Anybody else pushing 42 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-20-2011, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's Sunday now and I'll be 42 weeks on Tuesday, based on my latest possible due date. 

Anybody else getting close to this point? What's the plan if you do? I'm trying to stay positive, but at this point I'm starting to lose hope. 

I've had two previous out-of-hospital births that were lovely, one at 41+2 and the other on my EDD. I never thought I'd be sitting here 12 days late, having to think about what to do in this situation.

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#2 of 15 Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 PM

eee....hard stuff. I know how you feel. I have been there twice. Just focus on the end and try to busy yourself. Easier said then done I know thumb.gif

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#3 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 AM

(((hugs))) I feel your pain, I'm not quite at 42 but I can relate to how hard it is having had a baby earlier and then having to wait and wait and wait. Sadly my second was about a 42 weeker and I'm certainly on the road to reliving that agony.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#4 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM

I am 41+1  but I have been a 42 weeker so its hard knowing i could go for another week.  i have been having on an off week contraction and I also know this could last for a few days.  had very loose BM today so i thought maybe something was going to get going.  nothing so far.......hang in there!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#5 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 PM

oh i was going to say that my midwife doesnt seem concerned about the 42 week mark.  she said she would just want to see me every 3 days or so at that point.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#6 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm not there yet but probably will be.  My others were delivered at 43 weeks and 42w 1d.  I am currently 41w 2d and just got checked today.  Decided to go ahead and get my membranes stripped and my cervix was still so high he couldn't do it.  Said I was probably at 1cm but again too high to really get a good check.  Baby passed nst with flying colors.  For an OB he is extreemly hands off and knows I don't want to be induced but I know he will get pretty nervous after I hit the 42 week mark.  Going in again on thursday for another nst and I'm hoping that he is able to get to my cervix this time.  I know I have long pregnancies but it doesn't make it any easier!

#7 of 15 Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM

Just 41 weeks today.  Cervix is still high and maybe 1cm.  greensad.gif  If that changes between now and tomorrow morning, I'll have my membranes stripped.  I really really don't want to be induced but am not sure what we'll have to do to avoid it.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#8 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not late! :) Baby is just on baby time which is a little different from ours. What does the midwife say? I assume she's had you get an ultrasound to check things out? To be honest, I'm shocked that I'm not still pregnant and I would be 41w4d today.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#9 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

I really really don't want to be induced but am not sure what we'll have to do to avoid it.

Just don't go in for the induction. orngtongue.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#10 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 42 weeks today. I've done a lot at this point- sex, walking, acupressure/massage, acupuncture, membrane sweep yesterday, and castor oil 3 hours ago.

I'm 100% sure of my ovulation date, which has me at 42 today. LMP has me at 42+4 and early u/s at 42+3. 

I'm still waiting for the castor oil to kick in, and my midwife is going to do another membrane sweep in a couple of hours too. 

If that doesn't work, I'm currently deciding between two options: 1) NST/BPP tomorrow and wait until Friday or 2) just go get a hospital induction tomorrow. I'm sincerely torn between those two options. I've had two great out-of-hospital births, so the hospital route obviously isn't my first choice, but I'm starting to care less and less. I struggle with anxiety and it's ramping up now that I'm getting so far along.

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#11 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Laura-- hug2.gif i hope baby decides today is the day... i'm sorry you're having such a rough time...i'm hoping you get your third peaceful homebirth really soon!!!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#12 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Hey ladies, I don't know if any of you have tried it yet, but i swear evening primrose oil REALLY helped to thin my cervix so it could dilate more effectively.  I started taking it at 38 weeks-- 2 by mouth and 1 vaginally every other nightish.  

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#13 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Laura, hopefully baby makes an appearance soon!

Smeep, that wasn't what I meant - there are risks to going past-due and it's good to be aware of them.  I have no intention of having anything happening against my will.  Luckily, my doctor is on that page too, so I will be going into the hospital for the intro to past due clinic tomorrow and will likely have a NST on Friday or Monday to monitor what's going on.  (I'm pushing for Monday on the gut feeling that baby will come on the weekend. :p )

That said, as long as we are monitoring what's going on, my doctor is very relaxed about me going past 42 week, especially after realizing that DS was born at 42w3d.  (Previously I thought he was 41w5d)

Holly, good tip, but I've been doing it since 38 weeks too, and am 41w1d today and not even a little dilated.  lol.gif

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#14 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM

hug2.gif Sending lots of labour dust your way!!!!!!!! goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyanna123 View Post

I'm 42 weeks today. I've done a lot at this point- sex, walking, acupressure/massage, acupuncture, membrane sweep yesterday, and castor oil 3 hours ago.

I'm 100% sure of my ovulation date, which has me at 42 today. LMP has me at 42+4 and early u/s at 42+3. 

I'm still waiting for the castor oil to kick in, and my midwife is going to do another membrane sweep in a couple of hours too. 

If that doesn't work, I'm currently deciding between two options: 1) NST/BPP tomorrow and wait until Friday or 2) just go get a hospital induction tomorrow. I'm sincerely torn between those two options. I've had two great out-of-hospital births, so the hospital route obviously isn't my first choice, but I'm starting to care less and less. I struggle with anxiety and it's ramping up now that I'm getting so far along.

#15 of 15 Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM

Ahh, gotcha! smile.gif Labour dust to you as well!!! goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Laura, hopefully baby makes an appearance soon!

Smeep, that wasn't what I meant - there are risks to going past-due and it's good to be aware of them.  I have no intention of having anything happening against my will.  Luckily, my doctor is on that page too, so I will be going into the hospital for the intro to past due clinic tomorrow and will likely have a NST on Friday or Monday to monitor what's going on.  (I'm pushing for Monday on the gut feeling that baby will come on the weekend. :p )

That said, as long as we are monitoring what's going on, my doctor is very relaxed about me going past 42 week, especially after realizing that DS was born at 42w3d.  (Previously I thought he was 41w5d)

Holly, good tip, but I've been doing it since 38 weeks too, and am 41w1d today and not even a little dilated.  lol.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page