Wkly chat Wk of Aug 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let the chatting begin!!!!

I'm 12wks now. Almost done the first trimester. I am also starting to show under my fluff. lol

I'm still nauseous too. ugh!!! Can't wait to not be nauseous and have more energy.

I also am having the shopping bug but i have restrainted myself from buying what we need for the baby. For now.

Anyone else is have this shopping bug???

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#2 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 AM

My shopping bug is for maternity clothes! I don't really, really need them yet, I can make it another few weeks I think wearing just my loose, stretchy stuff, but I'd love some cute maternity pants for the fall. I know I'll be hating maternity clothes soon enough though, so I'm trying to hold off until I really have no choice and the weather changes.

I'm 11 weeks today. Second trimester is coming soon!

And it is the first day of school today, so I have to go look and see what I can wear that makes me look all teacher-y and professional. Yoga pants won't cut it today!
#3 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM

10 weeks here today! And my first midwife appointment is on Thursday. Haven't yet decided if I want to do the doppler, although it would be pretty cool for DD to hear the heartbeat.

I wish I didn't need maternity clothes yet... My clothing selection was pretty limited before I got pregnant, so I just shopping the maternity sections right away this time. That reminds me, today is red tag sale day at Goodwill, so I have to go scope out the maternity rack!

I have a cold, feeling pretty miserable....

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#4 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 PM

I've been clothes shopping too. Not for maternity stuff yet, but I want a pair of black pants with a stretchy waist. I seem to have put on a bit of "padding" around my midsection and lately I just cannot stand anything squeezing my belly. So I'm on a hunt for a pair of relaxed or yoga/workout black pants that don't look like workout pants. Also considering getting some low-rise jeans so they don't squish my belly, wonder if that would work...

Oh, funny story, I told DH about a carseat that's on sale at a local store, it's the one I've been looking at getting anyway (First Years True Fit) and this week it's 25% cheaper - good deal, right? DH says I'm crazy, we don't need to buy a carseat till March (I'm officially due Mar. 28). Yeah, right! Methinks someone is still adjusting to the idea of having a baby.
#5 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM

We were going to go to storage to dig out some mat clothes yesterday, but in light of what's going on, we decided to hold off.

I've got brown when I wipe sometimes, although the bleeding stopped, but I've been really crampy. My u/s is at 10, so in an hour or so. I'm not expecting good news, but would be happy for any prayers or happy thoughts you've got.

I've gained so much weight this year (almost 50 pounds although just 2 during pregnancy) that all my pants are stretchy anyway. With my first, I held off on mat clothes until 16 weeks. With my second, I was hiding it at work, so I think I stayed in regular clothes with long shirts or sweaters until 5 months. And then the first day I wore maternity clothes, everyone was like, "oooooooh."
#6 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Lyss- hoping for the best.

#7 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
We were going to go to storage to dig out some mat clothes yesterday, but in light of what's going on, we decided to hold off.

I've got brown when I wipe sometimes, although the bleeding stopped, but I've been really crampy. My u/s is at 10, so in an hour or so. I'm not expecting good news, but would be happy for any prayers or happy thoughts you've got.

I've gained so much weight this year (almost 50 pounds although just 2 during pregnancy) that all my pants are stretchy anyway. With my first, I held off on mat clothes until 16 weeks. With my second, I was hiding it at work, so I think I stayed in regular clothes with long shirts or sweaters until 5 months. And then the first day I wore maternity clothes, everyone was like, "oooooooh."
Good vibes coming your way. I hope you hear reassuring news today.

I got a nice bag of hand-me-downs so I've been wearing those as much as possible. Not because I'm showing, but because I have so few clothes anyway that it is nice to have some actual options. They do look oversized on me, but whatever!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#8 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM

Thinking of you Lyss.

Today marks 12w for me. Had my 2nd appt. this morning. Pee in cup, HB 164, see you in a month.

I was outed this weekend by my soccer mom friends. They said I was skinny but it looked like I had a baby in my belly. I was wearing a T-shirt that I thought covered up any bloat but apparently it was obvious!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#9 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

((hugs)) Lyss, hope it goes well at the u/s.

I did my mat clothes shopping at the beginning of Aug when I went out of town for the wkend. I got most on sale. yeah for sales!!! The jeans were not on sale but I can't live without a pair of jeans. lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#10 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Lyss-sending you good thoughts!!

I am definitely showing, apparently I have a big uterus. The midwife I have now delivered my first but she was not around in the beginning. Both she (at my 1st appointment last week) and my first midwife tried to tell me I was measuring way ahead of my dates. Nope, I just have a huge uterus.
I only have a couple things I can wear during this hot weather though, so I'm trying not to buy anything because I have plenty of stuff for fall/winter. I dislike having a limited wardrobe now though.

Emotionally I'm feeling a little better (thanks Neuromancer and KaPow for your kind words). I realized I should stop comparing this pregnancy to the last, the excitement will come eventually.

I should be napping right now while my daughter is asleep! Dang you internet.
#11 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks for all the love, ladies. Rockycrop, it will happen. Complain if you need to. It's not an easy position to be in.
#12 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM

I am feelign a whole lot more human today. A bit tired right now, but we spent a couple hours at the park today, so that's pry why. 13 weeks tomorrow. Yippee!

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#13 of 56 Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM

I'm finally getting my ultrasound on Wednesday. We are using an independent u/s location. It's in a mall, but it seems like a really nice one. It will be nice to get a better EDD.

Even though I'm nearing the end of the first trimester, I seem to be running down instead of feeling better. By the end of work, I'm worn out and my back is killing me. Emotionally, I'm not much better. At home, I have to deal with my grandmother who is a worrier and a very opinionated person. And who thinks she is always right and that's that.

She has put the kibosh on a birth at home. She said it is her house and there will be no home birth. Luckily my midwife has said I can birth at her home. So while it won't be a home birth at my home, it won't be a hospital birth either.

I'm just not that excited yet either. And I don't know why. I'm thinking that it is a mixture of things and many of them can't be fixed. So I'm trying to deal with them and being pregnant and I'm just not finding it easy.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#14 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 AM

11 weeks today! All my tops are getting too tight in the belly, I put a shirt on that I wore two weeks ago and it no longer fits. And I have to leave my old pants undone. I can't wait to be 'out' and just wearing whatever I want!

To all of you who want to shop... I have a shareable 30% off coupon at The Gap this week. If you PM me your address I will send you one. And 5% of what you spend goes to Feed America. Pretty good deal, if you ask me!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#15 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 09:23 AM

yay 13 weeks today. Officially 2nd Trimester. Exciting. Time is going by really really fast though, I kinda would like it to slow down.

Poor Bean isnt going to get much gear until after he/she gets here. 1st I have a birthday boy in Sept that is going to need some gifts and then I need to scrap all my pennies together for Christmas presents. I dont know how we are going to swing that one. o_O Then another Birthday Girl in February and then finally Bean comes. Thank goodness for online shopping LOL

#16 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 12:53 PM

I am back and apperently I am bad at the whole buddy group thing. All is well here, My hubby got to come home for a while, we had not gotten to see each other since the BFP so we were spend lots of time together just hanging out and avoiding cyber space. Then I had to go out of town for a while which lead to a huge amount of time not posting. I hope everyone is well and I will try to be better at posting.

I did get to go to the Midwife for my second appointment yesterday and she tried to hear the heart beat on the doppler and could not get it so she used their in office ultrasound and we have a heart beat of 166 beats per min and there is only one baby. it was so cool to be able to see the munchkin moving around in there. It was funny because it was laying the same way I do with my legs pulled up to my chest and my head tucked down a little. It would move its arms and legs around every once in a while though. As a first time mom it was pure magic.

She said she could not get the heart beat on the doppler because it looks like my placenta is forming in the front.
#17 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 07:21 PM

Well knock me over with a feather. The in-laws actually said CONGRATULATIONS! when we told them. Wasn't expecting that.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#18 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM

If my midwife is right about how big my uterus feels, I should be coming up on 12 weeks, we have our first u/s Friday morning, so we will know better when to expect this one. This is my dh's first baby, so he's extra excited about seeing him/her.

I've been feeling way less nauseous the last week and a half, which I am thrilled about. Still really exhausted, and the heat isn't helping. It's only in the low 80's, and it's San Diego so the humidity is pretty low, but it's been so cool all summer that the sudden heat of the last couple of days is really taking it out of everyone, and me especially. This is the first time I've dealt with heat in early pregnancy, and I'm finding it sucks ALMOST as bad as heat in late pregnancy.

I'm really showing, I feel like I look way more pregnant than I am, but not wearing maternity clothes yet. Yoga pants and loose dresses have been cutting it so far.

I'm satisfying my urges to shop for baby stuff by doing a baby gift registry, an online one that allows me to add stuff from any website. That's been pretty fun, looking forward to my baby shower, but that seems so far away. I know it will go by quickly though.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#19 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post
Well knock me over with a feather. The in-laws actually said CONGRATULATIONS! when we told them. Wasn't expecting that.
Nice

I am hoping to get the same response from my parents, but I am not holding my breath

#20 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM

10w 3d today!

I feel like I'm SO far behind all you 12 & 13 week ladies!

Feeling okay...still throwing up every few days, but it seems to be passing (slowly). I feel the belly coming, but I can't wait to have a BIG ROUND BABY BELLY.

Despite the fact that I came out on Facebook and I'm making no secret about it at work, very few of my co-workers have said anything. They don't NEED to acknowledge it, but it's strange when I'm talking and I'm not quite sure whether they know. I don't want to bring it up just for the sake of bringing it up....it's just strange. I think that around 13 or 14 weeks I may bring in some "I'M PREGNANT" cupcakes or something.

I'm so incredibly excited, I just saw on FB that another one of my friends from high school is pregnant. She's such a fantastic and creative person and I know that her child will make the world a better place. I'm also excited because her son is 13 and she has a new fiancee and is SO excited to do this all again.

I'm also excited because a friend just emailed me and offered up a huge list of "baby stuff". I'd actually given her a bunch of my stuff when she was pregnant (and I wasn't sure that I'd have any more kids), so now it's really coming back ten-fold.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#21 of 56 Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM

i'm 9w3d and also feeling far behind, in comparison to the march club. i'm also following the april club since there is a good chance i'll run "late", but i am SUPER ahead of everyone there! doh! i feel much worse talking about how i think m/s is getting better when the rest of the crowd is still anticipating it, or in the throws of it.

but, that said i thought i was safe from the m/s and back to just "being particular" but a couple bites into dinner tonight i had to make a just-in-case visit to the bathroom. so sad! i think it might have just taken toooooo long to make dinner and i got too hungry.

toast it is.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#22 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 AM

Yup, I'm barely over 9 weeks today, too. I saw the midwife at my OB office today, but I can't stop thinking about wanting to transfer care to the homebirth midwife I found. I just need to see if my insurance is going to come along easily, or if I have to enter the appeals process. I wrote an email to a woman in HR and I'm hoping she'll help me WITHOUT telling my boss!
Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#23 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 AM

Prego insomnia has struck, again. I could have strangled DH tonight... he woke me up at about 1am to blow my nose because I was "breathing loud and keeping him awake" (he has OCD and weird things drive him nuts). Oh I let him have it; you do not wake a sleeping pregnant woman! And then I woke up at 3am and am still up. Please, please, let the TV lull me back to sleep!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#24 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

I also had insomnia too but caused by family drama. Ugh I hate family drama.

#25 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 11:06 AM

Hugs to both of you! I was awake I swear every 15 minutes last night. Just woke up, no reason.

#26 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 11:21 AM

I had a debilitating headache last night. It was horrible. My dh took care of the kids and I went to bed at 5:30 but I was up over and over to pee, ask him to rub my shoulders and heat up a heating pad, etc. I could not get rid of the pain and I was terribly nauseated on top of it. I hope that never happens again!
#27 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs to you two too. I hope we all have a better night. What was going on for so many of us to not have a good night??

#28 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM

Full moon!!!

#29 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 12:22 PM

So much for keeping this babe a secret! Our psychiatrist saw me from the side and came up to say, "Oh, I didn't know you were pregnant, congratulations!"

She thought I looked about 4 months. I told her I was just barely 12 weeks. She then became the third person to ask if we were sure it wasn't twins. lol, we think there was only one on the US. . .

It's going to be a great day ladies!
Zip-a-dee do-dah
Zip-a-dee-ay
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine
Coming my way!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#30 of 56 Old 08-25-2010, 12:53 PM

I hope everyone feels better and has a better night tonight. I woke up a couple times last night because my back was hurting. I think it may be time for a better body pillow or pregnancy pillow. I sleep funny anyway if I am tired and if I am not carefull I twist my hips funny and end up with a really bad back ache.
Does anyone have any experiance with those pregnancy pillows?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page