Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whatcha have? Whatcha going to get?

So far I have
2 beautiful Mutts
a dzn infant prefolds

3 pairs of longies (1 nb, 2 sm/md)
3 wool sleepsacks
and I am just about finished knitting a small wrap soaker.

I keep waffling back and forth between getting 2dzn preemie and infant prefolds or getting more fitteds. I think I am leaning towards prefolds for the first couple months and then investing in a fantastic size medium stash (since Bean will most likely wear those the longest) Oh but nb fitteds with teh umbilical snap down are sooooo nice for those first few days

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have 15 sz small Fuzzi Bunz that I bought from a friend when DS was born (he's actually still in them...skinny bunz ) that I stuff with prefolds.

I have a weird assortment of sx medium AIOs & Pockets from DD. A few Happy Heinys, a few Little Raindancers, a bunch of WAHM dipes. DS hasn't even moved up into these and I'm not sure if he will before he's on the potty, so I suppose I'll go through them at some point and weed out the junk.

NB size is my challenge right now. Last time I bollowed from a couple friends, but that's not an option this time around. I have a friend who's offered her dipes to me, but she mentioned that she only had a few NB dipes. I guess I'll play it by ear. I know a lot of babies grow out of the size quickly, but DS was in NB dipes for 6 months! I'll probably get a few more prefolds and maybe a couple covers.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 08-18-2010, 10:19 PM

I have at least 18MEOS with doublers. I'm not sure about the rest as they have been in storage for the past 2yrs. i do have newborn covers but not sure about the elastics.

I want to start shopping right now. lol lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 08-18-2010, 11:27 PM

I have a ridiculous amount of cloth right now, even though my youngest has been out of diapers for a year. I have most of my 1st's diapers, all of my 2nd's and a bunch of friends gave me stuff when they found out I was pregnant again.

6-10 sm kushies, some fitteds, some AIOs
6 sm kissaluvs
15 sm swaddlebees fitteds
10-12 med miscellaneous WAHM's fitteds and pockets
12 lg swaddlebees fitteds - in TERRIBLE condition though
20 lg hand-made by me fitteds
18 regular (not newborn) prefolds
2 snappis
2 med Bummis SSWs
2 lg Bummis SSWs
1 lg fleece cover
1 sm fleece cover
1 pair med longies
2 sm wool soakers
2 med wool soakers
2 lg wool soakers
1 lg aristocrats nighttime soaker
1 med nicky wrap cover (cotton)
2 med felted wool covers
6 med g-diapers covers
1 med motherease cover

Wow... That's obscene. I may have to go through my stash and put some up on diaperswappers...

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 AM

Holy crap nessa.

I still all my stash from DD- bunch of bum genius one-size, and some random WAHM pockets and AIO's. My favorites ended up being the bamboo AIO (with floating liner) diapers. DD's been out of diapers since just after a year, since we EC'd (didn't start until 7mo though.) This time I definitely want to start ECing earlier, but I'm sure my stash will come in handy for the first couple months.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 AM

Now this is an exciting thread!

I am stash-less... I CDed DD but that was a long time ago. Back then I was a prefolds kind of gal but this time I think we are going to do MEOS and some fuzzibunz.

I am hoping to knit a couple of longies and make some soakers but I a pretty slow crafter.

Anybody have an opinion on which ME material is best?

Mama to DD-9, DSS-11, happily married and living with 1dog, 1 cat, 7 chickens, and 2 ducks....expecting 03/11
Old 08-19-2010, 03:06 AM

I currently have
5 med gcovers
18 gcloth inserts
12 cheap gerber prefolds

this is the stuff my 14 month old is currently wearing. we didn't start cding her until 9-months, so we don't have smaller stuff from her.

we also have 2 newborn kushies AIO that my sister in law gave us after DD was too big for them

planning on getting some newborn prefolds and covers (I might knit some wool ones) and a few AIOs for daddy to use
and some small prefolds and fitteds with covers and some AIOs and maybe some pockets for at night.

I don't have much experience with CDing since we didn't with DD for so long, so I'm planning on trying a bit of everything until we figure out what works for us.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 AM

We just found our stash of cloth in the basement the other day. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet. I can't wait to get in there. I'm hoping the elastic is still good on the covers and the few AIOs that I had from DS.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

If I was rich and famous I'd have a full stash of Mutts and Elbees. But since I am the complete opposite, I'll pry spring for prefolds, again Hee

Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 AM

I have:

18 infant prefolds
8 Crickett's Newborn +
10 KL0s
4 nb Swaddlebees fitteds
2 nb Clovers fitteds
a bunch of s and xs PUL covers
3 size 1 Little Beetle Wool wraps
some mama-made knitted longies and soakers

That's just my newborn/small stash. Really, I shouldn't *need* to buy anything else. DD is still in the mediums and a few larges.

I was thinking, though, of making some small prefitteds. Some of my OS fitteds are getting pretty ragged, too, so they may need to be replaced.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM

I have a mix of pocket and AIO's. I bought 5 NB sposoeasy (clearance) because I didn't have any NB size. I'm not sure how many NB I will need until baby is ready for smalls?? I didn't CD last time until 2m old.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post
I have a mix of pocket and AIO's. I bought 5 NB sposoeasy (clearance) because I didn't have any NB size. I'm not sure how many NB I will need until baby is ready for smalls?? I didn't CD last time until 2m old.
I bet it will depend on the size of your baby at birth, how fast s/he grows, and the diaper, too. Some smalls fit smaller than others!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 08-19-2010, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

smalls were too big on my 7lb baby last time around. NB sized were perfect, but he grew out of them really fast. He was a chunker. Its not that the smalls were way too big, but the rise was over his umbilical stump. Preemie prefolds were a perfect fit, but i found out the hard way that the fabric isnt thick enough for snappi's so ya gotta use pins on them

Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM

I still have stuff form the last one.. not likley to get anything new either... maybe more wool but who knows

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoefairy3 View Post
Preemie prefolds were a perfect fit, but i found out the hard way that the fabric isnt thick enough for snappi's so ya gotta use pins on them

I think I remember using snappi's with my preemies. We weren't in them very long though so I might be remembering incorrectly.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Wow. I've never cataloged everything, but here's what I can think of off the top of my head--it's all leftover from DS. (Can I confess that I've been using sposies for the past two weeks. I just couldn't wash stinky diapers anymore!)

1 doz newborn prefolds
probably 6 newborn covers--prowraps, XS thirsties
2 NB kissaluvs fitteds
1 NB AIO
6 cheapo fitteds that I loved! (Snugglebottoms, I think)
1 pair of NB longies that I never used because DS was born in June!

2 doz infant prefolds
various covers
6 S Nana's bottoms AIOs

1 doz med prefolds
various covers
6 M Nana's bottoms AIOs
1 M covered caboose cover

1 L wool wrap
6 L Nana's bottoms AIOs
14 OS Kawaii minky pockets
1 OS cotton Swaddlebees pocket

4 Growing greens OS fitted, 3 cotton, one hemp
4 of some other kind of almost OS fitted that I can't remember the name...oh, yeah--Cricketts. Cotton.

I have some doublers, but I rarely used them.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM

I haven't gone through dipes for years so no real idea. I know I have about 12 kissaluvs for newborn stage and Bummis Whisper Wraps. I have Fuzzi Buns and Swaddlebees for S-M. I also have infant and regular prefolds as well as a couple WAHM AIOs. We had a really bad skin issue with dd at about 1yr last time and were sadly forced to switch to Seventh Gen. sposies, so we have no larger sizes. I think this baby will do both since I'll be working this time. Not sure yet though. I think I've been too sick to really get cloth fever yet.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
Old 08-21-2010, 08:15 AM

I have nothing! We are going to St. Louis in a few weeks and DH knows that we WILL be visiting Cotton Babies to check out diapers and such. Can't wait!

eta: (Cotton Babies is the retail store of BumGenius, and I think they sell other types of dipes, too)

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM

I haven't been to the Cotton Babies store in a few years, but they definitely have more than just the BumGenius dipes. I am going to STL on Wed and wish I had time to go by the store.

Kangaroo Kids is a resale store in STL. They had a decent selection of used dipes the last time I was there. They are also a place to go if end up having any problems nursing.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 PM

I'm glad to see so many other mamas with the fluff-bug! I mostly have bumgenious 3.0s and rumparoos from DD1 but I have been stalking cloth diaper sales lately and it's only a matter of time before I give in...

Come to think of it, what I have is quite worn in in the hook and loop and elastic departments. Anyone know where I could find someone who does diaper repair? (Sadly, I can't sew to save my life!)
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM

I've been browsing the newborn fluff, I just can't help myself.

Has anyone ever tried Very Baby fitteds? I've read some reviews that suggest they are better for skinnier babies, and while DD wasn't a chunk until about 2 months, she certainly wasn't tiny either. But I love the prints that I've seen for a WAHM, and I'm itching to start a newborn stash. Any thoughts, ladies?

Mom to DSS D (7) , DD Elizabeth (8/09) , and expecting DC3 3/30/11
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM

FYI- cottonbabies.com is havin a seconds sale today on bumgenius dipes. I started my stash!
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fluff bug!!

I have so many diaps n covers n things. They're all in the attic waiting to be sorted and cleaned and loved again. I think all I need for this Bean is some infant pfs and fitteds and some hand-knit soakers, of course

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif

User Tag List