Names? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone talking baby names yet DH and I tend to say "hey, that would make a great name" even when we aren't expecting

Here's our short list currently. *by the favorites

Josiah*
Judah
Madellaine*
Malachi
Sariah
Sayuri*
Emilee
Phoenix
Morgan

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#2 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:04 PM

Dh thinks he has the boy name picked out. I have something different in mind. lol Girl names........ we are screwed. I seriously do not like anything at the moment. It has to be somewhat unique or at least not heard very often. I'm ok if it BEcomes popular... which has been the case with several of our names.

Banking on this kid being a boy.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#3 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:06 PM

I just have long potential lists:

Jude (current favorite)
Nico
Leo
Silas
Luca
Theo
Abel
Abram
Asa
Matteo

Beatrice
Zora (Current favorite)
Cora
Verity
Violet
Hazel
Willa (also a favorite)
Tessa
Willow
Juniper
Charlotte
Cecilia
Meadow
Camilla
Helena
Stella
Dahlia
Sylvia
Alice
Vivian

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#4 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

we have 4 boys ourselves, and one girl. She's been begging for a sister for as long as I can remember. When DS4 was born, she was sure there was a sister too, and they nurses were just hiding her So, we are kinda hoping for a girl, but a boy would be a whole lot easier since all the stuff we have is boy stuff

#5 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Charlotte is one of my favorite girl names, but I was pretty sure we wouldnt have any more kids after baby #3 (ha!) and ended up naming my cat Charlotte.

#6 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 PM

DDCC -

I <3 Josiah. Its one of my favorites!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Right now..boy- Caleb Jeremiah
girl - Allison Michelle (Allie)

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#8 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Most likely Elora Nym for a girl and Banyan Phoenix for a boy.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#9 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Bunny, you've got the same ideas in girl names as I do!

My younger dd is Hazel, and our name for this one if it is a girl is Beatrix (pretty close to Beatrice) and both are on your list!

We haven't decided on a middle name for Beatrix, but our two girls have Jewish/Hebrew middle names so we will likely do that again.

Our boy name has always been Jasper Benjamin, ever since I got pregnant the first time. We'll see if we get to use it. We don't plan on any more children after this.
#10 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Cami- we might have girls with the same name!
Lousli- I love, love, love Jasper, but a good friend named her baby Jasper a while ago

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#11 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 PM

We have no more list, so we have to start from new. It will be hard for us as we used all the "good" names for our 3 dds. lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#12 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post
Dh thinks he has the boy name picked out. I have something different in mind. lol
Haha me too-I liked the name when he suggested it years ago, but now I'm just not sure. I have a girl name that I just love, but not sure how he feels about it. I guess at some point I should actually look at names!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#13 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Our list is changing every day!
Girls- Harper Emmeline Adelaide
Boys- Ezra Asher Anderson Elliot Silas

I said 'Harper?' yesterday and DH fell in LOVE. There is no other choice in his mind anymore. I like the name, but lets give it more than ten minutes!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#14 of 64 Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm actually surprised we have names so quickly - it usually takes most of my pregnancy to come up with a boy name. But we had a girl last time, so it was easy this time!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#15 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 09:34 AM

Boy Logan Andrew
Girl Julia Alison

and SAHM to Boy-5 (autistic) Boy-4 Girl-18m and Preggers with #4 a surprise!!!
#16 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM

I love Harper too It'll be a short list for us. Did you know that this is the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill a Mockingbird?

I have the name for a boy -- but for a girl I'm more flexible. Beatrice was my grandma's name, and I like that. I have an itch to have a girl and name her Flannery but that will take some arm-twisting. In all likelihood the kids will have a say.

Joy, mama to Aquaboy (10), Goldilocks (8), Squidge (4)
#17 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
I just have long potential lists:

Jude (current favorite)
Nico
Leo
Silas
Luca
Theo
Abel
Abram
Asa
Matteo

Beatrice
Zora (Current favorite)
Cora
Verity
Violet
Hazel
Willa (also a favorite)
Tessa
Willow
Juniper
Charlotte
Cecilia
Meadow
Camilla
Helena
Stella
Dahlia
Sylvia
Alice
Vivian
DDCC to say that we have very similar taste! If our son (born this May) was a girl, he was going to be Zora, and Juniper was our runner up.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#18 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBattleAxe View Post
I love Harper too It'll be a short list for us. Did you know that this is the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill a Mockingbird?

I have the name for a boy -- but for a girl I'm more flexible. Beatrice was my grandma's name, and I like that. I have an itch to have a girl and name her Flannery but that will take some arm-twisting. In all likelihood the kids will have a say.
Uh oh, so does that mean we're going to see a whole crop of Harpers? I'm trying to pick something somewhat unique, but not crazy, easy to spell/pronounce.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#19 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn_warbler View Post
DDCC to say that we have very similar taste! If our son (born this May) was a girl, he was going to be Zora, and Juniper was our runner up.
And I LOVE Ilan. We really do have similar tastes!

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#20 of 64 Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM

Not a whole bunch at this moment and DH doesn't like the boy names.

Bunny, it looks like we have similar boy name style. It's also crazy b/c I think I'm somewhat unique and then I start to see the names everywhere, grr!

Boys:
Leo
Theo
Samuel

Girls:
Georgia
Clara

We obviously have some work to do! I like the name Sam, but it feels too "common" to me.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#21 of 64 Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 AM

We have similar taste in girl names, too, lol. My 7 year old is named Clara. It's my very, very favorite name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisub View Post
Not a whole bunch at this moment and DH doesn't like the boy names.

Bunny, it looks like we have similar boy name style. It's also crazy b/c I think I'm somewhat unique and then I start to see the names everywhere, grr!

Boys:
Leo
Theo
Samuel

Girls:
Georgia
Clara

We obviously have some work to do! I like the name Sam, but it feels too "common" to me.

#22 of 64 Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Wow, that's weird!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#23 of 64 Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM

There are several names on Bunny's list that I love, and have for ages! Charlotte is up there, and my fiance likes that one a lot. My name is Helena, pronounced hey-lay-nah, which people cannot seem to say, but which I wouldn't trade in for the world.
My niece is Harper Rae Lagniappe, and I know another young Harper, so I think it is safe to say the name will be popular. I love it, though.
I like J-names like June, Juno, Junah, Judah, Jude. I also like names associated with ancient myths. I joke about having four daughters named Pallas, Juno, Ceres and Vesta.
The top contender for a boy right now is James Apollo. Ronia Phoebe is on the short-list for a girl, but I also like Annika or Astrid. (My family is Swedish.)
I love hearing other people's ideas! Sooooo many great names to choose from.

Helena, living in Oregon with my darling husband and our amazing little boy, born March, 2011. joy.gif
#24 of 64 Old 07-18-2010, 12:47 AM

My daughter's name is Lani (pronounced Laney) Rae.

If we have another girl this time it will either be Cambria Faith or Emberlynn Grace.

If it's a boy it will either by Ryker or Jaxon

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#25 of 64 Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Our list is changing every day!
Girls- Harper Emmeline Adelaide
Boys- Ezra Asher Anderson Elliot Silas

I said 'Harper?' yesterday and DH fell in LOVE. There is no other choice in his mind anymore. I like the name, but lets give it more than ten minutes!!
Posted via Mobile Device
My daughter's name is Adelaide and DH is REALLY pushing for 'Ezra' to be our top boy name!

Confession: When I first read your post, I didn't realize they were lists. I thought your son was going to be Ezra Asher Anderson Elliot Silas LastName. oops

Girl names are up in the air, I'm sure this is a boy and girl names were easy for us to agree on anyway.

Current boy name: Johann Seth. I the name Seth, and Johann (Yo-hann) is a name DH has been pushing for a while. I kind of love the nickname 'Yo'. I'm just not sure that Johann is common enough to save the kid from having to constantly explain it to people.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#26 of 64 Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 PM

At this point, I have absolutely no idea. DH always comes up with some off the wall names that I hate. With DS1 we settled on a name very easily after he was born. With DS2 we both put our 3 favorite names on a list and then DH chose one of them and announced what it was after he was born. He chose one of my favorites.

There are some very beautiful names on this thread.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#27 of 64 Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM

If she's a girl, she will be Audrey (middle name still up in the air). It was my top choice for DD, but when she was born it didn't fit her, so she is Elizabeth instead. I'll have to pick out some alternates again just in case Audrey doesn't suit this baby either.

If this one is a boy, DH and I will be in trouble! The only boy name I really like is Charlie, but it is widely used in DH's father's family, who I don't get along with very well. I would probably let DH pick out his first name as long as its not too crazy and just insist that we use my grandpa's name for the middle name.

Mom to DSS D (7) , DD Elizabeth (8/09) , and expecting DC3 3/30/11
#28 of 64 Old 07-19-2010, 01:40 PM

BunnyMcFluff and Brooklyn- my oldest daughter's name is Juniper! When I was a little girl (7, I think) I read a book called Wise Child in which one of the main characters, a really strong, wise, amazing woman was known as Juniper. I decided then and there that if I ever had a daughter her name would be Juniper, and I got my way 9 years ago! I still just love it, and she has enjoyed reading the book and its prequel. My only gripe is that people often call her Junifer, which I never get. She always points out junipers and is all happy about it, living in CA we get to see a lot of them.

So I am pretty sure we have a boy name picked out, Trystan Ash. Within a few minutes of telling DH that I was pregnant he said that he always liked the name Trystan, and I have, also. So that was pretty much settled, and a day or so later I was saying that I'd like to keep up the tree names (my younger daughter's middle name is Acacia), DH agreed, and then I suggested Ash, and he thought it sounded really nice.

Haven't really thought about girl names, but we are both so sure this one is a boy, I hope we are right!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#29 of 64 Old 07-19-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

I am pretty sure we have decided our girl name (if we have a girl)

Sayuri (SAH-you-ree) Danielle

Danielle is my sisters middle name. I am only hesitant b/c DS#2's middle name is Daniel (after g-gpa on the other side of the family). We really like to name the midddle name after someone we love. Sayuri Amy just doesnt sound very good (my sister's name is Amy)

#30 of 64 Old 07-19-2010, 02:28 PM

We haven't really thought about names but we are still loving our gril name from last time
Cadence Lilyana

and for boys we really haven't gotten anywhere but i really like
Oliver
Trystan
Austen

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page