Mr. Julian Had His Big Day! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a few while the kids are down in town with my parents and babe is asleep so I thought I would type out his story quick!

After a membrane strip on Monday, being 3 cm and 70% effaced, super soft and stretchy, I had mildly painful contractions, bloody show, for two long days!  Luckily I got sleep on night #2, none on night #1. Yawn!  Went in on Wednesday just to see if they had done anything and to do something, as in talk to someone as I was not having a ton of fun.  I was 85% effaced and nearly 5 cm, bulging bag of waters.  So off to the chiro I went.  Lord that felt good!  Then waited for DS to come home, took him to a friends house where DD had been all day.  Came home, cleaned a bit, packed a bit.  Ate...a lot...orngbiggrin.gif

At this point contractions had gotten closer, five minutes about, but no more painful.  Midwife had mentioned breaking waters, and that this would be a fast way to deliver, she thought.  And to think about it.  So we headed in, still not sure if that's what I wanted to do but ready to be on the path to baby day.

Got there, took a nice warm bath, and said, "OK.  I'm mentally ready to break the waters."  I had the feeling it was going to get intense very fast and wanted to be prepared for that.  The sack was very thick, took two nicks to break it.  Maybe all the RRl tea?  Sat on monitor for a bit to ensure babe was OK, he was.  So up to walk and WOW!  They started, after only one contraction, to come on pretty darn good.  Less than an hour later I knew I was in transition.  At first VERY tired between contractions, like ready to sleep.  Then a bit nauseous.  I really tried to focus on the rushes, to feel what they were doing, and I swear I felt every time the cervix opened, like the widening, a bit of a pinch. I thought that was super cool and it helped me, knowing what was going on.  Then I got a bit grunty and thought it was maybe pushing time.  Was at a ten, head engaged and ready to go.  It all got intense very very quickly.  I squatted DD out but it didn't feel right this time so I went on my side/back, grabbed a leg and pushed.  Holy intense.  Like, yes, pain, but just insanely real and a tad scary (is my crotch going to fall off?!)  I was like a lady with multiple personalities, 'SHIT!  DON'T TOUCH MY LEG LEAVE IT DOWN!!!"  and then "I'm so very sorry.  Please just tell me what to do. *smiles*"  LOL!  Funny after for sure.  Lots of grunting, even a bit of screaming.  Then out came the head, I felt the whole thing as I was intent on pressing on my clitoris to keep it from ripping off (lol).  Then breathe breathe, lift leg back up, and out he came!!  We're talking maybe five minutes of pushing?  As soon as he was out I said, "Well now!  That wasn't so bad!"  They all got a good laugh out of that as it sounded terrible I am sure!  Seriously, though, the INSTANT it was over and he was out I felt amazing, no pain, nothing.  Amazing.  I meant to be calmer during pushing (I'm very good at that during even transition contractions) but didn't fare well there.  Oh well!

One minor tear up top, nothing to repair and I feel great!  He was 8 lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long and was born just before the 10:00 news would have come on, a mere four hours after being admitted.  Intense, fast, unmediated labor.  We are home and happy. Boobs are killing me, but this too shall pass. 

Hope the rest of you, who are hanging in there and were with me on the roll call thread, are getting close.  Think of you all the time, and can't wait to for the big day, each of you!  Oh, a picture or two!  I bet you'd all come and beat me if I didn't include that!

048.JPG

078.JPG

087.JPG

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#2 of 15 Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and Ingrid Michaelsons album, Be OK played the whole time and it was perfect.  For me, perfect songs to hear as I came out of each contraction.  Love it and her.  Just Breathe amd Oh What a Day wrere the best.

Oh what a day is today
Nothing can stand in my way
Now that you've shipped out from under my skin
I think I'm ready to win

Oh what a night is tonight
I think I'm ready to fight
Now that my broken bones all have been healed
I think I'm starting to feel

Something good
Something good
Now that you're gone I can roll on to something good

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/oh_what_a_day_lyrics_ingrid_michaelson.html
All about Ingrid Michaelson: http://www.musictory.com/music/Ingrid+Michaelson

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#3 of 15 Old 02-19-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Of course, I hear the lyrics, "now that you're gone" as gone from my body.  FYI!  :-)

#4 of 15 Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Congratulations!

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#5 of 15 Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM

so awesome! so happy for you Eleanor! welcome Julian!!! loved the photos! such sweet cheeks and beautiful lips!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#6 of 15 Old 02-20-2011, 06:49 AM

Congrats!  You did great!  Beautiful photos and baby name too!!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#7 of 15 Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Congrats mama!  He's adorable!

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#8 of 15 Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 AM
mcs

congratulations! he is beautiful!

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#9 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 AM

So cute!

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#10 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 AM

Congratulations! What a beauty he is. And what a powerful birth. Amazing.

Welcome little one! love.gif

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#11 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM

Congrats!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#12 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 AM

Beautiful baby and beautiful name.  Congrats mama.

Living my dream. wife to dh, mom to ds1 (9/07) and ds2 (2/11), owned by pug and cat. Does it get any better than this?joy.gif

#13 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM

Yay mama!! What a great birth & he is gorgeous!

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

#14 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all!  Things are good here.  XOXO

#15 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM

Congrats! Fabulous birth story and he's a serious cutie!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page