elliott's birth video - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've got Elliott's home waterbirth video up on my blog now, if anyone was interested in watching the more intense few minutes of his birth. :)

http://elliott365.wordpress.com/elliotts-birth-video/

I can't believe that was over two months ago! Geez.

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#2 of 7 Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Beautiful and powerful.  Thank you so much for sharing!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#3 of 7 Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM

i saw it on your blog this morning and watched it! i've really been enjoying your daily photos...and enjoyed the video. what a beautiful birth!

congrats mama...i can't believe it was over 2 months either! time flies!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#4 of 7 Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM

So gorgeous. Well done. The video is kind of haunting, especially with the last song. I'm so happy that you were able to document it all so well. What a cherished keepsake that will be. Thanks for sharing it.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#5 of 7 Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 AM

Made me cry - beautiful.joy.gif

#6 of 7 Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! I don't know how many times I've watched it myself. I think I kept figuring that I must have imagined away the bad parts of his birth, since I couldn't remember anything but bliss. Intensity, sure, but bliss. But after watching it and reading the midwife's charts, his birth was exactly the way I remembered it. It's so special to know that I'm not making that up!!

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#7 of 7 Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 AM

i've watched the video of Phoenix's birth as well over and over! the first time i watched it i was awed at how calm, peaceful and loving it was...and so grateful to have that on film! i find myself going, wow was that really how it was?!?!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page