Weekly chat thread, June 27-July 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Symptom-wise, I'm only mildly queasy in the evenings so it seems that the nausea has abated since last week. I don't know if it's going away, or if it will pick up in a couple of weeks. I've had it go both ways. I've also had af-type cramping for the last couple of days. I'm so crampy I'm almost afraid to run, which is silly. I need to run so I won't gain 50 lbs (seeing as I can't stop cramming food down my piehole--I'm SO HUNGRY lately). And how about that bloating, anyway? Sheesh. I feel a little disgusted with myself.

Speaking of looking like a dumpling, I picked up a couple of cute dresses at REI, so hopefully my gut will look a little less horrible without the waistband of my pants cutting it in half.

I'm looking forward to getting through this week--it's my last full week at work before our vacation and I'm SO READY to head off into the sunset with DH

How are you guys doing?

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#2 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM

I've had some cramping too. The nausea is coming in waves. After I eat usually. I am SO bloated that I feel like I'm "showing" already. Its redic. And its not like I have a flat stomach, but, I can usually hold it in. Not now. It only wants to stick out.

Still feeling like this is surreal. Can't believe I'm pregnant!

Baby Boy due in Early March!
#3 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 PM

WEll I was pretty crampy for a few weeks, its starting to go away..I am having round ligament pain when I cough or stretch...nausea some not too bad..Boobs are growing enormously! Starving and feeling tired but have insomnia. My belly looks 4months pregnant already! I am also having super emotional mood swings. Dh is annoying me regulary by breathing

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#4 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 08:41 PM

My poor face is breaking out in cystic acne, eww! A little crampy at times, but overall feeling good (oh, did I just put that out to the universe?).

We're going on vacation with my family for a week and are debating whether or not to tell them (leaning towards yes right now).

I was kind of jealous of DH when he bought a bunch of clothes at the outlet mall today. I figure I'll try to look for some cheaper dresses to get me through summer since I like to wear dresses anyways. I just don't want it to get really hot in August and I'm not fitting into everything, but then the stores decide to only carry sweaters!

Has anybody else been pregnant this time of year before? Any clothing tips? Last time was easy b/c I got pregnant in February and didn't need to wear anything maternity until summer and then when DS was born it was still unseasonably warm until the last week. So basically I wore summery clothes the whole time, one or two pairs of jeans and a couple long-sleeved tops.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#5 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Hey ladies! Well, I'm still crampy smurf here (as my DH likes to call me!) and I am SUPER grouchy! I had to leave the room a few minutes ago because DH was chewing ice. I also can't sit completely upright for long periods of time because it makes my stomach hurt.

I took a test this afternoon because I wanted to see a nice dark line and boy was it dark! I don't have sore boobs yet but I'm sure they will come along with the nausea.

This will be an interesting week. The kids came home tonight after being at their mom's for a week so it's really going to tap my energy stores to keep up with them! At least I will be working from home in the afternoons this week so if my stomach starts hurting, I can lay down.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#6 of 24 Old 06-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Today was first day of missed period. Nothing much going on. Forehead slightly broken out. Seem more sleepy. Had a couple ligament pulls in past week.

I too love dresses in the summer. Bought a couple more online today. They will serve well next spring PP as well. For me I will need both summery and winter maternity. Think I'm kinda low on winter maternity though. Got rid of a bunch after last pg.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#7 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Good Morning, Ladies!! I am still testing each day with ic's..and love seeing the line get darker..I am on dpo 19 today, and my line is darker than the control now..yeah!! It's reassuring since I don't have too many symptoms at this moment. I get that yucky taste/slight nausea/starving feeling if I don't eat every couple of hours or so..and every once in awhile slight cramping..my back feels so much better now. Other than that..not much to report on. Enjoying being pregnant right now!!

I have most of what I need as far as maternity clothes are concerned. Once it gets cooler I will need to get a few more cold weather items, but for now I'm good...although I am sure I will want to buy a few new items!!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#8 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Great point about using the dresses for pp as well, now I really want to stock up and I won't feel guilty!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#9 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm with you ladies too.... still bloated, but not quite as tired as last week. Random cramps that make me a bit afraid I"ll start bleeding... but trying to let go and just trust... i'm getting quad-boobs so i think it's time for a new bra.... Other than that feeling good.. we've told a few more people (friends and family) which makes it a bit more real. So glad to share in this with you all.
#10 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM

I had a baby last June, and I wore a LOT of those maxi-style dresses made of flowy fabric that dried quickly from the buckets of sweat!

These REI dresses look very comfy:
http://www.rei.com/product/794461

I wear this one already about once a week:
http://www.rei.com/product/778620

I love the twist on this one:
http://www.rei.com/product/763366

And here is a pattern I would LOVE to make that looks like the last dress:
http://butterick.mccall.com/b5196-pr...hp?page_id=370

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#11 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM

those REI dresses are super cute and ideal!

#12 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 06:29 PM

I feel like I need a babysitter...not for the kids but for me! I almost burned dinner a few minutes ago because I kept turning down the wrong burner! And then getting frustrated that the pasta water wasn't coming to a boil quickly enough!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#13 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I have been feeling queasy after I eat. I've been really tired and crampy at times. I'm really getting nervous about this pregnancy. My first appointment is Friday and I know she will send me for an U/S. I need to see that this pregnancy is viable before I can "really" accept it. I had a missed miscarriage with my first pregnancy and it really traumatized me as far as the beginning of pregnancy goes. I had no idea that anything was wrong (no spotting, etc) until my first U/S at 8 weeks. I'm trying to be positive though and really enjoy every day. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#14 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM

I feel way too good today which is kinda worrying me. Other than that I've been happy sad crank fussy whiney and complainy LOL

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#15 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoefairy3 View Post
I feel way too good today which is kinda worrying me. Other than that I've been happy sad crank fussy whiney and complainy LOL
I felt really good all day yesterday and that had me freaked out! It hit me around 6 PM though and I had to go lay down.

#16 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM

I feel good too for the most part..luckily I have kept a journal with my last few pregnancies, and I was able to see that I don't really start having major symptoms until 6 weeks or so..and really the nausea doesn't get bad until 7 weeks..so I am trying not to worry, and enjoy that I'm pregnant.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#17 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Noticing more a little each day. I wake up ready to go but by late morning/early afternoon the sleepies hit. I'm dizzy too. PG tests getting darker and darker.

#18 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM

So far for me the only symptoms are very tender breasts/nipples and I'm a tiny bit queasy in the mornings, so I don't feel like eating. Other than that I'm still wondering if its real.

I told DH last night when he got home from work. It was so much fun. He was out of town for part of my cycle and DS was sick for over a week, so we thought we'd missed catching the egg. So I painted a t-shirt that said, "I'm a big brother" for DS, and put a little box together of some of DS's gender neutral newborn stuff- a cloth diaper, a receiving blanket, a hat & booties plus a rattle and the positive test. I had him open the box and DH picks up the test, looks at me and says, "are you pregnant?" In a bewildered, like he'd never seen a test before voice. Then he cried. It was very sweet.

I love all the summer dress ideas. It makes me want to go shopping...

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#19 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 01:42 PM

I'm only 4 weeks along, so I'm not really feeling any different. I'm tired, but not any more than usual - chasing my two boys around wears me out even when I'm not pregnant. I've been pretty crampy and had some round ligament pain, but nothing too bad.

Mother to two boys - DS1 (8/07) and DS2 (1/09).
Pregnant with #3 - due March 2011.
#20 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM

boobs hurt and I think they grew. *sigh*
#21 of 24 Old 07-03-2010, 01:28 AM

I'm not feeling much. Not sure if this is a bad sign or not. I have mild headaches, what I guess to be round ligament pains, and sensitive nips. I was so sick my last pg (started at 4.5w-birth) that I hardly noticed any other symptoms. I haven't even begun to think of clothing, but I just got my BFP today.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#22 of 24 Old 07-03-2010, 06:51 AM

I am not even 4 weeks yet; the only symptom I'm feeling is HEAT. SO STINKIN HOT! Normally DH is the hot one and I'm the one turning off the A/C... he is sooo loving this role reversal! BBs are starting to change. I am small chested so I'm welcoming a little boost- just a little one, please! I left work early yesterday and took like 3 naps. Tiredness is really hitting. I'm hoping that MS doesn't hit bad for me. I'm going on a road trip in 2 weeks with a bus full of people... not going to be good if I'm puking out the window! Especially since we don't want them to know we're pregnant.

Other than that, not much is happening here.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#23 of 24 Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Nausea here ... nausea when I don't eat. Worse nausea when I do eat. But I'd rather the nausea to the 23 weeks of severe morning sickness I had last time!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#24 of 24 Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM

I'm so early still that I'm hardly having any symptoms. A lot of tiredness is the main one. I took a nap yesterday and then went to bed at 9. I hope it doesn't hit me so hard the entire first trimester, I don't want to have a lousy vacation in a couple of weeks.

I have sore boobs, since a couple of days before I got my first positive. A little bit of breaking out. No nausea yet.

I already bought a pregnancy journal and I want to start filling it out, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it without my kids noticing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page