Puke monster support thread~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, here it comes......the nausea, the vomiting, the dry heaves..The can't even kiss my husband because he makes me barfies. Last time I had hyperemesis, I am trying to stay away from that this time. My nausea started creeping up on me slowly this week, and now today BOOM, hit me full force. I am wearing sea bands right now and taking unisom/b6, nothing is helping too much. UGH. I have to work fulltime through this, I feel for anyone suffering right now. **HUGS))

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll have to try and find the full article on this but someone told me recently that watermelon is an excellent remedy for morning sickness. Something to do with the sweetness and all the water, which keeps you hydrated when u really can't stand to keep much down. All the ppl who've told me "eat peanuts, eat raisins, eat lots of small meals..." obviously they'd never had anything serious. I didn't have hyperemesis but was close. Lost 10 lbs in 12 days and my body was so weak I could hardly get up to go to the bathroom. Anyway I am looking forward to putting the watermelon thing through the test this time. Lucky for us it's summer and in season!! Good luck! Hope you're able to find something soon that will give u some relief!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Oh wow, I feel for you, that sounds really awful I hope you find something that helps

I'm feeling nauseous almost all the time now...especially when I smell or think about something nasty, which is most things these days Anything from dog poop to natural bathroom cleaner is making me feel sick and if anyone mentions anything remotely gross, it makes me want to run to the bathroom...but it always passes (so far). Just writing this out is making me feel sick
#4 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 AM

Oh, Strongmama..I'm so sorry it's so bad..I pray it doesn't get worse for you. (((hugs)))

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#5 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 PM

ucky yucky. I hope it passes soon

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Strong Mama- I had hyperemesis my last pregnancy too. It's one of the main reasons I waited 4+ years to get pg again. I read about some supplements on MDC that I'm going to start taking like today. Have you seen any of that info? Anyway, I totally know what you are going through, and I (unfortunately) will likely be right there with you in a week or two.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water

User Tag List