Mat clothes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where do/will you go shopping for mat clothes?

When do you think you will need them and start wearing them?

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#2 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM

I can make it thru the summer with sundresses. I will need a pair of jeans and some long sleeve shirts I'm sure. By 16-17 weeks I will need maternity.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#3 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm planning to shop my friends' closets, lol. Seriously, I have close friends with:
a 9 mo baby boy
a 7 mo baby girl
a 6 week baby girl
a 3 week baby girl
currently pg and due in Sept
currently pg and due in Dec/Jan

I'll probably need them by 12 weeks, and I may need some flowy stuff to tide me over until then. I plan to do any shopping I have to do online, probably Old Navy.
#4 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM

i have a few things leftover from my last pregnancy. I want to get atleast one pair of good jeans.

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#5 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM

I gave away my maternity wardrobe toward the end of my pregnancy with my fifth. I'll probably end up buying a few tops, but other than that, will live in my enwrapture skirts and thrift store finds.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#6 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 05:19 PM

I'm going to try and use my summer mat clothes from my last pregnancy plus one or two of these. Usually, a friend and I share maternity clothes but she's currently preg and due in sept. So I'll have to make do until she's back in regular clothes. I'm hoping more exercise this time around will help.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#7 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM

I still have some from my last two pregnancies..but I'll have to update with some new clothes. I will look at confinement shops first, probably target and old navy as well. Luckily I don't need too many new things.

As far as when I'll wear them..I will hide behind summer dresses while I can. I love them when I'm pregnant especially!! Then when I can't do that anymore I'll switch totally over.

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#8 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 06:13 PM

I am at a disadvantage, because I don't wear dresses. I wear them at home some, but I'm a jeans and tshirt kinda woman. I hope I can make it through the summer with what I have, and buy some stuff in the fall. I'm pregnant with exactly the same monthly timeline as I was with dd (baby's DD is 2w later than dd's was) but I sold all my clothes!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#9 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 PM

I've already done some online window shopping. I think it'll be Target and the Gap for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#10 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 PM

I really like the Gap maternity clothes, but they are a little more expensive, and I feel like I can't justify the extra expense, knowing that I will only be pregnant this one last time.
#11 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Have any of you used the full panel jeans?
I have always used the small panel.
I am just wondering if they are more comfortable and stay up better.
I have to do most of my shopping online because I live in a small town.
#12 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I really like the Gap maternity clothes, but they are a little more expensive, and I feel like I can't justify the extra expense, knowing that I will only be pregnant this one last time.
Ditto Lousli.

I will likely buy a couple pairs of jeans at Motherhood because their jeans fit me well last time (they have tall sizes yay). This time around I do have a 4 days a week part time job, so I do have to look semi put together.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#13 of 71 Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

I think i have some raggy mat clothes that I used for the girls but it's not alot. I'm hoping to be able to buy some clothes on clearance either online or in stores. There isn't many stores here that have mat clothes, so I will need to go often and check.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#14 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 01:36 AM

Gave away pretty much all my clothes when we moved a year ago. I hadn't planned to get pregnant again quite this soon, well at least until I got the baby itches! I'll probably do lots of thrift stores and asking on freecycle. I am not usually too picky because I stay home so I don't need dressy work outfits. I'm looking forward to it though! I bet I start showing in no time. My second pregnancy I was showing by like 8 weeks. My first it wasn't until 15 or 16 and then questionable.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#15 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post
I will likely buy a couple pairs of jeans at Motherhood because their jeans fit me well last time (they have tall sizes yay).
This is good to know! Tall sizes are a must for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLea View Post
I'll probably do lots of thrift stores and asking on freecycle. I am not usually too picky because I stay home so I don't need dressy work outfits.
Oh, if I didn't have to go to work I'd be living in DH's t-shirts and my yoga pants 24/7 instead of just the hours that I'm at home now!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#16 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM

I'll need at least some pants by 10 weeks, I'd think. I have a few pair and will have to assess. Last 2 pgs I borrowed from a friend, but she has moved out of state. I'll try to borrow from other friends and hit up a maternity consignment shop we have here.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#17 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM

I have no clue when I'll need maternity clothes this time around, but I will probably wear dresses as long as possible. I think I had two long-sleeved shirts from last time, so I definitely need to get some of those and a new pair of jeans since I wore the same ones from 15w on last time. I'm thinking I'll get a couple rouched shirts from Motherhood (or Macy's since their return policy is better for the Motherhood stuff).

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#18 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM

I am just about 7 weeks, so I have decided to just OWN THIS and start wearing my maternity dresses and stick my fat stomach out as much as I want. I mean, I am technically pregnant, after all, so even though I look 4 months, who cares? I am comfortable. In fact, I went through my closet and just put a ton of things in a giant contractor bag because I had a little talk with myself and figured out I was holding on to clothes I used to wear or that used to fit me. I will be a mother of 2 babies in less than 2 years and it's perfectly fine to build a new wardrobe from the ground up. I am way excited about this.

eta my pipe dream is to sew myself a fabulous maternity wardrobe. I can at least start with a few pieces.

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#19 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post

eta my pipe dream is to sew myself a fabulous maternity wardrobe. I can at least start with a few pieces.
I want to do this too, but I'm having a hard time finding plus sized (which I am) patterns. I have found a few that look promising though!

#20 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM

You know what's annoying? Motherhood doesn't carry XS but Mimi (their "upper end" brand) does. So what, you can't be broke and XS? There's no way I can afford to shop at Mimi.

My dream would be a whole lovely maternity wardrobe so I don't get sick of the sight of the 8 things i have to wear over and over. Sigh. Again, just hope I can borrow enough to make it most of the way through and only have to buy a couple of pieces.
#21 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
You know what's annoying? Motherhood doesn't carry XS but Mimi (their "upper end" brand) does. So what, you can't be broke and XS? There's no way I can afford to shop at Mimi.

My dream would be a whole lovely maternity wardrobe so I don't get sick of the sight of the 8 things i have to wear over and over. Sigh. Again, just hope I can borrow enough to make it most of the way through and only have to buy a couple of pieces.
doesn't gap carry xs maternity clothes?

#22 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM

I think so, yes, but I also think they are more expensive? I'm trying to see how long I can get away without buying anything!
#23 of 71 Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 PM

Check out their clearance rack. I get tons of stuff that way

#24 of 71 Old 07-11-2010, 01:26 AM

Yeah and what about Ebay for Gap?

#25 of 71 Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM

Thanks, those are great ideas! It also made me remember that there are outlets nearby and that one of the outlets is Gap and another is a maternity store. I guess when the time comes that I'll be needing clothes I have more options than I thought!
#26 of 71 Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 PM

If you look sooner than later, you'll catch the end of their winter clearnace Otherwise, you'll run into summer clearance which wont work in March

#27 of 71 Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Finding clothes that work is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant! (i'm a freak).

Here's what I just bought from ASOS.com (they're a british company, but shipping is about the same as what it would be from somewhere in the states).

dress (a little expensive, but I can wear it not pregnant as well)

t-shirt

http://www.asos.com//Vero-Moda/Vero-...px?iid=1011553

http://www.asos.com//Numph/Numph-Ski...spx?iid=849612

they also have a maternity section, but that was a little expensivo for me.

I think I am gonna live in leggings/elastic-waist pants and baggy shirts.

There is also a great book called "Pregnant and Chic" by Lynn Sutherland. It was written in the 80's, so it you can get past all the shoulder pad talk, there are a lot of good tips for finding clothes that fit your pregnant body without having to buy expensive maternity stuff. (like wearing sew-up kimonos, pareos, chef shirts with suspenders, etc.). The DIYer in me can't get enough of that kind of stuff.
#28 of 71 Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Ebay is my friend. I have already started looking on there. I know what I like and what usually fits me well so that is a plus. Also if I get something that does not work for me i just resell it.
#29 of 71 Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 AM

Oh yes, and I'm loving boxer shorts right now! I had to go buy my own cause the husband wears boxer briefs.
#30 of 71 Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Let's all get together and bring back the toga look. I mean, we could find cute and comfy bedsheets, right? And those Grecian/gladiator style sandals are totally in style already. Who's with me???

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page