Weekly chat July 4- July 11!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
The only thing that sounded good to me this morning was a biscuit from McD's.
Yeah I never eat there, but one am when I was pg with my dd dh brought a muffin thingy home for me. I found it was one of the only things I could keep down in the am. I felt awful for eating them, but the midwives said at least I was getting protein down!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#32 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I felt pretty guilty for eating a burger at In and Out yesterday. But is sounded really good at the time. I made a nice dinner, stir fried veggies and chicken and rice. Still, sometimes I'm not hungry at all, not nauseated, just not hungry, things don't sound good to eat. Or I start making them and then they start looking gross to me. I need to make sure I keep eating well.

I figured out that as long as I don't have coffee, I don't get diarrhea. But I'm going a little crazy without coffee. I bet I could handle tea, and get a least a little caffeine kick, right?
#33 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I felt pretty guilty for eating a burger at In and Out yesterday. But is sounded really good at the time. I made a nice dinner, stir fried veggies and chicken and rice. Still, sometimes I'm not hungry at all, not nauseated, just not hungry, things don't sound good to eat. Or I start making them and then they start looking gross to me. I need to make sure I keep eating well.

I figured out that as long as I don't have coffee, I don't get diarrhea. But I'm going a little crazy without coffee. I bet I could handle tea, and get a least a little caffeine kick, right?
I'm pretty sure tea has more caffeine than coffee. I'm still drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day. If you look up the milligrams in a cup of coffee id say if you were looking for a little kick you can definitely drink a half a cup...I used to do half regular half decaf with DS's pregnancy and it was a nice little pick me up.

Anyhoo...I'm with you on foods just not sounding good at times. I haven't been experiencing that too much so far this pregnancy but did in my first trimester of my last pregnancy. And don't feel too bad about a burger once in awhile!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#34 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 PM

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and have known for 2 weeks already. Crazy! We've told just about everyone other than my dh's family. I'm feeling tired and nauseated, though I haven't puked in days. I almost wish I would, though, because then I might feel a little better. I'm not craving much at all. The thought of eating makes me ill. I get ravenously hungry, eat a few bites, and then feel ill. Argh.

Just as I'm letting myself get excited about this pregnancy, my friends' worlds are crumbling around them. One friend is miscarrying (she'd be 7 weeks along), one has just received a medical diagnosis she's having trouble accepting, another has a dh who has to have surgery/be off his feet for a while, and the list goes on.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#35 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I'm pretty sure tea has more caffeine than coffee. I'm still drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day. If you look up the milligrams in a cup of coffee id say if you were looking for a little kick you can definitely drink a half a cup...I used to do half regular half decaf with DS's pregnancy and it was a nice little pick me up.
Ok...tea does have less sorry!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#36 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Anyhoo...I'm with you on foods just not sounding good at times. I haven't been experiencing that too much so far this pregnancy but did in my first trimester of my last pregnancy. And don't feel too bad about a burger once in awhile!
Quote:
Ok...tea does have less sorry!
dry, tea has more caffeine than coffee. but less of that caff actually makes it into your tea than into your coffee. so you were right both times.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#37 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 05:49 PM

I found out a couple days ago so I am still really early and have been feeling pretty good so far. We were camping the last couple days and I did notice one evening where I just felt like I must have climbed a mountain or something but we had not done much more then a little canoeing and setting up the tent etc. I also had to visit the pit toilets / woods... a lot.

With my first I was never really nervous at all about a m/c or anything else but this time I find my self more concerned about that - anyone else? Maybe I am just more realistic and now know a lot more people who have gone through that so I can't just assume it won't happen to me.

I took another test this morning to confirm that the line was getting darker since when I first tested it was really early and really faint- line is darker so I feel good about that!

I hope those of you feeling horrible start to feel a bit better soon!

I am looking forward to getting to know you guys more.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#38 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post
With my first I was never really nervous at all about a m/c or anything else but this time I find my self more concerned about that - anyone else? Maybe I am just more realistic and now know a lot more people who have gone through that so I can't just assume it won't happen to me.
I feel exactly the same way! Like I want to tell people, but I feel like m/c could happen so I'm hesitant.

What is your 4yo's birth date? I have a 4yo and I'm expecting #2 also.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#39 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post
I feel exactly the same way! Like I want to tell people, but I feel like m/c could happen so I'm hesitant.

What is your 4yo's birth date? I have a 4yo and I'm expecting #2 also.
She was born May 23rd.

I feel like I have forgotten everything from when I was pregnant with her and when she was a baby and I kind of have to learn it all over again. At least this time I have the Mothering boards and I am excited about that!

When do you plan to tell your 4yo about your pregnancy? Once of the main reasons I want to wait to tell other people is cause I want to wait to tell her... I am thinking maybe 12-16 weeks?

I did tell my mom but that is it so far.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#40 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Yeah I'd like to wait 12w, but I'm not sure we'll last that long. I'd say realistically 10-12w.

I feel like I'm starting over again as well, and I'm glad we didn't wait any longer than this.

My dd was borh Feb. 20th, so our kiddos are close in age!

#41 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post
I feel like I have forgotten everything from when I was pregnant with her and when she was a baby and I kind of have to learn it all over again.
Tell me about it! My older one is 8 1/2 and my younger one is 5 1/2! They will be 9 and 6 in November and December. I'm so far out of baby phase I have no idea how I'm going to get back in the swing of it!

I don't plan to tell my kids until about 11 or 12 weeks, or until I can't hide it any more.
#42 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm also in the camp where my baby is not a baby anymore. She's going to be 4yrs old in 2 days. So I'm out of that phase too. I'm only in it because I do childcare and so I always changing diapers and similar stuff but it will be different when I go out with only my girls.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#43 of 45 Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

I went to the acupuncturist today. She said, based on my pulse, that she thinks I'm having a boy. I know she has a 50/50 shot on the guess, but I am not looking forward to the circ debate with DH if this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
I would be SO HAPPY if it were twins. I'm already SO HAPPY but twins would be a gift too. Intimidating for sure, but wonderful.

My favorite pregnancy symptom so far: How GOOD food tastes. Unbelievable. I might consider being a surrogate so that I can keep tasting food like this. *drool*
I cannot wait to see if she is right or not about twins. And if you could figure out how you're working that food thing and let the rest of us know, that would be great, m'k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
6 weeks today and here's the stomach issues. I feel like I have food poisoning or I'm hung over. No throwing up yet thank goodness! The only thing that sounded good to me this morning was a biscuit from McD's.
I could eat one of those biscuits everyday, and I really don't like eating at McDs. We have this framed in our kitchen, and we've nicknamed the baby 'Biscuit'. I am right there with you, Annie! I see you're in VA... have you ever heard of Biscuit World in WV??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I have cut dramatically back on the coffee, but I cannot form sentences without just a bit, so I make my morning pot with 1/3 regular and 2/3 decaf. That one scoop of regular coffee is my sanity.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#44 of 45 Old 07-10-2010, 10:00 AM

Lousli - what do you teach? I teach kindergarten. Will you finish out the school year after taking a maternity leave? I am very excited about hopefully being able to stay home until the following fall. With DS I missed the beginning of the school year and it was difficult.

I'm feeling pretty good but napping every day when ds naps. I'm hungrier than usual, but not feeling nauseous yet. I usually have food aversions and so far I just haven't been able to eat my chicken once.

My main pg symptoms are usually bloating and constipation. True again for me this time around.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#45 of 45 Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 PM

6 weeks today ... getting excited, but hoping the next 6 weeks go by QUICKLY!

I'm not sure which is worse: extreme nausea and reflux or full-blown morning sickness. I had bad morning sickness last time, but this 24 hour extreme nausea and reflux when I eat even just a few bites is just as bad. At least with the morning sickness I could eat more and felt better for a while after being sick!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page