Wkly Chat thread Aug 9th 2010 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I would start a new one.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I had a great wkend. I went shopping for my girls and for me. I got a new maternity wardrobe! I can't wait to start wearing them all. I never had much in mat clothes for my other pgcies and I just tried to tough it out with the few mat clothes that I did have.

Today, I also have a midwife appt. I can't wait. My dh wants to bring the girls so it would be totally cool if we could hear the heartbeat.

How many wks are you today?? I'm 10wks and 1 day.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm 8 weeks today! Have fun at your appointment today. I don't have my first appointment for another 2-1/2 weeks.... I'm trying to wait patiently.

Speaking of exciting maternity clothes- I hit the Goodwill last week, and it just happened to be $1.29 red tag day, and I found 2 really nice long sleeve shirts (perfect for this winter!) with red tags!! Gotta love that deal.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM

I am eight weeks, five days today. I started getting morning sickness on Friday, along with a big, bad case of the tireds. I couldn't even stand up long enough to let my sweetie give me a good hug. I want only bean and cheese burritos, but haven't been able to bring myself to soak beans. I even made my fella stop at Taco Bell yesterday, since we were driving through a town we aren't very familiar with.
Today, I think I might have enough energy to water the garden and call another couple of midwives, since the more I think of it, the less I relish the idea of having to live somewhere else for the last month of my pregnancy in order to be close to the first midwife I interviewed. Shame, I liked her.

Helena, living in Oregon with my darling husband and our amazing little boy, born March, 2011. joy.gif
Old 08-09-2010, 03:30 PM

10w6d. Oh my, time is already going by so quickly. Before we know it, we will be holding our new little wee ones. I am starting to feel better. As long as I keep the procession of food going LOL

We started out fall session of homeschooling today. Whew, wears me out. Atleast the kids have been more than happy to start up again. They love learning and it keeps them busy Of course the babies are playing nicely right now and as soon as I am ready to start up the next lesson, they will get rowdy again.

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM

I'm 8w1d today and have barely any symptoms. I'm exhausted and I have a lot of trouble moving food through my system, but no nausea or ms, no real issues... I do have a lot of a metallic taste in my mouth, and that's about it... Oh and I'm starving!! I just ate two servings of green beans and now debating a yucky big Mac! I'm a nervous wreck about this pg because I've already lost three babies, but in somewhat of a pattern.... We lost one in october 2002" then had my dd in aug 2003... Lost one in April at 11 wks in 2006, then had my ds in march 2007... Then lost this most recent one in feb 2010, at ten wks... So I'll feel a lot better nice we get past the eleven wk mark.... We have found out both of those losses when the md tried to listen for hb and it wasn't there.... My body apparently doesn't let me know when there's an issue and that is no good!

Anyway, I am still Hanging around for now and will be hopeful that we all have a long time together here

Suzanne
Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Hi ladies! I'm 10w3d today and I thought I had made it past the sickie days but nope, came back on strong! I pretty much go downhill after lunch. Hopefully this will be over soon. I had an appt with my endocrinologist today to go over my TSH levels. (I have Hashimoto's) We agreed that even though my TSH is a little low right now, we are going to keep my meds as is because I haven't hit the peak time yet when my body will be requiring more T4. I'm so glad that I happened to start seeing him right before I got pregnant!

DSS 15 comes home tomorrow from running camp so we will tell the kids then. I'm getting nervous! And I want to tell them in a fun and special way but I don't have any great ideas...anybody wanna help out? They have younger siblings at their mom's house so giving DSS 9 something that says "Big Brother" wouldn't make sense because he's already a big brother.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hiya gals...Im 10w 4 d.....my sickness has eased on up, thank God!! I still am having adversions to smells, still cant have hubby near me too much, but other than that, easin on up!! I cleaned my bedroom and bathroom Saturday! Yahoo!! Sun I came down with a cold so I am fighting that now...

I go to the OB wednesday..maybe I can hear hearbeats.

I am so hungry, I eat a HUGE meal and I am starving 1 hour later. This is ridiculous. I have no adversions to foods at this time. If its there, I eat it.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM

I'm 10w2d today ... and awaiting my first midwife appointment on Wednesday. Praying we hear a heartbeat, as dh's vasectomy is the next day and I don't think I could deal with worrying about baby AND dealing with dh. : I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor tomorrow to see how the labs came out for my thyroid levels and to see if we need to up my meds. I had a BUSY weekend and a BUSY day today and just want to curl up on my futon and sleep, but alas, I'm providing childcare for a 2 year old, 3 of my kids have soccer camp this evening, and I have a ton of housework to do that didn't get done this weekend. Ugh.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 PM

10 weeks today! I'm in no rush for this pg to fly by. I actually hope it is long and I accomplish a lot of to-do's.

Still sick, dizzy, disgusting breakouts. I hope this isn't an ugly pg.

I'm really surprised at how big my uterus is. I'm not showing at all but the heart beat is way out of the pelvic cavity for 10 weeks. Probably something to do with 7 babies.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 PM

I am 8w5d today. Like Strongmama, I've got a cold and I'm feeling kind of lousy.

I had a couple days without ms, followed by 2 days of constant nausea. My stomach is like a volcano, and green beans and tomatoes, two of my favorite summer foods, don't do well when they hit the molten lava.

My kids are sick, too, so we're just sitting around watching PBS all day. We went to California Adventure on Saturday, so it's kind of nice to have a lazy day. But I suppose I should try to rally and fix them some lunch, as Sesame Street is only on for another half hour. And they're getting a little restless, but I'm ready for a nap.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Not much time to reply, since I'm on my lunch break at work. My first day back and I have 2 weeks to set up my classroom and then the children return the 23rd. My appointment is in two days and I'm so excited. Right now, I'm just feeling extra, extra tired and still fighting nausea. I'm 9 weeks today.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

My appt went well but we didn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. So we'll try again next time.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM

I'm just about 9 weeks. Still feeling icky, puking about once a day and overall ew feeling rest of the day. Can't get anything done and the cosmos has been working against me napping for the last 3 days in a row. I swear if I could just get a midday nap I'd feel so much better! My poor kids aren't getting exercise besides running around the couch and jumping on the bed but it is a hundred degrees outside! So even if I wasn't pregnant there isn't much we'd be doing, maybe swimming more.

Plus we're trying to buy a house with very little money and the struggle is stressful. We're on our second bid and hoping to not get outbid again but it's looking like a strong possibility.

Just getting through each day and trying to relish the day I'll wake up feeling good again!

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
Old 08-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Well, if the dates are right, I am 8w3d today. The need to eat everything is starting to fade, but I am still tired as all get out. If the craps table is dead, I can almost fall asleep standing up.

Everything else is going well and I'm scheduled for an u/s on the 18th. We are all really looking forward to it. We'll be pulling DS out of school early so he can go with us to see. Afterward, we are supposed to meet with a midwife and possibly a doula to see if we will work well together and I might get my homebirth after all.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
Old 08-09-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm 9w 5days today. Besides insane exhaustion, I feel pretty good. I have a MW appt on Thursday and hope we hear a HB. Then we are leaving for a 6 week long RV trip across America My 2 and 4 year old are sooooo excited! It's something my DH and I did 6 years ago and are excited to share this experience with our little monkeys. Thank goodness for MiFi, as I will be connected to internet our whole trip

I hope everyone else is enjoying the end of summer!

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

Old 08-09-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm 8wks 2days today. Still feeling sort of ick. Not as bad as a couple weeks ago (all day puking), but I still feel like things are landing in my stomach with a "thud".

DD started school last Thursday, so I'm still trying to get into a routine. And now my boss has just offered me a new schedule which will require a whole new routine. Right now I work Mon-Fri 4p-midnight, which causes me to hardly see DD (she gets home at 3p and I have to leave at 3:20) and never get enough sleep (I get home at 12:30 and then get up at 6a to get DD ready for school). So a 8a-4p schedule will be AWESOME, however my off days will be Mon & Tues, which means I'll miss DD's Saturday soccer games. (That's really the only downside, I guess). I don't know...I've been on this schedule for so long that I guess I'm just afraid of change. This all has nothing to do with pregnancy, except that I'm tired and emotional....

I have my 1st appt on Friday. DP is taking a long lunch so he can go too. Last time we were pretty laissez-faire (because it was out 2nd) and he didn't go, and then I was a complete wreck waiting for the U/S because I was convinced something was going to be wrong and I was there alone.

Ugh, it's SO HOT HERE...I can't wait until it gets cooler.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 PM

8w 1d today! Feeling pretty yucky still.. worse then the weeks before this I think.

Didn't some of you say you had your worst time around 8 weeks and then started to feel a bit better? Maybe?

I had a plan to get a lot done today - got nothing done at all. I had a headache last night all night finally started going away this morning but I felt drained. Talked to my mom today who is helping provide care to my beloved Aunt who as at home with hospice care and not much longer to live. I deal with that ok most days but hearing my mom who was obviously having a hard day today really made hit me hard again.

After a good cry about that and just feeling bad and stressed in general I managed to have what turned out to be a very peaceful nap and I am now dressed and have to do pick up DD from daycare already! So much for getting something done today (supposed to be working at home getting ready for next semester and our upcoming trip) but at least I feel a bit more able to cope for the evening then I did earlier today.

EARLY weds morning we leave for a trip up to an Island in the St. Lawrence riverway in Canada. My stepmom has a cabin on a Island up there and it is wonderful. I am starting to really worry about the plane travel/car drive but I am hoping that being able to hangout on a hammock at the tip of a island and let other people deal with all the cooking etc. will help. I need to get out my house where I just feel bad all day.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM

I'm at about 7 weeks 1 day today and feeling pretty bad. Tired, nauseous and having lots of food aversions. I'm really hungry, but everything just sounds so gross, even healthy things I normally like, i.e. brown rice and avocado. Just thinking about food grosses me out!

I know this is just a phase and it will pass, but it is a doozy!

My first prenatal appointment is tomorrow! Don't think I will be getting an ultrasound or hearing the heart beat or anything fun like that until later though.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM

9wks 4days here. Still feeling super gross. I'm hungry a lot and do so much better when I eat, but everything sounds nast other than plain toasted waffles I could probably sleep for 15 hours strait. Can't wait to feel 2nd tri good!

Our first mw appt is Friday, so excited. Can't wait to hear a lil beat

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Old 08-10-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm off to my follow-up thryoid function appointment with my 'regular' doctor ... for some reason I'm feeling great anxiety about the appointment. Ugh. I just hope all is well or my levels are still borderline and haven't dropped too much due to pregnancy.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 PM

I'm 7 weeks 4 days today.... was feeling good but the closer I get to 8 weeks the more nauseous I get

We were out of town much of last week and over the weekend- we told our friends we met up with which was fun as we aren't telling people at home yet.

I have some house projects going on and I am just trying to stat focused on that and not the pukey feelings (although the need to clean the toilet just in case keeps crossing my mind).

Anyone else got the baby shopping bug?

Mama to DD-9, DSS-11, happily married and living with 1dog, 1 cat, 7 chickens, and 2 ducks....expecting 03/11
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM

I do! I want to buy maternity and baby clothes, but I'm kind of waiting until I get a heartbeat tomorrow at my appointment. Hopefully they will do an ultrasound and I'll get to see it.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:59 PM

I bought a few gender neutral items when I first found out I was pregnant but nothing since then. I really need to start looking for maternity clothes at goodwill but I just haven't had time to go over there yet.

We told the kids this evening. They really like to play games so we decided to tell them by playing a game of Hangman. They did a few rounds and then DH said it was his turn. He put the blanks up to spell out "We are having a baby!" and the kids started guessing letters. DSD 11 was the first one to figure it out but I don't think she knew that it was for real. They all seemed sort of shocked but DSS 9 was very excited. DSS 15 seems mad. Oh well. Hopefully he will come around. I showed the girls pics online tonight of how big the baby is and they were interested in that.

In other news I'm still needing to cram protein in my face as much as possible. It's getting pretty old. Hopefully it will let up soon.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Hey Annie, I think when i was 15 everything made me mad.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLea View Post
Hey Annie, I think when i was 15 everything made me mad.
Yeah, at 15 he's probably just disgusted to have confirmation that you and his dad are having S-E-X.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
Yeah, at 15 he's probably just disgusted to have confirmation that you and his dad are having S-E-X.
Bahahahahaha! Definitely!

Jen, Wife to DH Rob, Mama to DD Paige 17 months and Lab/Doberman Jedi 5 years, and a new little friend due 3.22.11
Old 08-11-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
LOL!

I'm 9 weeks 4 days today. I was starting to feel like I was the slowest person establishing care with a midwife, but it seems like I'm not that far behind. I'm meeting with one in two weeks to see if we mesh. I should call another I want to interview and see if I can meet with her sometime before that.

I have not vomited and am still fighting what I call the war on vomit. All in all this pregnancy is so much easier than the one with my son was. I, too, have to cram protein in my face constantly, but it is making me feel good and seems to be keeping my milk plentiful.

I keep wondering if there are some special benefits to nursing while pregnant that might be part of what is making this pregnancy easier.

Photographer-Mama to DS (2) and expecting #2 in March 2011.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies!!!! I've been having a hard time keeping up on here so I wanted to stop in and say hi! I am 11w 1d today! I'm so happy to be getting closer to the second trimester.

I only skimmed the thread but I think someone was nervous about their symptoms. Anyway, I wanted to chime in that my symptoms are only hunger, exhaustion and metalic taste in my mouth. I have seen the heartbeat 2 times and rented a doppler and have heard the heartbeat recently . Anyway, just wanted to share that I am in a similar boat symptom wise and things seem to be going well.

Sticky vibes to us all!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 PM

I had a great appointment! One healthy baby with a perfect little heartbeat. Measured 9w 3d ( due date March 13th) but they said by my LMP I am 9w 1d with a due date of March 16. So somewhere in that window.

User Tag List