I can't go near the baby without making her cry :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had to have my wisdom teeth out today and can't breast feed until after midnight. I can't hold Reed or even sit near her without her smelling me and then screaming crying that she can't go on the breast. I know it will all be OK in a few hours but it is so hard to hear!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#2 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM

DDCC - saw this in new posts! Hugs, mama!  Are you pumping and dumping?  It will help with your emotions not to have overfull breasts.  Hang in there - you can make it!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 04:27 PM

hug2.gif

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#4 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 04:38 PM

I know you've got a very little one, have you looked up the medications you were given in Hale's book (you can search on Amazon.com) or here http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT

You might have already done that and can't nurse until later but if your Dr/Dentist told you to wait I'd look it up! A lot of times they are overly conservative when there's no reason to stop nursing. Good luck mama! 

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#5 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Aw poor baby :( That makes me nervous cuz I'm supposed to get my top wisdom teeth out soon and there's no way I can go a day without nursing my babies (especially without a working pump lol). I've had dental work done while nursing without a problem before but I'm guessing you get different meds for wisdom teeth removal? I'll have to discuss it with my dentist, if I can't nurse after getting it done then I'll just put it off until I'm done nursing.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#6 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post

I know you've got a very little one, have you looked up the medications you were given in Hale's book (you can search on Amazon.com) or here http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT

You might have already done that and can't nurse until later but if your Dr/Dentist told you to wait I'd look it up! A lot of times they are overly conservative when there's no reason to stop nursing. Good luck mama! 

I used the warmline at the hospital where I gave birth and the nurse looked all of the medications for me. One of the meds in the general anesthesia was an L2 or an L3 and it was recommended to wait. At least I have a partner that is taking good care of her an making it a little bit better.

Babycakes & Ashley- Thanks! I am not pumping and dumping, just waiting for it to work through my system. I pumped ahead of time and DD is drinking that she just hates the bottle. 

Kitkat- are you having local or general anesthesia? Find out ahead of time what they're giving you and get each med checked out, it may be a non-issue. I hope for you and babe that it isn't a problem! smile.gif Can you rent a pump?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#7 of 8 Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:

Kitkat- are you having local or general anesthesia? Find out ahead of time what they're giving you and get each med checked out, it may be a non-issue. I hope for you and babe that it isn't a problem! smile.gif Can you rent a pump?

I'll be getting local since it's just the top ones and they aren't impacted or anything. If it's the same stuff they use for regular dental work I guess it shouldn't be a problem, I'll just have to make sure to discuss it with my dentist.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#8 of 8 Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe I should have pumped and dumped I was so engorged- OW! The thought of dumping breast milk is just to sad though, it is like liquid gold! All better now though, thanks for listening :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page