anyone tried intelligender? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I'd ask I bought one to try but haven't done it yet. I won't rely on it, just thought it would be something fun to do to see if it is right or not. I will probably take mine tomorrow

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#2 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 04:00 PM

what is it?

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#3 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

www.intelligender.com
it's supposed to be able to tell your baby's gender by 10 weeks. Its an at home test

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#4 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Its just as reliable as the draino test.

Which is to say... its not reliable at all, unfortunately. I think the chances that it is wrong are actually higher than the chances that it is right.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM

draino test?

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#6 of 15 Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Which is to say... its not reliable at all, unfortunately. I think the chances that it is wrong are actually higher than the chances that it is right.
So you're saying, if it's say, 85% wrong, then it's 85% right for the opposite gender? ;

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!
#7 of 15 Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM

It's actually supposed to be 80-90% accurate, which means it's far better than chance but still not totally reliable. I know someone whose group of 8 moms did it and it was right for all of them, 4 girl, 4 boy.
I bought one and will probably take it tomorrow. I'm not going to rely on it, but it'll be fun anyway!
#8 of 15 Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

I agree it is definitely fun I took mine on friday and it came out boy. I've had a feeling this one was a boy so it will be exciting to see if it was right or not! Let me know what yours says

#9 of 15 Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM

i took it and it was right for me and my sister in law took it and it was right for her too!-- it's more accurate if it says girl than boy.. and you need to make sure you follow the directions closely because it's based on your PH level so if you dont you are basically waisting your money!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#10 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 AM

I did it yesterday and it showed girl. I had a little feeling I was having a girl, and was given a girl name while falling asleep a month or so ago, but really doubted it because my DH's family is practically all boys (9 out of 10 in the paternal line!). But, I guess I have a decent chance of having a little girl now. We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumyonly1 View Post
i took it and it was right for me and my sister in law took it and it was right for her too!-- it's more accurate if it says girl than boy.. and you need to make sure you follow the directions closely because it's based on your PH level so if you dont you are basically waisting your money!
No! They say on the website that it doesn't have anything to do with PH levels! But definitely follow the instructions and don't touch it or move it after starting the test, and read it after 10 minutes exactly. Take a picture too!
#11 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 PM

I used it at 12 or 13 weeks with Lilah, it said she was a boy, and it also exploded into the air and dumped onto my very expensive maple dinning table and took the stain off. The intelligender company had to pay over $600 to have it refinished for me.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#12 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
it also exploded into the air and dumped onto my very expensive maple dinning table and took the stain off. The intelligender company had to pay over $600 to have it refinished for me.
Maybe it IS the draino test. Seriously- I just googled both, and they sound pretty much the same!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#13 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 02:48 PM

I've taken it with each pregnancy and it has been right both times. It says boy again, but as my husband says - maybe it just always says boy! I certainly don't plan to make any purchases based on it, but it kind of fun as long as you don't take it seriously. And I guess as long as you keep it away from your dining room table!

Bridget - Mama to Noah (6/2/07) and missing Micah (stillborn 1/10/10).
#14 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 AM

DDCC-

Im currently 20 weeks and used intelligender at 14-15 weeks and got a definite boy result, and U/S on wednesday says girl!! My first after two boys so i was happy for intelligender to be wrong!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#15 of 15 Old 04-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Intelligender is currently in a federal class action lawsuit.  Here's the info from the attorneys for the plaintiff (website www.strangeandcarpenter.com):

Gram v. Intelligender, LLC, a putative nationwide class action arising from Intelligender's marketing and selling of its Gender Prediction Tests, which Intelligender represents will predict the gender of unborn children at a high accuracy rate well before an ultrasound or sonogram can do so. Plaintiff has alleged that the Test is scientifically incapable of producing a predictive accuracy that is better than chance, and as such, all purchasers of the Test have been injured by their purchases of useless products.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page