Weekly chat July 4- July 11!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start this up since I haven't seen one. So how was everyone's day? Anyone else want to fall asleep at their desk/couch like I did? Working for 8 hrs straight is killer!

ETA: Oops! July 10!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#2 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 PM

Yes! I totally wanted to sleep today. I'm feeling so fortunate that most of my first trimester is during the summer (I'm a teacher) and I'll be 11 weeks when school starts again.

It will kind of be a bummer to be so tired on my vacation in a couple of weeks, but I'll live.

I have not been feeling good today. I've had a ton of bloating, and some tummy issues (not nausea, the other kind, not to get to tmi) and I just felt like laying on the couch all day. I really need to clean my house before I go out of town. I have no idea when that is supposed to happen. I do two things and I'm tired again.
#3 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM

I pulled a back muscle on sunday and still recouperating from that. I went to the chiro twice since and hopefully it will help alot. I hate being in pain.

I seem fine for everything else. Got some prenatal vits from my naturopath. I need to call a midwife and see if she has space for me. If not then I'm stuck with the ob-gyn.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#4 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Thanks for starting the thread Adrienne. Good to hear from everyone

Sandrine- hope you feel better soon!

Lousli- Hope your tummy issues go away very quickly- no fun.

AFM- I'm doing well- it's actually making me a little nervous. I was throwing up a ton with all day nausea for a week by this time last pregnancy. I have been doing a supplement routine to be proactive about getting sick, so I have no idea if that's what's holding it a bay or if my hGC levels are low. Not that I want to be sick (I had enough for 5 pregnancies last time) but it just feels strange as the days go by. I guess many women don't feel it until 6w anyway, so maybe I'm just on track with that, instead of starting at 4w like last time. Okay- enough from me!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#5 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Amazing how a teeny little poppy seed can drain the life right out of you. Dh just keeps saying how awesome it is... every little twinge of pg symptoms. He's cute. lol

I don't expect m/s until next week (6w). Starting to be annoyed by smells.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#6 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Lousli I couldn't even fold laundry this weekend. I think the oppressive heat here has also drained me. DH and I spent 20 min today cleaning our house and it made a huge dent. Can you do 20/30 minutes a night? Slow and steady wins the race!

Sandrine that you get in with the MW!

Forest Mama Are you taking Milk Thistle? I just started today, too, in hopes that it keeps the m/s at bay. Let me know how it works for you if you are!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#7 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM

I called and left a message tonight to the mw, thinking that she will call tomorrow. She called back like 15min later and she did accept me!!! We talked a bit and I have an apt for the beginning of AUG. I hope I have the day off. lol Or else I will have to call and make other arrangement. It's hard to book appts when I'm working at home all day, plus caring for my littles ones and other littes ones.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#8 of 45 Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Adrienne- I am taking milk thistle among other things I posted my current list on the supplements thread.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#9 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 AM

I'm still trying to line up prenatal care - I'd really like a friend of mine (was a midwife, is taking a break to be a mom) to attend the birth and we're going to contact another midwife (one that caught my fourth child!) to see if they can work together (my former midwife isn't doing many homebirths at this point). Praying things work out!!!

I have severe nausea and was throwing up for days, but didn't at all yesterday, so am hopeful.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#10 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 AM

I've been worried that I haven't felt super hot or tired or sick yet. Then I woke up today feeling like a zombie living on the surface of the sun. It was 72 degrees in my house (dh "likes it cold" when he sleeps. energy waster... but I digress.)

So, I'm sure the nausea will be here in a few days and I am excited for t hat. Not that I want it to be bad, but it's just comforting to feel pregnant.

I think the fact that I am eating more protein from the get-go than I did with my son is helping a lot with nausea, though. I had this constant agonizing hunger with him that I now think might have been my body asking for more protein.

It's nice to hear how everyone else is doing!

Photographer-Mama to DS (2) and expecting #2 in March 2011.
#11 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm also wondering how come I feel so good, apart from the back pain. I usually have m-s pretty much all day and it was for almost 4mths with dd3. I think for me, why I dont have it right now is the high dose of Vit Bs that I was taking for my carpel tunnel and just to get healthier. I don't have carpel tunnel, been symptoms free for 2mths so maybe i will only have light m-s instead this time around. I hope so. lol

#12 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 PM

I too have worried that I'm not having m-s. Not that I want it, but considering that I was sick 4w-delivery, I wouldn't think I could get away with feeling well even this long. I had a little nausea earlier today though, so maybe I'm going to have it after all!

#13 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 PM

My nausea has drastically lessened and I actually feel good today. It makes me paranoid that things aren't ok, but I'm trying to be positive and be thankful that maybe this pregnancy will be TONS better than my last pregnancy's 23 weeks of morning sickness!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#14 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have been paranoid that I have not been feeling enough symptoms. I had my first appointment with the midwife yesterday. It went really well and she spent a lot of time talking with me which was awesome. The practice won't send me for an U/S until I am 8 weeks so a little less than 2 weeks to go. As I've mentioned in the past, I am having a hard time feeling comfortable with the idea of this pregnancy until I see a heartbeat after having a missed miscarriage my first pregnancy. I am definitely exhausted a lot though!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#15 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 PM

mom2threenurslings- I also was very sick the first time around. 6.5 months of multiple times a day vomiting and then all day nausea after that until birth. I am on a pretty aggressive supplement regime to try and kick it in the butt, but I guess I just have a hard time believing that is what is keeping it a bay.

#16 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 PM

I'm feeling so fortunate to not have severe m/s like some of you! My tummy problems have gotten much better today, and it seems that eating small meals is helping with that. I still have sore boobs and the test I took today to reassure myself was darker than the control line. So I'm feeling a little safer with this pregnancy, at least in knowing it isn't a chemical.
#17 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Today I just feel like I have the flu- crawly skin, weakness, just feeling generally blah. This seems so odd to me, to feel this way; it's like nothing I've heard about pregnancy.
Posted via Mobile Device

#18 of 45 Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM

Only feeling tired right now, so the lack of symptoms makes me worry more than I thought it would. Even though I haven't had any spotting this pg (I had a bunch with DS) makes me worried in a backwards kind of way, oy! This is only my second pregnancy, so it's hard not to compare even though I know they can be completely different.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#19 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

And the constant headache that I've had is so not cool. Caffeine withdrawal? My head is literally pounding whenever I move more than a little bit. Almost broke down and went to Starbucks this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM

HI
I am absolutely exhausted. It doesn't help that my 2 yo keeps waking up in the middle of the night.
I am also really bloated. I look like I am four months. I just keep wondering if I am going to get big quicker since this is number four.

I have a TMI question.
Do any of you experience a ton of cervical fluid? I keep running to the bathroom thinking something is wrong.

I feel the same way about not experiencing symptoms. IF I start feeling well I think something might be wrong.
#21 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Virginia884- I had a headache like that with my first. I think it's a normal early pg sign. Feel better!

#22 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozmom View Post
HI
I am absolutely exhausted. It doesn't help that my 2 yo keeps waking up in the middle of the night.
I am also really bloated. I look like I am four months. I just keep wondering if I am going to get big quicker since this is number four.

I have a TMI question.
Do any of you experience a ton of cervical fluid? I keep running to the bathroom thinking something is wrong.

I feel the same way about not experiencing symptoms. IF I start feeling well I think something might be wrong.
Yah, on the TMI thing, I've had that every pregnancy... I think it happens for some and not for others, just like every other symptom

I'm also a bit paranoid not to be feeling massive morning sickness. We lost a baby in April at 11.5 weeks and 3 days before the ultrasound, where we found out the baby died, my severe morning sickness stopped. Just have to remember that every pregnancy is different.

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#23 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
And the constant headache that I've had is so not cool. Caffeine withdrawal? My head is literally pounding whenever I move more than a little bit. Almost broke down and went to Starbucks this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have the same headache. My acupuncturist says it is likely the increase in progesterone. I find if a can get down at least a liter of water by lunch then have a cup of 1/2 caf coffee after, they aren't as severe. I had one the other day that lasted 10 hours

Hope you feel better soon.

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#24 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Tons of creamy cm here. I wiped once and it was so much it flung off the tp... ewww.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#25 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the replies.
You would think by the fourth I would not be so paranoid.

Bighappyfam Thanks for the laugh. I am glad to know I am not the only one.

Virginia and Shell I hope your headaches get better soon. I suffer from really bad ones usually around my period every month. Another good thing about being pg.
#26 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM

I'm paranoid too. I wish I could get in for an U/S before August 10th! I'm starting to consider calling a different OB because my office isn't being really good about getting back in touch with me in a timely way. I don't know, if I did have an U/S before my trip I'd be less than 6 weeks and I'd not see a heartbeat I'm sure, so I doubt that would ease any of my worry.
#27 of 45 Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM

I was in the store today eyeing the pregnancy magazines and decided that a weekly chat thread in the DDC would be more fun and a less expensive habit. So glad to log on and see this here!

I get lots of CM too. It's ok though, I'm so, so horny that the CM is probably preventing an injury!

So far I just feel carsick and headachy. No biggie. I don't feel nauseated unless I've gone too long without eating.

Today I told DD's pediatrician that I was pregnant and asked about weaning her to cow's milk vs. formula (in the even that nursing gets to be too painful and I've used up our freezer stash). We discussed it and then out of the blue this conversation happened:
Dr.: "I think you're having twins."
Me: "What? Wha. . . um. . . Why do you say that?"
Dr.: "I just have a sense about it, I think there's two in there."
Me: "Well, when I took the test the 'you're pregnant' line did show up WAY before the 'control' line. So I must have plenty HcG."
Dr.: *grinning* "Told you."
Me: "I'm not sure I can fit three car seats across the back of the car."

Then I went on to make a joke about putting DD in the trunk, but I'm not going to repeat that on the internet lest someone report me.

I would be SO HAPPY if it were twins. I'm already SO HAPPY but twins would be a gift too. Intimidating for sure, but wonderful.

My favorite pregnancy symptom so far: How GOOD food tastes. Unbelievable. I might consider being a surrogate so that I can keep tasting food like this. *drool*

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#28 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM

6 weeks today and here's the stomach issues. I feel like I have food poisoning or I'm hung over. No throwing up yet thank goodness! The only thing that sounded good to me this morning was a biscuit from McD's.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#29 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Annie..yesterday I told my dh I felt like I was hungover when I woke up that morning. I am 6 weeks and 2 days today.

Sarah..it will be interesting to see if you are pregnant with twins!! I wouldn't mind having them as well.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#30 of 45 Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
6 weeks today...ugh,still feeling very sick. Taking phenergan and zofran round the clock, so its helping me keep the food down and letting me function around the house. Might not be working much longer....thats going to be scary. Other than that, just eating 24/7 so that I don't feel sick. Not sleeping too well, having vivid dreams. Boobs not as sore, lots of CM here too. Frantically learning all I can about twin pregnancies, already started buying diapers..its going to be very expensive!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page