Did my water break or did I just pee myself? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know there was a post like this a couple weeks ago.  I feel like such a dork for not being able to tell.  It was such a small gush that I'm not sure but I had JUST emptied my bladder.  Too excited to rest and just waiting for a sign it was real.  10 days past my due date and random contractions since 4 this afternoon.  SO hoping this is really it!

#2 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 PM

it is possible. hope it works out for you...

labour vibes you way

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#3 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 01:31 AM

Hello there Sweety. Maby you have allready got a good answer to your question. I am no midwife and please remind yourselfe of this as you read my answer. I have three children. Two came in week 42+ and latest family addition came in week 38. On all occations, when i thought the "water to have breake" I have noticed some "glitter" in the water. Compared to the misshaps of having a big belly pushing on the bladder, wich has not left any of this "glitter". As I said this is not sience but it has worked out to be the real thing. However, in my country we are informed to contact a "hospital- midwife" if we suspect the "water to have breake" for a quick exam. If the "the water has breake" midwifes in my country wants to "keep an eye" on you and your little one.  Good luck and soon you will be able to hold your little one in your arms.

#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 AM

When it happened to me, I thought I had just peed on myself.  But it happened again (and again and again)...and that, combined with the smell (definite amniotic fluid smell ... just like the baby after birth) and little white flecks floating around in it made me sure it was my water.

Hope this is it for you!!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#5 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 05:13 AM

hope you're holding your little one!!!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#6 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 AM

Hahaha, that was me wondering the same thing a few weeks ago!! I think my post title was exactly the same even!! orngtongue.gif

I figured out that it was my water that broke when I got another little gush followed by a very large gush that soaked everything. This happened each time when I went from a sitting to a laying down position. My water was completely clear and had no particular smell. The other big thing for me was when I was awake and gushing water, it was the strangest sensation. It felt a lot like I was copiously peeing myself, but I had absolutely no control over it whatsoever. Like generally when you pee you can at least slow the flow but while leaking fluid there was nothing you could do about it.

I hope by now this is a moot point though and you are holding your baby!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#7 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

It wasn't my water.  Or it was a very very small tear...I've heard of the sac repairing itself.  I felt another tiny gush a couple hours later and was having some contractions but once I went to sleep everything ended.  I'm super bummed.  I was excited and couldn't fall asleep so now I have another day ahead of me...still super pregnant and now really tired.  Just wishing the baby would come.  It would be awesome not to have to drive 45 minutes to my appt tomorrow for a NST.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page