Not sure whats going on... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My LMP was 5/28. My cycle has been VERY normal, except for last month when I was 4 days late. I usually have a 28 day cycle on the dot.

We started trying right after my period was over.

I was due to start on the 24. Didn't. So that day I took a pregnancy test, got a faint line.

Took another TWO tests 2 days later. Got a pretty nice line, still fairly light, but not faint.

Started to feel pregnant. Nausea, crampy (but no spotting), sore boobs, etc... and, as of now my symptoms are gradually increasing.

Today I am 7 days late. Yesterday I took a couple dollar store tests just to confirm, and to save money. Both were BFN. What the heck?

I researched a little online and it seems like these Dollar Tree tests are pretty unreliable.

What do you think? Am I crazy, should I spend another 10 bucks on a couple First Response tests?

Baby Boy due in Early March!
#2 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 PM

The tests could be bad. I know that I got a pretty good line in the evening 11 DPO on a dollar tree test and then the next morning, a nice line on a FRER but I also did a dollar tree test and the line was lighter than it was the night before! So who knows? I would call my dr. office and ask for a blood test if I were you. Hope everything works out.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#3 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM

I think I would try to get a beta as well. I've never had any problems with DT test. I know they don't get super dark at first but by a week later I would expect a pretty nice line. Good luck!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#4 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM

I was only testing with Dollar Tree tests, starting at 10 DPO - and got only negatives. I was so confident I wasn't pregnant I went out and had 3 cocktails with a friend!

Then I mentioned to another friend that it was weird my period was so late when I wasn't pregnant. She suggested I try a pricier test - and lo and behold, pregnant. Now I can get a faint positive on the DT tests, but only after a while of getting positives from ept and First Response.

I bet you're pregnant!
#5 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazydellasue View Post
I was only testing with Dollar Tree tests, starting at 10 DPO - and got only negatives. I was so confident I wasn't pregnant I went out and had 3 cocktails with a friend!

Then I mentioned to another friend that it was weird my period was so late when I wasn't pregnant. She suggested I try a pricier test - and lo and behold, pregnant. Now I can get a faint positive on the DT tests, but only after a while of getting positives from ept and First Response.

I bet you're pregnant!

Thanks. My intuition tells me I surely am. Its just annoying to get the BFN. I'll get a new First Response today to confirm. And if its neg again I'll call the doc.

#6 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

So. I took two First Response tests. Both positive, both light, not faint though, just light. Very obvious positives.

Shouldn't my tests be getting darker?

#7 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 PM

I got very light lines on teh $trees until 17dpo, and then all of a sudden they started getting darker fast. Do you have a pic of teh FRERs?

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#8 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM

All of my tests have been light - and I'm definitely pregnant. I actually asked my midwife about that, since my line with DD 3 yrs ago was super dark at 14 DPO. She said to NOT read anything into the color of the lines.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page