HBACers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've decided to go for a HBAC! SO EXCITED! Anyone else in the same boat, I mean, birth pool?

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#2 of 15 Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Me too! We had an HBAC with #2 and it was such an incredible, healing experience. Actually it happened so fast it was a UBAC . And after my first they told me I would never have a vaginal birth because my pelvis was too small. riiiiiight.

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#3 of 15 Old 07-07-2010, 01:55 PM

This will be my second HBAC.
I am very excited as my last birth experience was so wonderful.
#4 of 15 Old 07-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I'm planning a HBAC this time around. I had my first naturally. 2nd section (frank breech presentation and I didn't know better to try to get him to turn) and now I've educated myself and am planning on HBAC

Melanie, SAHM to Kyley Grace (5)  Elijah Franklin (2) and Asher John (March 17th)
#5 of 15 Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM

I almost HBAC'd last time, but after pushing for 4 hours, ended up transferring to a hospital and did VBAC an hour after getting there... I will HBAC this time around

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#6 of 15 Old 07-09-2010, 12:54 AM

I will be having my 2nd HBAC, too! It was such a great experience last time as well, I look forward to the same experience this time!

tree-huggin', outdoor lovin' paleo-eatin', crossfittin', homebirthin', placenta eatin', doula, wife and mom to 2 girls (06 & 08)

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 3rdtri.gif * * 40 * *

#7 of 15 Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM

I was just going to start a thread about this- glad I searched first!

Add me to the very excited to be HBACing list!!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#8 of 15 Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM

I was thinking about starting this thread last night too! I was planning on VBACing in a hospital but after a pretty awful CNM experience at my first appt, I'm meeting with the only midives in my area that will attend an HABC. I'm really looking forward to it and since I've met them before and love them to pieces, we are just going to have to work out payment. If they are able to slide the scale low enough I'm definitely HBACing.

I have also been going to ICAN meetings which have been amazing support. Two other moms in the group HBAC'd with these MWs as well so I hope I'm one of the success stories

Elizabeth (31) & DH (31)
DS born October 15th, 2008
Our amazing HBAC DD born March 21th, 2011
#9 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM

my second was a UBAC, this time we will a HBAC.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#10 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

OoOo I went an hour+ southeast of me to this farm where my midwife has her office. She proposed this awesome plan that I am very comfortable with. Since I am a HBAC she prefers I get an ultrasound to check out placenta and baby, and I can get that done at a practice in town that delivers in the hospital where I would have gone had I gone for a hospital VBAC. That way, I am already a patient there and in the system. If I do need to go into the hospital for a non-emergency reason, like I am just so spent or the baby is stuck after umpteen hours with zero progress, I can just go there, no hassle. The practice where I would go has midwives, and one of them is really homebirth-friendly. I've heard good things about this particular hospital really supporting what you want to do, rooming in, etc.

If I need emergency hospital transfer, there is a big hospital 5 minutes from my house, and I will go there.

We're assuming everything will stay great and I will just have baybay at home.

I am VERY excited to have not one, but three options. It makes me feel even more secure in my decision and at peace with the entire process. AND excited!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#11 of 15 Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 AM

Good news! DH and I met with the midwives and they were amazing! DH asked about a million vbac related questions and the MWs answered them all so articulately (DH is a scientist and likes hard number/statistics) and were so warm and compassionate. I'm really looking forward to working with them. They agreed that I was an excellent candidate for an hbac and offered us a sliding scale that we can work with in terms of payment. I'm so excited that this is working out and am really looking forward to asking all of you seasoned hbac'ers a million questions!

Elizabeth (31) & DH (31)
#12 of 15 Old 08-27-2010, 04:03 AM

Banana-Was your UBAC planned or unexpected? I'm so fascinated by unassisted and freebirth. If you're willing to share I'd love to hear your story

Elizabeth (31) & DH (31)
#13 of 15 Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 PM

My UBAC was planned. We were living overseas in Japan, my husband was in the military. The local HB MW's there are not legaly allowed to attend VBAC. Given the choice between the military hospital, a Japanese hospital, or UC there was no choice for us! I was fairly certain that my VBAC would not be achieved at the MTF.

I did get prenatal care from the MTF, and we did use a doppler during the birth. Everything was great, it was an awesome birth. It was a big PIA afterwards, but it's the military. If you try to make them work outside the box they flounder!

We decided to get a MW this time as ideally we would have had one that time, I'm hoping it will be nice if the only work I have to do is the birthing. DH says he wants a MW so he can take a nap if he gets tired.

I'm a big fan of female support suring labor, so we thought we'd give a HBMW a go! But I have to give a big up to UC. It was so empowering, and so right for us at the time. I have always been a believer in our inate birthing ability, but it's 100x's greater for me now.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#14 of 15 Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Planning our second HBAC!
#15 of 15 Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM

I'll probably just lurk in this thread since we decided to hold off on hbac, but I hope to be a future hbac! I have a wonderful hospital option in Seattle and feel absolutely comfortable going there. I think we'll probably try for a HBAC next time though!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page