woo hoo! I cooked something (and ate it!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like this is a big step but most people wouldn't understand at this point - except many of you!

I had DH make the meat but I made potato salad and corn with my CSA veggies... I have been giving them away the last month or so and I hope this means I might start using more of them before the summer is totally gone.

I can't remember the last time I actually made something involving much more then a toaster and peanut butter.

So glad the sickness phase is passing... now when does the fatigue start to let up a bit? I can't remember. YAWN

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM

I can't explain my MS to most people (especially my husband). It's not that I can't eat, but I don't seem to be able to cook anything. During my first pregnancy, I was working 60-70 hours a week, so I ate out or easy foods for every meal anyway and almost never had any sickness. Now, as a SAHM, I pretty much cook everything normally, so we've been eating out ALL the time to avoid my "blurg"-y feeling.

My due date's only a week behind yours, so perhaps there is hope for me yet!
#3 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 AM

Yup, I'm also often explaining to people that I can either cook or eat, not both. Don't ask me why. Lots of takeout for us too lately.
#4 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 AM

I hear you! I cooked what ended up being like a shepherd's pie (mashed potatoes, fresh garden green beans, ground beef, onions and some GF cream of mushroom soup). Normally... that would have just been the mashed potatoes =)
#5 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 AM

woo!!!! i posted this exact sentence on facebook a couple of weeks ago. such a good feeling! i hope it keeps up for you, it did for me

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#6 of 6 Old 08-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Yay! Me too! I just cooked something for the first time in a looooong time on Saturday night.

It feels good to be cooking again and not putting that extra strain on our finances from eating out 2 or 3 times a week.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page