was firmly stuck on the 22nd as my edd until I hit 37 weeks since I've been contracting steadily and noticeably since mid-January. I figure since I have a whole week of time to spare from my figuring I'm going to count Tuesday as week 39 all over again in lieu of 40 and going...

my first was born at 39 weeks on the dot and my second at 41+ something or other... I really, really wanted this one to be more on the early side. 

Baby's been really engaged for weeks but fluid is still quite high. Could be tonight, could be in two weeks. Trying to stay positive, not being patient enough with the end of this pregnancy nor with my other two children :(

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#17 of 268 Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 PM

I'm still here. Not due til the 27th, but I'm with Lyterae and wish I'd just have the baby so I don't have to go back to work Monday either!

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#18 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 AM

I'm tempted to make a trip to Hobby Lobby to see if I can find a craft project to entertain myself with. I'm bored and I can't seem to focus on anything.

#19 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 AM

i'm so glad to see so many feb. 22nd mamas! alas, i'm not alone in the wait! :) i guess that's not to nice to say, but it's nice to feel. i'll actually be surprised if we go before march ( i don't mind happy surprises like that though! hint, hint babe!), but i'm mostly good with that. i have myself been cranky, and found myself apologizing for being grumpy to dh, but that's really been in the evening/nights, when i'm overly tired and trying to get comfortable in bed! :) particularly when he's trying to snuggle and i feel too crowded... :( in the days, i'm still doing good...but also have varying degrees of tired. 

on the question of what to do to occupy time....trying to have an appointment/meeting a day...still working, napping, reading more, not cleaning! :) i figure cleaning can be my early labor project! thumb.gif and working through anything birth related that i feel needs to be done to help prepare for a smooth birth, i think i'll pull out the art supplies this week and do some birth drawings...oh yeah, and putting off talking with family who seems to think babe should already be here...when i haven.t even reached the edd! seriously!?

the good news...february is a short month!

the bad news...then march starts and the babes didn't necessarily get the memo about making their entrance for our february due dates! :) 

soon mama, soon! we've waited lots of months already...i guess we can go a few more weeks! :)

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#20 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm due 2/15 and waiting patiently. My daughter was born 2 weeks before her EDD so this last stretch has been really difficult for me. I'm contemplating having my Mom come down from VT either tomorrow or tuesday to help out. I just don't want her to be waiting around. Hmmm. I've only been sleeping about 4 hours every night for the last week. My midwife offered to break my water last thursday due to my bag of waters bulging and being just abour 5 cm dilated. I declined that for now but may do that this week. I do want to have a water birth if I can though. I feel like all I do is complain now lol!

#21 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 PM

I had a beautiful dream about my baby last night...I dreamt that she was born in water surrounded by women (no one I knew but the energy was very supportive).  I raised her up out of the water, fell in love and noticed that her eyes were amazing...luminescent and captivating and very beautifully shaped.  That's the first thing I noticed about my son, too...his beautiful eyes orngbiggrin.gif  The dream has gotten me even more excited!  I woke up today and had some energy so I've totally cleaned the house (again) lol.gif  Maybe all this cleaning will put me into labor winky.gif

#22 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 PM

sounds beautiful! that would put me even more in the mood too! i'm a bit jealous of your energy, i feel wiped out today...and last night at around 6 my eyes wanted to be closed so bad...i'm off to nap! hope your little one comes soon!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#23 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM

oooooo....I love that! How beautiful. That is something to focus on for sure!

I had a dream that I birthed my daughter (don't know the sex of the baby) in the water and she was born in the caul. So now that is what I am hoping for innocent.gif. I have been having some "can I do it fears" as natural childbirth hasn't ever been an option for me. So focusing on this vision is really helping me stay positive.

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#24 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post

I had a beautiful dream about my baby last night...I dreamt that she was born in water surrounded by women (no one I knew but the energy was very supportive).  I raised her up out of the water, fell in love and noticed that her eyes were amazing...luminescent and captivating and very beautifully shaped.  That's the first thing I noticed about my son, too...his beautiful eyes orngbiggrin.gif  The dream has gotten me even more excited!  I woke up today and had some energy so I've totally cleaned the house (again) lol.gif  Maybe all this cleaning will put me into labor winky.gif

How beautiful!

I had a dream about my little man last night, too. In my dream Dh and I were snuggled in bed with our twins and the new baby, who was happily nursing while my girls slept between DH and I.

I was just filled with the most calm and wonderful feeling of love and peace... and then I woke up to two toddlers jumping on the bed. 

Now I just wish I had some of your energy! This place is a mess. lol lol.gif

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#25 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

You people and your clean houses.  I bought groceries today, and that's about as much energy as I can muster!

#26 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:

You people and your clean houses.  I bought groceries today, and that's about as much energy as I can muster!

Well I'm hoping no one at my house gets hungry because the grocery shopping is definitely one thing that has NOT been done anytime recently... 

#27 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:

I hear you. My house would qualify as "fairly tidy" LOL and that's good with me! As long as I, or someone, keeps up with the dishes & laundry & there aren't toys scattered about at all times, I'm a happy momma.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#28 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well, the van is packed, except for the coolers, shopping is done, I'm even taking the birth kit and infant carseat, just in case. All I have left to do tonight is make biscuits. In the morning I'll pack the coolers, the pillows, and our toothbrushes, and we're hitting the road! We'll probably hit Krispy Kreme on the way out of the valley...

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#29 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 07:43 PM

test

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#30 of 268 Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 PM

I've tried to respond to this post at least 3 times (over the past day or so) and for some reason it wasn't going through. I'm 40+5 today and totally ready for the baby to come!!!

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page