Wkly Chat thread Aug 9th 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally I am starting to feel more human again. I still have my moments of extreme exhaustion, but I was able to clean the living room, dining room and kitchen yesterday. YAY! I even managed to drag all the kids to Target to get some well needed cleaning supplies

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM

I haven't been around as much because I went back to work last week. It is kicking my butt right now! I am so tired all the time and sometimes still pretty nauseated (I have good days and bad days.) I have one more week to set up my classroom and then the children come back the week after that. I really, really, hope I have some energy back soon. I am afraid to tell my work but I don't think I have any reason to put it off longer than about 2-3 more weeks or so. I'll be 10 weeks Monday.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Today, my husband's off on a camping trip. I'm annoyed. WE were supposed to go camping, but because of my bleeding I don't want to hike. So he is going without me.
That sucks!!

Has anyone done acupuncture for their nausea? The acupuncturist put a couple extra needles in the other day on the nausea points (DD and I get NAET allergy treatment), and I think my nausea is pretty much gone! I'm still crazy dizzy though, which isn't a whole lot better...

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:33 PM

milosmomma -- Stashing snacks is my plan. I'm taking string cheese and crackers with me (and we're allowed to have water, of course), so I'll be nibbling outside or in the bathroom as often as possible!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm still really tired these days even though I'm almost 12 weeks along. When am I going to have energy again?? It feels like it's never going to happen As you can tell, I'm also feeling extra emotional these days, too
Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 PM

I think I'm going to go back and read my pregnancy journals with my other children to see if I can figure out when my symptoms of tiredness and nausea subsided. I know I have more nausea this time than the other two times though. I am honestly surprised that at nearly 10 weeks I still have frequent nausea. I'm nowhere near as bad as many people have it, so I'm not really complaining, but I just feel like I had very, very little before, and now i have a lot. And the tiredness, whoo!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Has anyone done acupuncture for their nausea? The acupuncturist put a couple extra needles in the other day on the nausea points (DD and I get NAET allergy treatment), and I think my nausea is pretty much gone! I'm still crazy dizzy though, which isn't a whole lot better...
I did and it did help out a bit. i wasn't able to go back, so my m/s are still here.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Well, it looks like I'm not going to have my u/s on the 18th as planned. My OB office called me yesterday about an outstanding balance on my account. I explained to them (again) that due to a garnishment on my check I would be unable to make payments for about 4 more weeks, maybe 6. They said not good enough. So, I have to find a new OB or something!

I am really needing that u/s to help with dating. My LMP was somewhere around June 8-11 (I'm really bad at tracking) and it was a light one. However, most of my periods are light. But I remember thinking this one was even lighter than usual. So...implantation or period? No clue. I also got pregnant while on birth control, so that might throw it off even further. Phooey!

I have an appointment with a midwife Wed. But I don't think she has u/s available to her. I've thought about going to the ER with complaints of cramping and spotting to get one, but that seems a bit extreme to me.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_Bookwyrm View Post
Well, it looks like I'm not going to have my u/s on the 18th as planned. My OB office called me yesterday about an outstanding balance on my account. I explained to them (again) that due to a garnishment on my check I would be unable to make payments for about 4 more weeks, maybe 6. They said not good enough. So, I have to find a new OB or something!
Booooo. Hiss. So sorry.

Helena, living in Oregon with my darling husband and our amazing little boy, born March, 2011. joy.gif
Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Today, my husband's off on a camping trip. I'm annoyed. WE were supposed to go camping, but because of my bleeding I don't want to hike. So he is going without me. I'll try to clean up around the house, I guess. He did a bunch of dishes yesterday, which helped a lot, and picked up a lot already, but I feel like a lazy slob.
Aw, I'd be really sad too. Did he have a miserable time without you?

this weekend has been a breath of fresh air. I'm certainly in no way feeling 'normal', but I'm not throwing up, I'm pooping (sorry if TMI), and I've found a nice rhythm to eating food that seems to be keeping me from hitting rock bottom. I still have very little physical energy which is frustrating, before I got pregnant I was going to the gym 4 days a week and running 3 miles each time, now I can barely make it on a 2 mile slow walk. I get really hungry about 3/4 of the way into it. Oh well, I'm hoping my endurance comes back.

We installed a reverse osmosis water tap this weekend, and I'm so excited to have yummy water without filling up our polycarbonate containers!

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldingoddess View Post
Aw, I'd be really sad too. Did he have a miserable time without you?
Ha! No, he had a good time, of course. But I was fine the night he was gone, as it turned out, so I'm not holding a grudge.

My first rehearsal went surprisingly well last night. I spent the two 10-minute breaks eating cheese and crackers in the bathroom. I hope I can continue to keep the nausea at bay.
Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glad to see some of us are feeling better. I am feeling much better,not normal,but better. I still have the horrible insomnia. I have slept a total of 7 hours in the last 3 days I believe. I have tried everything. I give up. I guess I will sleep one day.

I go thursday for my NT scan...kinda excited about seeing the babies again.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM

i wouldn't mind a night or two alone right now. it's impossible to get anything "extra" done lately, just scraping by keeping everything together between the exhaustion and crazy-summertime-weekend plans.

glad to hear so many are swinging back towards "normal" again. i think i may be as well. i was able to actually eat some of the veggies from my garden last night, and thinking about recipes to use up our cucumbers. i would have perished from the thought a week ago.

but the hunger pains/nausea is still hard. and it's reminding me that i cough when i'm really hungry. big, hacking coughs. yesterday i was even sneezing. google won't tell me why i do that!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 PM

Well I went to my High Risk OB and we are good to go!!!! He even encourages VBAC even with my funky uterus!!! So yeah!!!!!!! And baby has a hb of 176 and was really squirmy the whole time! So cute!
In other news I have my first midwife appt of Wednesday. And I'm not feeling as crappy as long as I eat every few hours. If I get too hungry, watch out!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 AM

Potatocraft, that is great news!

There's a new chat thread for this week. Come on over everybody!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

User Tag List