Aug 30 chat thread! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmn12 View Post
August 30th, 2010, my 39th birthday! And what was the best present I got? We got to hear baby's heartbeat at our first appointment! 160 beautiful beats per minute. What a lovely sound.
happy birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
Had another appt today. The midwife wanted to take another look at the U/S to get a more accurate date. Surprise, surprise her date was EXACTLY what I'd told her. She said something like "yeah, you were right on" and my response was "I told you, I was keeping track of everything.....EVERYTHING."

Everything looks awesome. Baby was bouncing around and waving its arms.
yay!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 09-01-2010, 06:50 PM

I guess I am 11 weeks and 3 days today? I am TIRED but feeling slightly more normal when it comes to eating.

I go in on Friday to try and hear the HB - I hope we do as DD will be with me and that would be cool =) My 1st appointment was a couple weeks ago and we did not hear it.

I can't believe I can still wear all my normal clothes. I had lost a few points in the months before I got pregnant so everything was loose and I guess that is helping. I don't think I have gained much either but I just keep getting a feeling I will wake up one morning and suddenly nothing will fit but I won't have taken anything out of storage yet. Hopefully I get a few days warning when things start to get tight, I have been too tired to go get my clothes and go through them to see what ti need.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#33 of 48 Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 PM

Had another good appointment with our MW today. Had my lungs, heart, and thyroid checked and she took some blood for assorted bloodwork. Also heard the little bean's heartbeat on the doppler which made me cry. So glad to get that reassurance before we go away and especially since we'll be telling a bunch of relatives on our trip. Happy day!
#34 of 48 Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Yeah for heartbeats!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#35 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_ View Post
Had another good appointment with our MW today. Had my lungs, heart, and thyroid checked and she took some blood for assorted bloodwork. Also heard the little bean's heartbeat on the doppler which made me cry. So glad to get that reassurance before we go away and especially since we'll be telling a bunch of relatives on our trip. Happy day!

Yay!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#36 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 AM

realistic bleeding dream last night. woke up to what i'm hoping was some kind of gas cramping, but it certainly gave the dream an added layer of reality.

i'm so happy to hear all of the good news!!!

#37 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 AM

I'm feeling a little better WRT food. I still don't want to cook it and I got nauseous in the grocery store yesterday, but I feel like I can eat a little bit more freely. I'm still tired, though. Who knows how far along I am. I have a dating u/s next Thursday. That should be kind of fun. And then that Saturday we're leaving to go to the BEACH! I'm SOOOOOO excited. It'll be the first vacation we've had since I was pregnant with DS. I just hope no one follows Earl.
#38 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

I still feel a bit sick at the grocery store too... and I am fairly significantly better in general. I found that I can handle my co-op better then the big stores - Target Grocery area smelled like raw meat last time - BLEH

JayRay - Maybe I am too tired but what is WRT....?

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#39 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 12:00 PM

I'm guessing that WRT = with respect to?
#40 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
realistic bleeding dream last night. woke up to what i'm hoping was some kind of gas cramping, but it certainly gave the dream an added layer of reality.

i'm so happy to hear all of the good news!!!
Ugh, stressful! How are you feeling now??

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#41 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Yes, "with respect to." It may not be an official abbreviation. My general chemistry teacher in college used it and it's stuck with me.
#42 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
Ugh, stressful! How are you feeling now??
Thanks, it's warn off. I gave the tp a thorough inspection this morning though lol (tmi, sorry)

I got other good news today. Last week a crown had chipped off a bit and I've been really worried that I was getting a case of "pregnancy mouth" already. But, it turns out it was just the crown that was an issue, not my teeth or bacteria or anything. Also means I don't have to shell out any $$$$ to replace it. So all around win for the day, methinks. I am super worried about my teeth this pregnancy, as I developed some problems after having my son and then he ended up with early childhood caries. I've bought 2, 500 piece bags of xylitol gum and we are both going crazy chewing it so that we don't give any bad bugs to the baby (and so that I can hopefully avoid problems this time around.) Teeth!!!!

#43 of 48 Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM

I had another clotty red bleed this morning. MW paged the OB who said with this kind of subchorionic hematoma, it can bleed red and/or brown on and off for weeks. Cheery! Stringy brown right now. My regular OB called back later and said she'll give me an u/s next Tuesday if I want one, but it's too soon after Monday's u/s to do another. I wish I could be more zen about this.

I swear I feel flutters, though. On my left side only, and the placenta, we learned at Monday u/s is on the right anterior, so I'll bet I'm right. It's also previa, which scares me about the bleeding.

But I've had two salads two days in a row successfully! I'm so glad. I missed vegetables, and so did my kids. Went to DD's new kindergarten's orientation yesterday, and they have a big garden and they do CSA! I'm excited.
#44 of 48 Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Had my second MW appointment today and we heard the heartbeat!!

It was 150 bpm.

DD was with and thought it was pretty cool to hear it too.

Oh, and I am actually cooking again tonight - making stuffed cabbage with things from my CSA. Looks like I might actually use my veggies for the last 4 weeks I get them. The last 6-8 weeks I was definitely not getting my money's worth (but my neighbors were!).

#45 of 48 Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM

11 weeks today!! first midwife appt on Monday.

Today is a baking day, taking care of a fraction of the green tomatoes out in the garden. Pie and bread All going into the freezer so that I just have to pull them out for our last scheduling camping trip of the season next weekend.

Yay for heartbeats

#46 of 48 Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 PM

We're ready for a new thread soon, aren't we? I'm in the second trimester now (Yay! ) and actually feeling pretty good today. It doesn't hurt that it is a 3 day weekend and I have been able to sleep in and relax a little.

Today I'm going to try to go to a friend's house and have a maternity clothes fix it day (hem pants, sew together sweater I knitted, and dye a couple of shirts) but she might have to cancel on me, so we will see. I bought some more used pants and a couple of shirts and I'm starting to feel like I actually have some clothes that fit.

How is everyone feeling?
#47 of 48 Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Looks like I'm 11 weeks along. I felt pretty good this weekend, too, Lousli. Of course, that makes me wonder if I'm still pregnant, but that's the way my mind works. We swam in a friend's pool yesterday, which was great, and everyone there knew I was pregnant, so I didn't worry about whether I looked a little bloated.

My clothes still all fit, but I'm starting to dislike "close" waistbands. I have a favorite, elastic-waist skirt that I can't wear anymore because it makes me feel "squeezed."

I have the scan for the nuchal translucency screening a week from tomorrow, and if all goes well I'll start talking to my employer and the director of my play about the fact that I'm pregnant. It shouldn't affect the latter much, but I'll just mention it before we have costumes chosen.

I started baby knitting today, with an organic cotton "flour sack" hat. You can see it on my Ravelry page if you're on that site. I'm "SpyKnits" there. My husband and I are trying to choose a baby blanket pattern for me to knit. Turns out we have fairly dissimilar tastes. Rats.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#48 of 48 Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 AM

heartbeat!!! 140bpm. i think that scientifically proves this is a girl

i just started knitting this week too. although for me it has been years since i've picked up the needles. first time with ravelry too, wow what site! i'll look for you N.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page