Needing to Vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This has nothing to due with pregnancy directly, I just needed a place to vent. Please disregard or delete as needed.

My family and I live with my grandmother who raised me. We have little money of our own due to large debts that we are working to pay off. It is a long work in progress but we are getting there.

Today, she told us that we have to get rid of our three cats. The cats that she originally said were okay to bring. The cats that after a few weeks were banished to live in the basement. We just had to put our dog down a couple of weeks ago due to illness, and now this.

This isn't the only thing, just the latest in a string of things. I know we are living in her house free and clear. We have tried to pay bills at the house, but she told us to put it toward our bills. Then it gets thrown in our face that she pays for everything.

Now, she is threatening to kick us out. I don't know what we will do if that happens. We have no savings, nothing. We live paycheck to paycheck and the extra goes to the aforementioned bills. If we do somehow come up with the money to move, we would move closer to my job. But that will take me out of the range of my current midwife. And I'll have to find another. And I'll probably have to settle for a hospital birth, too.

I'm scared and just needed a place to vent.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM

That sucks! I hope she's just having a bad day or something and it will pass.
#3 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 PM

i'm sorry

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#4 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm sorry. That's a difficult situation. Do you think if you found a home for the cats that it would better, or do you think she would just find another reason to be unhappy with your presence?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 PM

I think Banana hit the nail on the head - sometimes there's an issue, and sometimes people make an issue out of everything.

I hope it all works out.
#6 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

We ended up giving the cats to a Humane Society. We had to travel over 60 miles to find one that had openings for cats. It was either that or have them put down if we couldn't find them a home in a matter of days. At least this way they have a chance at adoption and a new family.

I really think the main problem recently is my pregnancy. She claims that I got pregnant on purpose and nothing that can be said will change her mind. (This pregnancy was an unexpected one and not on purpose.) I know that if she thought it would have done any good she would have advocated for an abortion earlier on. She doesn't think that I am a good mother because I do not mother in the same way she does. She takes it as a personal insult I think.

This has made for a very strained relationship between us. We just have no where else to go.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#7 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 07:40 PM

I'm so sorry Giving away your kitties had to be so tough, but what really makes my heart go out is the way she's being about your pregnancy. A baby is a gift. I hope things take a turn for the better, keep us posted.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page