Personal Selfishness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the past few weeks I find that I have been feeling very selfish. I want things done MY way. I don't want to listen to other people's problems. I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it. You get the idea. And when things don't go according to my plan, I get upset (mad and/or crying). I find I have less patience than normal and I don't have much patience with most folk anyway.

Is this just me?

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#2 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM

I think it may just be the hormones... I've been losing my patience sooo quickly with my little ones and not normally this way. With my last pregnancy, the same thing happened and got better at about 15 weeks. Can I recommend a natural stress relief? It's a Bach flower remedy called Rescue Remedy. I buy them in pastille form and pop one whenever I feel like I may lose it.

I hope you feel better soon.

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#3 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 PM

During the first trimester of my first pregnancy, I remember being so crabby! I just felt angry all the time. I didn't feel like myself at all. I hated it! Then one day it magically lifted, around 14 weeks or so, and one day I just woke up and felt like myself again. Luckily I'm not feeling quite so crabby this time...but still a little bit. But it will get better!
#4 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbell76 View Post
I think it may just be the hormones... I've been losing my patience sooo quickly with my little ones and not normally this way. With my last pregnancy, the same thing happened and got better at about 15 weeks. Can I recommend a natural stress relief? It's a Bach flower remedy called Rescue Remedy. I buy them in pastille form and pop one whenever I feel like I may lose it.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Shell! I'm gonna get some this weekend. My DS asked me today if he was bad, if I was mad at him. I started crying and told him I was sorry I was so mean but 5 minutes later I was yelling at him again. Would I look at Whole Foods or should I go someplace more specialized for the pastilles? I live in the crunchiest town in Texas so I'm sure I'll find them.

Mama to DS T (10/11/2004) and DD M (09/03/09) and cookin' up baby #3 due late March/early April 2010!
#5 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 10:21 PM

I don't live in Texas, but Rescue Remedy has been available in every Whole Foods/affiliate/major health food store that I have been in, and I have lived in five states in the past four years. You should be able to find it without a problem!
Yeah, I want things done my way lately, too, but I don't really have the energy to fuss about it. I find myself putting a lot of dishes back in the sink (they smell!), but I am sooo grateful that my sweetie has been doing more in the kitchen lately.

Helena, living in Oregon with my darling husband and our amazing little boy, born March, 2011. joy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnMsMama View Post
Thanks Shell! I'm gonna get some this weekend. My DS asked me today if he was bad, if I was mad at him. I started crying and told him I was sorry I was so mean but 5 minutes later I was yelling at him again. Would I look at Whole Foods or should I go someplace more specialized for the pastilles? I live in the crunchiest town in Texas so I'm sure I'll find them.
Whole Foods 100% will have it, but I found mine at Ralph's (Krogers) in the Natural section in the health aisle for half the price. If my anger is especially bad, I'll take Cherry Plum (another Bach flower essence). A couple drops in a glass of water and I feel like my old self before children. My last pregnancy in March (I lost at 11 weeks) I had out of control anger/rage for no reason. After two days of taking Cherry Plum (twice/day), I was doing the dishes, humming to myself. I'm a big fan of flower essences, homeopathy and aromatherapy, especially in pregnancy. I've learned over the years that homeopathics heal the body and flower essences heal the mind

HTH And just don't beat yourself up about your DS. Most likely he won't remember...

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page