I would love a Subway Sandwich. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All I've been thinking about for the last week is how much I'd love a turkey sandwich from Subway with a ton of pickles and green peppers.

I'm sending hubby out for a steak-n-cheese sub, but am not holding out hope it's going to satisfy me.

I mean, from where I'm at, I may be able to enjoy a subway sub as early as the next couple days, so I'm not *so* resentful. I mean, I'm grateful I'm still pregnant. But all I'm saying is that a turkey sub would taste REALLY GOOD right about now.
#2 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM

So why don't you get the Turkey sub?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 03:59 PM

one sandwich is not going to kill you

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#4 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM

heck, Ive had way more than one this pregnancy (will not give an actual number because I'm not sure how many times was actually cold meat... Ive had a thing for their steak and cheese sandwich, which is hot)

And its certainly not hurt me or my baby.

Really the risk is lower than the risk of you dying in a car accident on the way there, but you still go in the car right?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I eat a lot of pasturized feta, but I don't mess with the lunchmeat. I thought I had listeriosis when I was pregnant with DD, and I was a wreck. A friend of mine did have listeriosis when she was pregnant with her daughter and the whole pregnancy was touch and go. So I steer clear of the lunchmeat, but I do miss it so.

I've got enough working against this little one with the rupture. Especially since a gazillion pounds of lunchmeat were recalled today for listeria.
#6 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
Especially since a gazillion pounds of lunchmeat were recalled today for listeria.
Thats WalMart, not Subway.

Just get a turkey sub and have it toasted if you cant get over the paranoia!

#7 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM

and those were pre made sandwiches. Fresh shaved meat is a-ok according to my midwife. Premade sandwiches are not.

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#8 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Just get them to heat it up for you!! I know it's not quite the same, but maybe satisfying.

A friend of mine could only stomach Subway for a large portion of her pregnancy. She just had them heat up everything.

I also don't mess with lunchmeat. It freaks me out a little when I'm not pregnant.
#9 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Well "they" say you're supposed to heat the meat in a microwave till it's steaming, right? Subway has microwaves, at least here they heat up those cut up chicken cutlets in there before they put them on your sandwich. You could just ask them to microwave the turkey for you first.
#10 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 07:26 PM

My dh works at the plant in the lab and he is really careful about what he lets out. People are always mad at him for not releasing stuff. Have it toasted if need be. I get the cravings. He worked there when I was preg with ds2 and I ate turkey every.single day
#11 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Dh works for subway and he heats the meat for preggo women all of the time.

That sounds really dirty out of context.
#12 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM

I am sitting at the computer eating at spicy italian sub that I had them heat. I have had a couple so far and have not really worried about it. But truth be told I have California roll at my local sushi place without a worry as well. (I know the owners and my dad actually provides them with some of the octopus they use so I have no worries.)
#13 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam* View Post
Dh works for subway and he heats the meat for preggo women all of the time.

That sounds really dirty out of context.
Haha, yes, it definitely does sound dirty out of context

You know what also is funny? I actually had a dream a few weeks ago where I was driving around searching for a Subway...I was literally craving it while sleeping!! I passed a Togo's and a Quizno's but I didn't stop at either of them because I knew Subway would be the only thing that would satisfy I need to go there soon...I also am craving a turkey sub...I like it with lots of pickles and mustard...mmmmm
#14 of 22 Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Ive been craving them too, which is od because we almost never eat there just because dh is sick of it and he smells like bread when he gets home. But lately I have been having him bring me home a sub.
#15 of 22 Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM

I had a wonderful Turkey Bacon on Garlic roll today from subway. And i had Cheddar on it and they toasted it. And it had Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and pickles on it. And it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo good! Seriously.
#16 of 22 Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Sam, that's totally hawt.

My steak and cheese was not fulfilling. I'll ask them to heat it up next time and just eat the turkey.
#17 of 22 Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM

I usually just get a veggie delite, which is cheese and vegetables, but every once and a while I like the chicken bacon ranch (toasted). Yum.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#18 of 22 Old 08-26-2010, 12:45 AM

Oh man, I really shouldn't have read this thread. I've been craving a Sub sandwich for at least a week. But alas, I'm gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and on and on and on and on... so there's no eating out for me.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#19 of 22 Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Changing seasons, is it you with the food sensitivities or DD? Both of my kids were sensitive to nearly everything (months of the rice-zucchini-turkey-pear diet while BFing) for the first year. I feel you. I can't imagine doing that diet AND dealing with food aversions.
#20 of 22 Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
Changing seasons, is it you with the food sensitivities or DD? Both of my kids were sensitive to nearly everything (months of the rice-zucchini-turkey-pear diet while BFing) for the first year. I feel you. I can't imagine doing that diet AND dealing with food aversions.
DD has severe (IgE) food allergies, so we keep all top allergens out of the house. Plus, until my milk dried up a couple weeks ago I was still breastfeeding, so I was on the same diet as her (lamb and veggies pretty much.) But I also tested positive for intolerance to dairy & gluten (which I think might have started during my first pregnancy), so I'm trying to stay off those during this pregnancy. Hoping to keep my gut healthy and happy so that I don't sensitize this baby to any foods right off the bat.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#21 of 22 Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

I've thought about that, but just can't deal with all the extra work of food prep. Our problems were all IgG, though, and I agree, I think mine started during my pregnancy with DD too. But then DS was 2 years later, and he had twice the sensitivities of DD, and his worst one was rice. So I am shaking in my boots about being pregnant again.

I was working when they went through theirs, and we could afford to buy all kinds of organic, gf, etc. groceries. Now, I don't know what we would do.

I admire your dedication. I couldn't handle lamb. Too gamey. We were all turkey, baby.
#22 of 22 Old 08-26-2010, 08:27 PM

i'm right with you, jess. my big craving right now is BLTs. Luckily, I can do uncured bacon, fresh from the farm tomatoes, canola mayo all wrapped in a big leafy of fresh from the farm lettuce. I'm considering the tapioca crackers and doing amuse bouches.

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page