This hunger is killing me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I am used to eating like a bird. I am not a foodie. I am one of those people that go all day without eating and then at 9pm say: Hmmm,did I eat today? No, I dont think I did. O well.....

Not anymore. And its irritating me. I eat ALL DAY LONG. Here is a list of things I ate yesterday. I kept one. I was out of bread and dairy after my toast.
1. 2 slices of toast with butter and jam
2. 1 cinammon roll
3. 1 large cup of hot cocoa made with water
4. 1 small plate of left over chinese(chow mein noodles, rice, seseme chicken, crab salad)
5. 1 small bag salt and vinegar chips
6. apple
7.peach
8. plum
9. ice cream sandwich
10. another small plate of more left over chinese
11. granola bar
12. handful of peanus
13. apple
14.plum
15. 2 waffles with syrup
16. 2 blueberry poptarts

and i woke up at 3 am STARVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
That is so much food, for me. I dont know what to do! I normally eat oatmeal and eggs everyday. I just get tired of the same things. Right now, at 6am I went to Jerry Js and got a egg, tomatoe, ham and cheese biscuit.

If I do not eat I get extreme hunger pains. Or I feel sick. Or both. I try to ignore the hunger......I just have never experienced this before. Now that my nausea is letting up, its getting worse, too. Is this because I am having twins?? IDK... just a food vent, I guess.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 AM

It may seem like a lot, but if you look at it it really isn't THAT much. I would guess that you're right around 2200 calories, which isn't that much for growing TWINS. I would say go for some protein and that will hopefully fill you up. Or keep snacking... that looks like a pretty good day for me!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#3 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

I guess it just SEEMS like a lot to me,cos I am used to eating maybe 1000 cal a day, just because I just dont eat alot. I dont require a lot of food normally. It just feels so gross, I feel like a fat pig eating all the time. lol

#4 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Just looking at your list, I would say add more protein definitely. And I agree, you're growing twins so you're going to need more than 1000 calories per day! If it makes you feel better, here's what I ate yesterday:

-piece of whole wheat bread w/peanut butter and jelly

-cup of OJ

-2 eggs fried in pam w/slice of cheese sandwich

-cup of OJ

-bowl of lentils w/brown rice

-power bar

-pasta bake, 2 pcs whole wheat garlic toast, lima beans and cup of milk (dinner)

-small bowl Fruity Pebbles w/milk

I can't deal with all the fruit right now...most carbs make me want to die!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#5 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

I normally eat an egg or two every day, but didnt yesterday cos I just got sick of eggs.lol Yeah, I need more protein, but not much on cooking at the moment, oh I forgot something on the list, I ate a baked potatoe with bacon and chili and cheese from Wendys, which felt gross but tasted soooooooo good.

#6 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh,and I am also drinking a LOT. Like 50+ oz of water a day plus other drinks, koolaid and apple juice and sweet tea,mostly. I am drinking about 80 oz or more a day. On top of eating.

#7 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 AM

I know when you are not used to eating much it must feel like a ton, but I don't think it looks too bad! Maybe you could get your midwife or whoever to help you set up a daily "diet" plan. Something general but a guide for you (something like x number fruits servings, X number proteins, X number breads etc.).

Having something with protein with any snack should help a bit (yogurt or cheese with the fruit maybe)? I am guessing you are just stuck with needing to eat lots of small meals all day!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#8 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM

yep, add some more protein to every meal and that should help tons. Cheese or yogurt are my favorites. Chobani greek yogurt is yum yum.

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#9 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM

Oh my sugar! That's the culprit right there. Ditch the sugar and go for protein and fiber. That amount of sugar is keeping you in a vicious cycle of grabbing for more.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#10 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM

I would add more protein and fat. Usually I'm hungry every hour when I eat the bird food my mom cooks. But last night I cooked teriyaki steak strips (cooked in coconut oil) with broccoli and rice and it kept me full for about 3-4 hours.

When I eat fruit I like to eat a little cheese or peanut/almond butter with it.

When I was faithful about getting in all my coconut oil, butter, and fish oil I was never hungry.

BTW this is the diet I'm trying to follow:

http://www.westonaprice.org/children...g-mothers.html

It might seem extreme for some people, but I'm really hoping it works to ward off the autism that runs in my family.

Wifey to B-Rax  Momma to Cartman 10-30-2006.  Gryff 5-7-2008.  angel.gif 8-15-2010.  My rainbow1284.gif baby Babs 11-13-11.  Due with #4 in May/June.  Gluten-Free. Raw milk drinkers. Urban homesteaders.
 teapot2.GIF  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif  cd.gif  knit.gif  chicken3.gif  waterbirth.jpg 

#11 of 16 Old 08-10-2010, 08:45 PM

Apples and or celery dipped in nut butter! Yum! And extra protein.

I think your day looks yummy! Wish I could eat like that!

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#12 of 16 Old 08-11-2010, 01:38 AM

Before I had my first I was more of a bird eater. But now I'm not. I definitely notice that eating more protein and fats satisfies me. If I don't eat enough I am constantly hungry.

Twins do require more calories, as well. But I find that if my body is craving protein it remains hungry until it gets it.

Photographer-Mama to DS (2) and expecting #2 in March 2011.
#13 of 16 Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post
Oh my sugar! That's the culprit right there. Ditch the sugar and go for protein and fiber. That amount of sugar is keeping you in a vicious cycle of grabbing for more.
ITA. Try more fat & protein and less sweets/carbs (including excessive amts of fruit). Fresh veggies are incredibly satisfying in this summer heat.

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#14 of 16 Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 PM

i guess im the only one that lol'd at #12...perfect typo.

but yes, i'd guess that the carbs are keeping you hungry...even though all i want is carbs these days...ive been trying to focus on getting protein in with it, at least.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#15 of 16 Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post
i guess im the only one that lol'd at #12...perfect typo.
HA! Didn't even catch that until you pointed it out. Hilarious.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#16 of 16 Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Who says it was a typo?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page