How to keep positive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Knock on wood, but I haven't had any spotting/bleeding to warrant an early u/s this time like I did with DS. This also means that I probably won't hear the hb until around 12 weeks (prob. closer to 13w since I fudged my LMP by a couple days since I'm a VBAC hopeful and don't know where I'll end up delivering).

How do you stay positive about the pregnancy (I'm not religious)? I feel bad b/c I feel like I can't get excited until I know there is an actual baby in there. I've even been having nightmares and those don't help!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#2 of 9 Old 07-07-2010, 11:54 PM

How many billion people are on the planet? I seriously try to think about that. They all survived and chances are our babies will, too.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#3 of 9 Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 PM

I lost my last baby at 11.5 weeks pregnant, and I'm finding it hard to get really excited. I just keep telling myself that if it's meant to be, it will stick. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#4 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 AM

I have moments of doubting/wondering/stressing too. But then I remind myself that really this is something I have no control over. It's either meant to be or it isn't, and either way I should enjoy every moment I have with this baby.

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#5 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM

I hope your nightmares go away...hopefully this time period will pass quickly. I would probably stay away from google, try to stay busy..do spring cleaning early..lol..and maybe once fatigue and nausea hit (if you experience them) then you'll feel better (as crazy as that sounds..lol). Sorry you are feeling so anxious. (((hugs)))

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#6 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMommy View Post
I have moments of doubting/wondering/stressing too. But then I remind myself that really this is something I have no control over. It's either meant to be or it isn't, and either way I should enjoy every moment I have with this baby.

This is how I try to think. My first pregnancy resulted in a missed miscarriage and by 11 weeks I was not bleeding. Its so hard to feel confident that there is a viable baby in there without seeing it after that. I tell myself that what will be will be abd I have no control over it. You have us to obsess with which is nice

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#7 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 AM

Trying hard to be positive as well. I won't be having an u/s, so I'm anxiously awaiting hearing this little one's heartbeat! And seeing as I don't have prenatal care set up yet, I'm not sure when that will happen. I do have an appointment with my pcp when I'm around 10.5 weeks, so may see if she'll give it a quick try with the doppler.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#8 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 09:31 AM

I'm mostly trying not to think too much about it at this point. There's only a few things I can do for this pregnancy at this early stage - eat well, take folic acid, avoid a few foods... Other than that, focusing on March is just going to stress me out, so I'm not.

At this point, I can't picture bringing home a living baby next March, but I kind of figure I don't need to picture it yet. Sometimes, it is a good thing pregnancy lasts 9 months - long enough to get used to the idea!

Bridget - Mama to Noah (6/2/07) and missing Micah (stillborn 1/10/10).
#9 of 9 Old 07-08-2010, 03:42 PM

I had a miscarriage in March, no signs at all that anything was wrong until the ten week ultrasound. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant again. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. I'm very hopeful things will go well this time. All I can do is try to be positive and treat myself well. Here's to hoping for the best and visualizing a happy, healthy, strong baby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page