Baby Acne? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else dealing with this plague?  tips?  Alice is coated!  All across her face, neck, chest...greensad.gif

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#2 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 07:58 AM

Collin had awful baby acne. Besides washing him every other day with water and a gentle baby soap, there isn't much to do about it. He's had it since birth and just now at 1 month old, it's starting to clear up but there are still some lingering patches on his cheeks and chest.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#3 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 AM

Yes, Henry has it too!  Just across his nose and cheeks.  I wash it and I put some vitamin E oil on it and it looks better today.

It doesn't seem to bother him but it's kind of unsightly.  :(

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#4 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 AM

I know!  Jeni is 5 weeks and hers is just beginning to clear.  I know it's not bugging her, but I won't lie, the looks I am getting from strangers is rough.  I think they assume I'm not bathing her or feeding her mass amounts of chocolate or something!  :)

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#5 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 11:44 AM

we have it too! phoenix is a month old tomorrow and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere... i heard it can take up to a couple of months...but hopefully it'll clear up soon. he's got it on his face, but also on his belly, legs, i can even see it under his hair...though they are just red dots there....he doesn't seem to be at all bothered by it. so i'm just being patient. i only rinse with water. and on his face i gently pass a wash cloth over. that's my own regime, so i figure it's fine for him too!

hugs mamas and babies.

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#6 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Eliot's is just clearing, and he was 6 weeks yesterday. He's still a bit spotty, though! I wipe him gently with warm water and a soft washcloth, and will wash his face with a tiny amount of our baby mild Dr. Bronners on bath days (which are about twice a week, since we bathe together and that's not easy with a two year old!).

I actually popped one of his pimples hide.gif. It was just so huge and green and really awful looking - so I washed my hands and just nicked it with the edge of my pinky nail so it could drain. I know you are never ever supposed to, but it was there for days and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I'm a horrible mother.

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#7 of 11 Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've been doing Aveeno baby wash at bath time or on a wash cloth and A&D ointment on Claira's face. Has helped a ton so far. I think her's might have been more of a rash style acne though.  I accidentally made her face breakout by putting baby oil on her face when it was dry. Then the bumps starting trying out and flaking so I started with the A&D.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#8 of 11 Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

lol.gif Kelley! I've been tempted to do the same.

Allora also has the baby acne. She's had some since she was a couple days old, just a bit here and there, but a week or so ago she started getting quite a bit more. Now it looks like it's toning down some (she's 6 1/2 weeks now) but we'll see how it goes. It's not aesthetically pleasing but oh well, I suppose it's the normal course of things.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#9 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM

I just read that it's caused by the hormones at birth and that it peaks about 3-4 weeks pp. Hoping your babes are all clearing up.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#10 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM

we just hit 6 weeks and i've seen a lot of clearing this week! not totally gone, but close. :) pretty baby skin! :)

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#11 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

She'll be 6 weeks on Monday, and while the acne is clearing, it leaves behind rough bumpy skin.  :(  I want my beautiful smooth baby back.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page