Question about bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am about 10.5 weeks according to an emergency us I had at 6 weeks. I have no last cycle date and several possible conception dates so the us is all we have to go on.

I had a big bleed at the 6 weeks. It was a whole days worth of red blood that gushed out at first. Then by the end of the day it stopped and I felt more pregnant nauseous and all, then i had ever before. My midwife got me in the next day for an us. Saw the baby, measured at 6 weeks, and saw a good strong heartbeat. Don't remember the number but it was around the 120-140.

Then I got sick and rested for about 4 weeks. Once I started feeling better, we started going for nightly walks again. After about 3 days we took the kids to play at this big climbing indoor gym type thing. I hadn't planned to go into it, I was wearing a skirt even since none of my pants fit. But when the 2 year old took off and dh was busy, I had to follow. It wore me out but didn't seem too bad. Then that night we went on our walk and did about a mile.

I was reading bedtime books to the boys and my pants felt wet. So I went to the bathroom and i had a ton of clod fall out again. But this time, it was all brown. Very brown not even tinged red. So at first I was like ok no big deal. Maybe it's left over from the last bleed and i just didn't work it out until now.

I spotted a little for the next day and even occasionally now but its always brown.

Then today I am having a bit of crampy feelings. I don't think its uterine growth but i can't be sure. So now I'm scared. Is it possible the baby was lost a while ago and didn't come out until now so it is brown? Or would that be red? Are my chances good since we heard a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks or is that too early to boost confidence?

I am out of luck since it is the weekend. I have no proof of insurance and can't go to the hospital or anything. I will if the pain gets bad or I start really bleeding. But it's a big hassle so I'd rather not just run in.

I do have a mw appt on Wednesday but I'll call Monday to see if i can get snuck in early. But I thought I'd ask here if y'all have any ideas. I know some midwives hang around here so I'm hoping someone can give me some insight.

Thanks ladies!

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 05:20 PM

best thing to do, call your midwife. Brown blood is old blood which is usually a good sign (better than bright red anyway) *hugs*

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#3 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 PM

I would call your midwife now - even with it being the weekend. Other than the big bleed at 6 weeks, the rest (unfortunately) sounds like I did when I went through the last miscarriage. The baby was at least a week behind developmentally to the age it would have been if it just died that day - so it is possible to carrying for awhile after the baby dies.

However, I'm praying super hard that's not the case for you and that this is just some old blood issues from the 6 week bleed. Please call your midwife anyway, though. I'm uninsured and understand the not wanting to run to the hospital right now thing, but midwives usually are much better about this kind of thing and want to know right away at the first sign of any trouble.
#4 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM

I don't know what's more likely, MamaLea. I hope you can find some peaceful moments this weekend and that they can sneak you in on Monday.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#5 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 09:38 PM

I wish I could say for sure all is well but I do hope so. Take it easy and try to get in earlier.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

I've decided not to call this weekend. We are visiting my inlaws and I want to enjoy this little get away. I am trying to make peace in my mind with whatever it is. Even if i call right now, and I am going to miscarry, there is nothing that can be done but wait. I will call on Monday but again, what can they do? If this baby was not meant to be, then I have lots of other things to do and work on and we are able to try again. I am thankful for that.

I do thank you all for thoughts and prayers and I will update when I hear anything. I am very hopeful still! Thank you ladies, this board is so important to me.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page